Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

what media? i have eyes and i see how he behaves on the pitch and how he played from january. easily our worst player.

Talk about he wants to go to China, however NO ONE made official confirmation on that. People just assumed he turned bad because he didnt leave to china, and now he is called cunt.

Our worst player? Did I say he is not? Im just saying to have some respect to the man who brought us so many points over past two title winning seasons for fuck sake.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Are you really looking at his international career? How often does the National team even get together? Does anyone perform at a high level in the international game?

He's scored 13 goals for Belgium this year.

Morata has more pace and power than Lukaku? LOL 

Morata gets into better positions to score? LOL

It just so happens a strikers best attribute is his finishing, not his razzle dazzle dribbling....

Really? so now you can discern in ones intelligence by watching someone kick a football LOL. I know what you're alluding to but it is so subjective. Lukaku puts himself in the right position to score goals more often than than Morata and its why he scores more goals than Alvaro too. 

It makes YOU wonder not me. The kid is by far one of the best strikers under the age of 25 and when you compare him to Morata in terms of actual production he dwarfs him... not even close. The guy played at West Brom and Everton, Morata was dining at the best tables in Europe and still struggled to score goals. The only reason you guys prefer Morata is because he has better touch.

of Morata's 15 goals 4 were scored against some team called Leganes...

Lukaku is homegrown and a chelsea lad clearly he makes way more sense than Morata

Drogba performed at international level. Villa did. Van Nistelrooy did. Ronaldo did. etc. I dont want to put international career as example, but just point out that players like Eden or KDB dont improve Lukaku much.

He also scored 24 and left a bunch of poor performances against top teams.

Lukaku got outmuscled by Lovren fyi. Morata is not slow at all if you saw him play and Lukaku aint THAT quick. Maybe top speed yes, but certanly not acceleration.

Im evaluating performances as whole, where is Lukaku in bigger games if he is soo better than Morata?

Actualy, being good on ball is very good thing. It can make a striker very important player if opponent parks the bus or cuts off striker. Without good control, striker is just a donkey unless he scores that odd goal. And with Lukaku, is he that harrassing type of striker that will punish you for every mistake? No, he is too lazy.

It makes many people wonder. Maybe not you, but Im not the only one lol. Funny, Morata was actualy brilliant for Juve in CL.

You cant point out who Morata scored against. Thats literaly one thing you cant do lol. Morata was brilliant against teams like Real, Barca, Bayern,...Lukaku is known to choke in big games.

If Lukaku was a chelsea lad, he wouldnt leave and moan three years of how good he is and how he is bigger than West Brom and everton.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Lets be real here, Diego is very hard to understand. If Atleti didn't have a transfer ban we'd be hearing how much he wants to go back to Spain. 

I want players who want to play for the club, Diego is a volatile personality.

Eden is talking about Real almost every week. Many players were looking to go to other clubs in past. I dont recall them being called cunts. He also said he loves chelsea and if chelsea doesnt want him, he will only return to Atletico, but if not, then he prefers to stay here because he is happy.

1 hour ago, mashimaru161 said:

I didn't see media put a gun to his head and told him to say what's in the script in a live interview, did they? What's part of "I want to go back to ATM" you cannot get?

So based on that, he is useless cunt and all other stuff people said it in past? He was fundamental at Chelsea, show some respect before calling him names.

One thing is to say, lets sell him because he is not playing well and not reliable. The other is attitude of you guys, treating him like some shit. Selling Costa was never my question as long we get proper replacement. But some of you guys are so low, calling Diego who did all great things for this club and now threat him like he was garbage. Its just pathetic. And yes media plays big part. People read those bs news about china etc, then see Diego not play well and suddenly; oh what a cunt, his mind is in china. BUT would you consider he might be tired? NO. Would you consider he is just playing worse like he did in nearly every season before even in atletico in second halves of seasons? NO. It must be china or atletico that messed up his head and doesnt give a shit anymore, right? All you hear he would like to return to Atletico one day. SO? He also said multiple times he loves chelsea and other stuff, you gonna just ignore that?

Last summer he wanted to leave too. But he stayed. And played best six months at Chelsea after. How is that even possible if he doesnt want to be here? Right.

