Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I'm not much of a Rom fan, but I think he has improved since we sold him. He still makes some poor passes after holding up the ball, but he reliably holds the ball up and can win it in the air. As others have said, he can consistently win aerial duels and his headers have very good velocity. He can score with both feet and his shot accuracy is fairly good. What he lacks: some trickery and elusiveness. However, I think he could become a little more elusive when playing with a much better side with players like Willian, Pedro, Hazard (and the next player we buy).

If Diego's recent form is an indication of what to expect of him for half of a season while the previous two seasons indicate a player that only plays well when it's not too cold, etc. etc., then Lukaku is an upgrade over Diego.

We need some better arc and accuracy from wingers and wingbacks to generate more header chances if we do buy Big Rom back.

Lukaku just never seems to me to be the future superstar striker every club wants (unlike Harry Kane or Mbappe), but nonetheless, I think if he returns here, he improves even more under Conte and with our better players around him. Hopefully though, Chelsea will investing in more players who are lethal finishers this summer along with better CM and WBs.

When in flying fuck has Lukaku scored more than 2 headed goals in a season? His aerial ability has improved compare to Pedro's. Compared to a built man his size, it's pathetic. It's like having the longest legs in class, and saying you've improved because you finished 2nd-last this time, not last. Don't mark that down as progression :lol:Mark that down as finally being at the starting line, 4 years late. If you learn to head the ball at 24 you're not good enough for Chelsea ffs:lol:

People are sugercoating 'barely passable', 'finally able to do without falling over', as 'OK' and 'good enough'. We know that's stupid.

And the people doing that sugarcoating, are in the same basket as those saying Lukaku would be a fine signing. They seem on the same side. So those saying Lukaku would be a fine signing, silently OK'ing it too, are aligned with some very stupid perspectives. Let's continue.

The people against Lukaku's signing, me, the people who consistently like my posts regarding this, are, without mincing words, the thinkers and observers of the forum. The people with slightly higher brain power (someone has to have it. nobody who has it though, enjoys it.)
From the most eloquently spoken & philisophical thinkers, to multi-million / revenue brand owners, it's not the Fifa players who like my posts about Lukaku being terrible (and more evidence of their brain power, is the fact they'll quietly support someone like me, instead of being the person who takes the heat, like moi.) 
It's the people who 'see' what others don't, who'll no doubt go on to dominate whatever field they choose, since that's just how some people are - incredibly accurate thinkers & observers - which allows you many more options to trial & error, meaning you've a far wider spread to evaluate.

And these are the people the highest officials of the lands trust. These are the people who know the human mind most, and become psychologists, sociologists. These are the people who have an edge in evaluating talent, in any field, because of the unique & far more effective measuring ability. And having such a talent, obviously lumps us into the minority - making it absolutely no surprise, that it's the slight majority on here, who would go down this far more illogical path, of seeing shit as a diamond. You'll consume anything without questioning it if you're starved, mentally as well as physically. And you are starved if you're not actively feeding your mind every day - which passively soaking up the world, is not.
If you know your thoughts are shared by 17 year old Fifa video makers, as well as 45 year old Bill on Twitter who can't spell his own name & supports both Chelsea and West Brom, you probably shouldn't spout nor take those thoughts too seriously, you definitely have more to learn. That was a measuring tool. If many 17 year olds know what you know, and you're a lot older, you don't know enough. Unless you're on a Chelsea forum. Then everyone has the same capability to evaluate, and every perspective is equally valid, apparently. But if that's the way the world spun, we'd still believe the earth was flat.

I hope whoever's reading this, has an instinctive negative thought or feeling reading this, maybe a veiled sense of humour too, either breaking down or dismissing what I've just written to try & prove some futile point for the 'lolz' or to mask lack of confidence & security. It won't be about football. They'll feel it's 'them' I'm referencing by instinct, and by that alone I don't need to point anyone out as being one of those with the baseless opinions. Only those in that basket will react.

This isn't a thinkers place, so it's no wonder me & my perspectives don't feel nourished here; Perspectives also shared by some very popular, barely active forum members you'd instantly raly behind - before realising those members agree w 9/10 of my posts :doh:Image. It's everything. And it's the only reason Lukaku's even in the Premier League.

Now stop being fucking idiots & thinking nobody knows more than others. Some do know far more about people, which footballer's are. And I'm sure you others know just as much, about plumbing, finance, driving, leadership. But you don't know how to break down a person, player, brand, skill, moment like us. Not at all:cig:Hardly anyone can. But if you can, it's your duty to offer that skill. If you can't, it's a duty to accept there are others you should listen to and learn from. Either confidently know what you're saying, or confidently be quiet. I'm struggling to see perspectives in here since they're buried under half-hearted opinions based on absolutely nothing other than a need to be heard regarding every transfer we make. It's natural. But it's not quality thinking or posting.

