Juan Mata

Severinb

Guys, like it or not, Mata today is a bench warmer for Chelsea. Such situation is both horrible for such an amazing player and also for the club.

It's normal that a part of all of us feels a sense of waste but let's be honest here, Mata was given a few chances this season and every single time he came on, he proved that the manager was right and the way we're playing now is simply not one that he can fit in. To insist on the adaptation of Mata to the way we're playing now is like insisting for a fish to climb a tree. Even if he somehow adapted, he just wouldn't be himself as a player anymore.

That said, the question we must ask ourselves first is, has it been worth it changing the way the team plays even if that means sacrificing Mata's quality? And so far there is no denying the team looks much stronger than what it did before. This means no matter how good Mata is, it's an unshakable fact that he simply has no future in our Chelsea club...

Which brings us to our next question. Who do we sell him to? Certainly, selling such a player to a rival club like United in the middle of the season can only be classified as a gamble. There is no point in arguing such move because it is literally a gamble.

On one hand, we could be getting 40 million out of a desperate United knowing that they will still be a mess because Mata is NOT the player they need, knowing that Moyes will still be a flop, knowing that this will only increase pressure on them and their manager, knowing that Mata will help them take points from our rivals, knowing that we could potentially be getting Rooney in the summer because of this. OR this could mean waking up a sleeping giant and helping United survive its huge crisis and come back to haunt us for seasons to come.

There is no way we can tell what will happen, except that this will either be one of the smartest cards ever played in the history of the EPL away from the field or one of the stupidest things for which we will be mocked for a lot of time.

The only thing certain is that this is going to be one hell of a season. :ph34r:

I can see that you've accepted this but you don't have to celebrate his impending move to Utd as much as the United fans are ... :rant:

Who the fuck is celebrating?

Jesus Christ, can we go back to the old TalkChelsea, the one where people had a sense of humour?

As a side note - £40 million for our fourth-best attacking midfielder?

Jos--Mourinho-after-Inter-006.jpg

In terms of selection right now Mata is indeed 4th choice - fair comment, when we are looking a little deeper and look into talent only Hazard comes close and as I've already said god forbid he gets injured if juan is sold, however when the other 2 can create 227 chances in 2 seasons I will put them in the same bracket, albeit good players they are that have high energy and can press blah blah blah, sooner or later we will rue the day Mata is sold.

37 million is a lot of money though.

Depends on perspective. I don't think it will impact us as much as letting Mata go will. This isn't even about Mata leaving, this is about selling to the wrong affiliate at a wrong time while weakening our own squad. Candy money, nothing more.

Well, so this is actually happening...I sincerly hope Mou and Co have a deal for a top-striker/AM already prepared, couse there ain't many days left for us to sign anyone in this window. Otherwise I can see this transfer hurting us in the fight for the title, yes Mata hasn't been playing much but there is a big difference if Oscar/Hazard gets injured and we only have Schurrle and/or a player like Salah to replace them with. I'd much rather we sold Juan in the summer even if we would be getting less for him and if he still ended up at old trafford.