59 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

I don't give a shit about Costa because I never liked the bloke. People here wanted to kill me because I enjoyed Ramos' hilariously getting Cuntdrado sent of in the UCL final, yet always go "DIEGO DIEGO DIEGO DIEGO" when Costa plays (and does fuck all for us for the past 6 months) and Diego is a dirty bastard himself on the field. On par with Ramos, Pepe etc. 

Face it my dear friend, we have a squad full with mercenaries. Every football team has. Even Spurs have them, but their fans will make you believe every single player of them is there because of Tottenham, not for the money or stepping stone bullshit.

Costa doesn't give a flying fuck about Chelsea or Antonio Conte and evidence towards that is his decline in form he has had since January after that row with Conte before the Leicester game. He has said so many times he misses Atletico and some weeks ago he even gave an interview about even wanting to play in the French Ligue 1. 

He has a horrible mentality and is way too unpredictable. A man-baby. Jeckyll and Hyde. Out with him.  

Read response to previous guy.

But yeah Im sure you got sad everytime he scored a goal for us right? You fans are unbelievable. Yes Costa acts cuntish sometimes, but he is still chelsea player. Show some respect to our players then. I never said we shouldnt sell him. If right offer comes, so be it.

I agree Costa is cunt and I admit it. But you think I give a flying fuck? I would defend his actions everytime. Drogba was the same. He was our player too and I couldnt care less. We were winning, they show passion, score goals and at end of day we got 3 points and opponents cry about it.

He is unreliable, but he showed passion for Chelsea over past three years and thats all it matters.

50 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Lukaku has scored 4 goals in his last 6 Belgium appearances, have some respect! I guess your Costa is nothing special either then, since he's absolutely average for Spain. Aguero, Higuain have the likes of Messi, Dybala and Di Maria behind and around them yet they're still pretty average on the world stage. The international argument can't save you.

In what way is Morata a superior intelligent player exactly? Just because he's a bit technical for a striker does not mean he's automatically this super intelligent striker. He isn't a Bergkamp or something like that, far from it. Please quantify this intelligence you speak of, so we can exactly compare what Morata is so superior at compared to Lukaku when it comes to their football intelligence, if it's so easy to see. The only thing Lukaku has over Morata is finishing? So you're literally going to ignore the fact that Lukaku is a much better physical athlete than Morata? And ignore the fact that in Chelsea' current system, a powerful CF in Costa works well? I can flip it and say that I genuinely think the only thing Morata has over Lukaku is link up play.

Lukaku isn't Didier either. The only thing that they have in common is the fact that they're big, black strikers. Apart from that, they're very different. The only people that still say he resembles Didier or tries to are Chelsea fans. He said this in 2012:

People were questioning Harry Kane as well for years. People have literally just this season accepted that he's a top forward. You have no proof that Lukaku isn't good enough for CL. You have no proof that Lukaku won't win us big games either. This would be the first "elite" club he's ever been at in his career (properly). If it's Costa all over again, that's cool for me. We did after all win 2/3 PL titles with Costa as our main CF. Lukaku in my opinion can be just as effective as Costa in this system. In this system, Lukaku is a much better fit than Morata because he has a similar profile to Diego.

Im just pointing out, just because Chelsea has better players, doesnt mean Lukaku will be better. Its certainly not the case in Belgium. Again, you throw goals. His performances for Belgium are average, doesnt matter if he scores those goals. In every bigger game for Belgium, he was absolutely average.

Yes, Morata is more intelligent. Cant say much, other than recommend you to watch the games and look at body language, decisions, movement etc. And not just against pub teams.

What good will be all that strenght if you cant use it? Lukaku was bullied by fecking Lovren haha. And he isnt that faster than Morata. But you made your point, Lukaku game relies entirely on his body propositions. Being nearly perfect athlete. However better defenders read their style relatively easy. Prime advantages of Lukaku are strenght, pace, height and movement. And yet, he gets bullied, and despite his presence, he goes into hiding against every better defense. He could be saved by skills, but he isnt as good in that department which is my biggest worry.

I never said he is like Didier lol. I said Chelsea fans hope he will be like him here at chelsea. Sadly he decided to leave without putting a fight against Torres and Etoo.

I always thought Kane has potential to be top striker btw, but I didnt bite the hype just after one season, I never do.

Lukaku is nothing like Costa, this is my whole point. He doesnt show same motivation and desire. Balotelli has same ''profile'' too, yet he doesnt have the brain.