:clown:

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

When in flying fuck has Lukaku scored more than 2 headed goals in a season? His aerial ability has improved compare to Pedro's. Compared to a built man his size, it's pathetic. It's like having the longest legs in class, and saying you've improved because you finished 2nd-last this time, not last. Don't mark that down as progression :lol:Mark that down as finally being at the starting line, 4 years late. If you learn to head the ball at 24 you're not good enough for Chelsea ffs:lol:

IDK. maybe heading accuracy isn't so good. I don't watch Everton enough to know about how many chances he gets, but I do know that their side do NOT create enough chances consistently in every match during a season.

Just now, Leif said:

People are turning 'barely passable' to 'OK' and 'good enough' now. It's genuinely sickening seeing the standards or the minds slip to this degree. It isn't normal. No other club linked to him including Utd's fanbase are being this damn dense and predictable.

Chill out. We're not in charge, Leif. Most people here still regard Lukaku as a compromise. Anyway, when it comes down to the most desirable younger strikers in Europe, I it's still hard seeing Chelsea as a top destination when the real big clubs come knocking.  

A player like Mbappe or Belotti would be nice...

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Have a feeling some people in this thread will be eating their words if Lukaku rejoins. Or heaven forbid he ends up at United instead and becomes José's #9 for the next 5 years.

Tbh United will get a good striker one way or the other. Be it Lukaku or someone else.

As long we get proper striker and it works, I couldnt care less if Lukaku or whoever else bangs them for United. 

The same why Im not jealous of City and Aguero, because we have Costa (at least when he is on form haha).

People look at other clubs way too much. Its inevitable that United and every other top club will improve. But as long we do, which is only thing that matters, we will be alright. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lukaku deal makes no sense whatsoever. His development since joining Everton has been exactly as expected when he left. A perfectly linear trajectory. He has always been like this, at boro, WBA or on his loan spell at Everton. Scoring multiple times against small sides and disappearing completely against the big ones. There is no way he justifies that fee and I am not confident at all that he will good enough to lead the line against top teams. Physically, he can dominate almost any defender in world football but a skilfull centre back will still nullify his presence completely. He was up 1,68m Philip Lahm when we were 2-1 up in the UEFA Super Cup against Bayern. He was brought in for Torres to hold the line and keep high balls from. He could not even  win a throw in and produced nothing but turnovers. In the shootout he delivered one of the worst pens in history. He is still very much that player. 

mostly agree , think the last few bits about the Super Cup harsh he was only 19 and improved from that! 1/5 to join Chelsea now!

While I am not Lukaku's greatest fan, and do not see him as a world class striker worth 80m barring some clauses, I still think he is a logical purchase. 

Diego has in my opinion outstayed his welcome. He is brilliant on a good day, but at the same time very unreliable. He very often makes the wrong choice when leading a counter, his passing is at time atrocious and a combination of diving and sulking does not help him either. Combine that with him wanting to leave, and you are currently short a long-term solution in the attack. He hasnt exactly been brilliant in CL for Chelsea either (2 goals in 13 starts). 

This implies that we really need a new striker. Who then?
People say Belotti, but its just a flavour of the season. Who here would have said the same name last year? How many have seen 10+ games of him playing? Perhaps he is a world class striker ready to take on the world, but this was his first really good season and it was in Serie A. Lukaku for all his faults has been extremely consistent as a goal scorer for 5 seasons now. How many other 24-year olds do you guys know with almost a 100 PL goals? Players are not static, they develop over time. If Lukaku ends up under a world class coach such as Conte and his team, why would he not be able to improve in certain areas? 
Morata is a very risky option. Many report him to have poor stamina, he does not have the heaviest frame and his real capabilities are still somewhat under question. I would not mind him here at all, but he is in no way a guaranteed success. 

Lukaku is the most convenient choice. Let's assume for a second we pay 60m punds straight up, and the rest in performance related clauses. In such a scenario, he has to some degree been covered by the purchase of Oscar. An unreliable bench-warmer for one of the most consistent PL goal-scorers seems like a pretty good deal to me. 
The most important aspect of this transfer saga to me is that this transfer does not lead to compromising other deals. If we end up getting Tolisso/Baka, a RW backup, and cover for the sing backs together with Lukaku, I would call it a darn good transfer window. I would also like a CB, but I am willing to give Christensen a chance too. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Have a feeling some people in this thread will be eating their words if Lukaku rejoins. Or heaven forbid he ends up at United instead and becomes José's #9 for the next 5 years.

No matter what he does he will be their scapegoat whenever we don't win. You should know them better by now. I am pretty sure most of them did not even watch Belotti for 10 full games btw.

This is a first and final warning about insulting people in this thread and the forum as a whole.

Myself and other staff members will not tolerate anymore of this constant insulting and barrage of abuse people are handing out. If I see anymore of this, the perpetrators will be handed bans without hesitation with immediate effect.

Get back to being civil and discuss things in an adult manner without insults now please.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Given the paragraphs Leif has written, he'll still be eating those words well after Lukaku has retired as a Chelsea legend.