In the end, you are completely right about one thing, I dont have proof. All I have is watching games as much I can. And from what I seen, Lukaku didnt convince me. Just like Cesc didnt convince me three years ago, and I was saying that, but everyone blasted me like now. Only to see after two seasons, that Cesc cant handle the pressure. I have same felling about Lukaku, but different areas. He will bang goals against west hams and leicesters, but there will be trouble against top teams. He can play them, maybe even score, but to put top performances on regular basis (what we need from new striker), I dont think so. But maybe Im wrong and he will be great, in matter of fact if we do get him, I bloody hope Im wrong. I just prefer Morata, for who I vouche he will be better striker than Lukaku over next 5 years, if both play regular football. Im certain to a point, anyone can save this post and quote me in few years if Im wrong.

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I just prefer Morata, for who I vouche he will be better striker than Lukaku over next 5 years, if both play regular football. Im certain to a point, anyone can save this post and quote me in few years if Im wrong.

We shall see indeed. IMO you don't have the right image of Lukaku in your head, just like I did a few months back, but he's become much more refined as a player. I'm sure he's going to have a better career than Morata who just happens to be part of some of the greatest teams in modern football.

Morata is nothing but the new Soldado/Negredo to me. A good, solid Spanish striker.

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Now you're making up stuff just to back up Costa. Not ONCE has Eden said that he wants to go to Real, whereas Costa has SEVERAL times said he wants to go back to ATM, nonetheless his little fit in January. You can't compare the two.

But he is keeping the options open, no?  Its the point of commitment. If he was commited to Chelsea, he would shoot straight he wants to stay like Azpi and be done. No maybes, ifs,...

Its same with Diego, but the later actualy said straight he would like to return. And even after he didnt leave, he put great shift till february.

Im just pointing that out as someone said Diego is not commited. Then in that case neither is Eden. But everybody treats him with respect.

Actualy, last season, most were crapping on him too, right. After he had dip in form. So, If Diego puts good shift again, most people will love him again. Fickle.

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

There is a difference in keeping your options open and whoring yourself to some other club. The problem with Diego is that he has probably had less than 5 good performances since that China rumour, and he has been wanting to go back to Atletico for years. Diego won't be loved anywhere near as much as he was loved before unless he has a proper world class season. I was one of Costa's defenders on here actually, but I'm not going to overlook the fact that he's not settled at CFC.

You can't compare what Hazard says to that. Hazard is settled. Costa isn't. Besides, Eden literally said a few days ago that he can see himself staying at Chelsea for years.

Yes indeed.

Thing is as soon someone isnt playing well and mixed with some rumours makes people here call those players cunts too soon.

The SAME thing was happening with Eden thread last year.

But you cant say Diego isnt commited. He was about to leave, but in the end he stayed and gave 100%. Its not like he didnt give a shit. 

Poor form doesnt equal not giving shit. And people here made too quick conclusions on that china rumours that might aswell be bullshit. 

Another thing, it was well known past august Diego wanted to leave. But i dont see these comments that he is cunt and should fuck off when he was banging goals in autmn, were there? 

It only happend AFTER those china rumours that might be bollocks and fact he played worse. This is what I hate. People who acted like dicks afterwards and slated Costa. 

Diego said recently China was not option because he wants to play in world cup. He said he is happy at chelsea, but if chelsea no longer wants him, only option for him is Atletico. It gives different perspective to things.

I dont mind seeing Costa leave as long we get proper replacement, but I will always like what he achieved here and for club. But the attitude of some people here pisses me off. 

But its pointless, Im done posting on that matter anymore. 

40 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Drogba performed at international level. Villa did. Van Nistelrooy did. Ronaldo did. etc. I dont want to put international career as example, but just point out that players like Eden or KDB dont improve Lukaku much.

He also scored 24 and left a bunch of poor performances against top teams.

Lukaku got outmuscled by Lovren fyi. Morata is not slow at all if you saw him play and Lukaku aint THAT quick. Maybe top speed yes, but certanly not acceleration.

Im evaluating performances as whole, where is Lukaku in bigger games if he is soo better than Morata?

Actualy, being good on ball is very good thing. It can make a striker very important player if opponent parks the bus or cuts off striker. Without good control, striker is just a donkey unless he scores that odd goal. And with Lukaku, is he that harrassing type of striker that will punish you for every mistake? No, he is too lazy.

It makes many people wonder. Maybe not you, but Im not the only one lol. Funny, Morata was actualy brilliant for Juve in CL.

You cant point out who Morata scored against. Thats literaly one thing you cant do lol. Morata was brilliant against teams like Real, Barca, Bayern,...Lukaku is known to choke in big games.

If Lukaku was a chelsea lad, he wouldnt leave and moan three years of how good he is and how he is bigger than West Brom and everton.

Eden is talking about Real almost every week. Many players were looking to go to other clubs in past. I dont recall them being called cunts. He also said he loves chelsea and if chelsea doesnt want him, he will only return to Atletico, but if not, then he prefers to stay here because he is happy.

Yes Drogba performed internationally LATER ON IN HIS CAREER. Van Nistelrooy when he was 25! Villa when he was 28! Your sample size is hardly big enough to make a statement like Hazard and DeBruyne don't/won't improve Lukaku... Makes you sound silly when you say that.

He scored 25 in the hardest competition in the world and did it with absolutely no support, why does that not resonate with you? When they play against top sides link up play is paramount! Who does Everton have to initiate counters or to link the play from defense to offense? Ross Barkley? Idriss Gueye? Tom Davies? Gareth Barry? Don't make me laugh. Football is a fcuking team game! Strikers who don't get service are ineffectual almost all the time! I figured a guy who watches as much football as you claim to would know that.

Wait a minute, are you making the argument that Lukaku isn't a powerful CF? LOL... And nowhere did I say Morata is slow but come on now Lukaku is faster than him, I thought that was widely accepted as a fact? Morata may have better acceleration.

You're stating the obvious, of course I'd rather a guy who can control the ball and link up play while scoring boatloads of goals but Suarez and Lewandowski aren't available. If I had my choice between a donkey who scores 25 goals or a guy with good touch and link up ability, I'd take the goals 90 times out of 100.

Yes I remember Morata scoring against Madrid in the champions league too, and while that is a huge accomplishment... guess what? THAT WAS THREE SEASONS AGO! Two years ago he scored on matchday 1 and 2 and never scored again... Imagine if that were Lukaku?

And yes I can point out his goal scoring record since what we are looking at is a goalscorer. You keep on citing games from 3 years ago... in 2015 Charlie Austin scored more premier league goals than Alexis Sanchez, who would you rather have?

I think leaving to go on loan made him the player he is now, a guy capable of scoring 25 goals largely on his own and one of 4 players to reach 85 goals before turning 24.

7 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Yes Drogba performed internationally LATER ON IN HIS CAREER. Van Nistelrooy when he was 25! Villa when he was 28! Your sample size is hardly big enough to make a statement like Hazard and DeBruyne don't/won't improve Lukaku... Makes you sound silly when you say that.

He scored 25 in the hardest competition in the world and did it with absolutely no support, why does that not resonate with you? When they play against top sides link up play is paramount! Who does Everton have to initiate counters or to link the play from defense to offense? Ross Barkley? Idriss Gueye? Tom Davies? Gareth Barry? Don't make me laugh. Football is a fcuking team game! Strikers who don't get service are ineffectual almost all the time! I figured a guy who watches as much football as you claim to would know that.

Wait a minute, are you making the argument that Lukaku isn't a powerful CF? LOL... And nowhere did I say Morata is slow but come on now Lukaku is faster than him, I thought that was widely accepted as a fact? Morata may have better acceleration.

You're stating the obvious, of course I'd rather a guy who can control the ball and link up play while scoring boatloads of goals but Suarez and Lewandowski aren't available. If I had my choice between a donkey who scores 25 goals or a guy with good touch and link up ability, I'd take the goals 90 times out of 100.

Yes I remember Morata scoring against Madrid in the champions league too, and while that is a huge accomplishment... guess what? THAT WAS THREE SEASONS AGO! Two years ago he scored on matchday 1 and 2 and never scored again... Imagine if that were Lukaku?

And yes I can point out his goal scoring record since what we are looking at is a goalscorer. You keep on citing games from 3 years ago... in 2015 Charlie Austin scored more premier league goals than Alexis Sanchez, who would you rather have?

I think leaving to go on loan made him the player he is now, a guy capable of scoring 25 goals largely on his own and one of 4 players to reach 85 goals before turning 24.

A powerful striker would bully the defences, not vice versa. I saw Lukaku blocked against every better defence, hence I put Lovren example. For someone of his size, he sure isnt taking most advantage of it.  

You only look at goals. Lukaku 24 goals this season, 20 last season etc etc. He could be top striker, he can bang 4 against west brom or Bournemouth. 

Cool. I look his overall play in strikers. I rather stick to Diego or get someone who is much better technical player. Someone who can make others tick better and improve the whole squad. Someone who can be the leading guy in toughest games. Not just someone who needs the service. 

Obviously service is important and no doubt Lukaku would improve here, but he wouldnt turn into world beater individualy. He would still have same limitations as he has now. And since he couldnt do much on his own, he would need all the service from teammates. And if he doesnt score, then he is basicaly useless like Costa in some games. 

While if you have technical striker, you can count on his individual skill and Morata for a striker (at least of those available) is brilliant brilliant choice. 

If you saw Juve bayern last year, you can see how juve got shit after Morata was subbed for Mandzukic. He had huge impact. 

Morata is also twice as hard worker than Lukaku.

And like you said, every striker can improve goal record later in career. Drogba started banging at 24 in france I think (then he left for Marseille one season and Chelsea at 26). 

Im pretty sure Conte prefers Morata all day long. But the board will end up with Lukaku. I hope you are right he will improve as much you say because in current state, he doesnt offer enough to lead us in CL. But maybe his goals will be enough to retain PL, I give you that. Bar against top 6, we would have a striker very capable of scoring in every game.

Drogba was part of an average Ivorian side whilst Lukaku is part of arguably the most talented NT right now. He's a striker that needs 5 chances before tucking one away.

We need a 3 or 2 in 1 type of CF for us to be a major threat.

26 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Im pretty sure Conte prefers Morata all day long.

If Morata is so good, and if Conte really prefers him (I would love to know how you know), why is he going to AC Milan? Why aren't the likes of PSG, Chelsea, United, City all pushing for him?

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

A powerful striker would bully the defences, not vice versa. I saw Lukaku blocked against every better defence, hence I put Lovren example. For someone of his size, he sure isnt taking most advantage of it.  

You only look at goals. Lukaku 24 goals this season, 20 last season etc etc. He could be top striker, he can bang 4 against west brom or Bournemouth. 

Cool. I look his overall play in strikers. I rather stick to Diego or get someone who is much better technical player. Someone who can make others tick better and improve the whole squad. Someone who can be the leading guy in toughest games. Not just someone who needs the service. 

Obviously service is important and no doubt Lukaku would improve here, but he wouldnt turn into world beater individualy. He would still have same limitations as he has now. And since he couldnt do much on his own, he would need all the service from teammates. And if he doesnt score, then he is basicaly useless like Costa in some games. 

While if you have technical striker, you can count on his individual skill and Morata for a striker (at least of those available) is brilliant brilliant choice. 

If you saw Juve bayern last year, you can see how juve got shit after Morata was subbed for Mandzukic. He had huge impact. 

Morata is also twice as hard worker than Lukaku.

And like you said, every striker can improve goal record later in career. Drogba started banging at 24 in france I think (then he left for Marseille one season and Chelsea at 26). 

Im pretty sure Conte prefers Morata all day long. But the board will end up with Lukaku. I hope you are right he will improve as much you say because in current state, he doesnt offer enough to lead us in CL. But maybe his goals will be enough to retain PL, I give you that. Bar against top 6, we would have a striker very capable of scoring in every game.

SO let me get this straight, is Lukaku a powerful striker in your mind or not?

Yes I want my striker to be a goalscorer first. That is the MOST important part of a strikers make up... GOALSCORING.

And you think that guy is Morata??? Based on what exactly?

You have no way of knowing what Lukaku can be in our system, if he can score 25 for Everton there's no reason to believe he can't replicate that at Chelsea for years to come. Even with his limitations he's scoring boatloads of goals because he has that strikers mentality; he's always where he needs to be to score. Special gift.

We're still talking about Morata, right? Not Messi. Morata makes the ball stick, but he doesn't really dribble past anyone or use slick movement to beat men. For is ENTIRE career he's averaged less than 0.8 dribble a game(On par with Defoe and Benteke). For as terrible as Lukaku is technically, he averages 1.2 dribbles a game for his career and just last season was at 1.7. Morata is probably better at keeping the ball but where is the hard evidence that he is better using it? Lukaku had 1.3 key passes a game this season...Dele Alli and Kane both had 1.4 Costa 1.2.... Morata 0.7 PLAYING FOR REAL MADRID!

I think how you work is based on the assignment you're given in a specific system.

Yes, strikers can improve especially in teams like Juventus and Madrid. Don't you find it odd that we are aspiring to emulate those teams and they don't want Morata? 

I don't know who Conte or the board prefer and to be quite frank I'm willing to go with whoever they deem is a better fit for us, I just get worked up when you shit on a guy who's scored 85 goals already just because he can't link play yet. If there is anything I've seen is Lukaku is an extremely hard worker who comes back every season better than the one before, can you say the same about Morata given what you've seen? 

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Drogba was part of an average Ivorian side whilst Lukaku is part of arguably the most talented NT right now. He's a striker that needs 5 chances before tucking one away.

We need a 3 or 2 in 1 type of CF for us to be a major threat.

Who is that?

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

He's a striker that needs 5 chances before tucking one away.

No he isn't. He's one of the most clinical strikers in the league. Are you sure you're not talking about Diego? Lukaku shoots 64% of his shots on target per 90 mins, whilst Costa is at 53% (Premier League). Lukaku (3.03 attemps per game) has also scored more goals with less shots than Diego (3.24 attempts per game) so...

Who is that?

I'd say Belotti COULD be that in terms of what's attainable. The majority of us here have seen Lukaku on a weekly basis to know he isn't really an upgrade on what we have. Need to put the age factor away, as he isn't an 18 yr old we'll be signing.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

SO let me get this straight, is Lukaku a powerful striker in your mind or not?

Yes I want my striker to be a goalscorer first. That is the MOST important part of a strikers make up... GOALSCORING.

And you think that guy is Morata??? Based on what exactly?

You have no way of knowing what Lukaku can be in our system, if he can score 25 for Everton there's no reason to believe he can't replicate that at Chelsea for years to come. Even with his limitations he's scoring boatloads of goals because he has that strikers mentality; he's always where he needs to be to score. Special gift.

We're still talking about Morata, right? Not Messi. Morata makes the ball stick, but he doesn't really dribble past anyone or use slick movement to beat men. For is ENTIRE career he's averaged less than 0.8 dribble a game(On par with Defoe and Benteke). For as terrible as Lukaku is technically, he averages 1.2 dribbles a game for his career and just last season was at 1.7. Morata is probably better at keeping the ball but where is the hard evidence that he is better using it? Lukaku had 1.3 key passes a game this season...Dele Alli and Kane both had 1.4 Costa 1.2.... Morata 0.7 PLAYING FOR REAL MADRID!

I think how you work is based on the assignment you're given in a specific system.

Yes, strikers can improve especially in teams like Juventus and Madrid. Don't you find it odd that we are aspiring to emulate those teams and they don't want Morata? 

I don't know who Conte or the board prefer and to be quite frank I'm willing to go with whoever they deem is a better fit for us, I just get worked up when you shit on a guy who's scored 85 goals already just because he can't link play yet. If there is anything I've seen is Lukaku is an extremely hard worker who comes back every season better than the one before, can you say the same about Morata given what you've seen? 

Top post for the 'Morata > Lukaku' gang. The evidence is there. Y'all trying to make Morata sound like prime R9.

No he isn't. He's one of the most clinical strikers in the league. Are you sure you're not talking about Diego? Lukaku shoots 64% of his shots on target per 90 mins, whilst Costa is at 53% (Premier League). Lukaku (3.03 attemps per game) has also scored more goals with less shots than Diego (3.24 attempts per game) so...

Conversation rate isn't what I'm getting at when he best performances have come against the bottom six. Seen him plenty of times waste chances.

Tell me his stats against the big teams to begin with?

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Conversation rate isn't what I'm getting at when he best performances have come against the bottom six. Seen him plenty of times waste chances.

Tell me his stats against the big teams to begin with?

There isn't enough evidence for that. Ian Wright explains excellently here why Lukaku doesn't score much against big teams (starts at 14:30):

Now, what I would like to see from you is all these big chances that Romelu misses against big teams, when he rarely gets the opportunities to score in these games. I've seen a recurring theme from Everton in big games - they sit back far too much and literally take no initiative in the game. Their record against the top 6 is poor this season, and you can quite easily see why Romelu struggles there.