Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the biggest problems I had with AVB was his stubborn insistance on his philosophy of football. The impression I got from some of his interviews was that playing beautiful, entertaining football was first and foremost on his agenda, but it should be winning. Ultimately his insistance on his principals lead to his downfall.

that pic of him standing alone sums up his stay here. he had to be a 1 man team it seemed. n one to back him. not ALL his players, not the board -publicly anyways- and not the media. the fans at the bridge didn't seem to voice their support either, atleast they didn't boo him.

The only way is up fellas.

The next couple of seasons is crucial in re-building our team, I feel we will someone have a domination in the mid teens as we did in the mid/late 2000s.

KTBFFH, all the best to AVB.

Sorry not flaming,Lamp,Terry,Cole were/are great servants for our club,but its not how true legends act.They put them self above the club,like someone said already we should give him manager/assistant role,R.A. is a moron,no brain at all(regarding this kind of things).

my biggest crticism of avb was his transfer policy, atleast when he talked about it publicly. His conferences made him seem atlittle arrogant too. If its not Jose or Pep, who else is there? the Valencia coach, Emory? but he'd kinda be like avb; a coach that isn't as big as the players, cause seems to me our heir-achy goes like:

Roman

Players

Chelsea

Coach

I really hope now we completly flunk the rest of the season and end up 10th.

Shut Up you muppet. Why would you want your own team you claim to love to finish so badly.

Get a life.

He was miles out of his depth, Robbie will get the respect of the players a lot more. Boas was angling for the sack for fucking weeks now. His comments in the Portuguese press were aimed at his own dismissal. He certainly wasn't going to do the honourable thing and resign as he would have lost all that lovely wonga, like he fucking needs it.

:D

I'm glad he's off.

Dennis Wise anyone?

I think many are failing to See that Roman is the sole reason why we are in this fucked up situation

well you can blame him for the revolving door but we're 5th in our worst year since he's been here, with a chance to finish 4.

Shut Up you muppet. Why would you want your own team you claim to love to finish so badly.

Get a life.

He was miles out of his depth, Robbie will get the respect of the players a lot more. Boas was angling for the sack for fucking weeks now. His comments in the Portuguese press were aimed at his own dismissal. He certainly wasn't going to do the honourable thing and resign as he would have lost all that lovely wonga, like he fucking needs it.

:D

I'm glad he's off.

Dennis Wise anyone?

Agree with the first part, although i don't like the decision, it's stupid to 'hope' we do badly. I hope we go on to finish 4th and win the Fa cup :lol:

2nd part: "Robbie will get respect of the players" it really depends. If he decides to bench Lampard and Drogba he will get the same treatment as AVB, simple.

I think many are failing to See that Roman is the sole reason why we are in this fucked up situation

How?.....The only thing i blame Roman for is not sacking those fuckheads called the board.....Some people keep forgetting Roman had a busy life before Chelsea which made him the billions, he bought chelsea with...The board on the order hand are responsible for the day to day running of the club...

well you can blame him for the revolving door but we're 5th in our worst year since he's been here, with a chance to finish 4.

Whatever Abramovich has done, has always been in the best interests of Chelsea FC as far as he is concerned. He has got many things wrong, Avram Grant, Ray Wilkins, AVB, etc. But to be critical of him is harsh.

I suppose if you own something then you can do what the fuck you want with it, Thats the way it is. The Avram Grant appointment gave me the right hump. I think Roman must have indulged in hoovering some Bolivian Marching gear up his bugle before coming up with that coking idea.

Hardly any surprise after seeing those vultures looming around in the background during the past few games. This was clearly the reason why the players were lacking any sort of spirit recently. They knew it was going to happen. The only way this season could get worse is if that fat waiter comes over here.

I think the Manager is 100% responsible for the players, their tactics and motivation and the style of play a team produces. Look at what Martin O’Neil achieved with the same players as Steve Bruce within a week of becoming Manager at Sunderland! Look at what the Manager/Coach of Appoah Nicosia has achieved with the greatly unknown players of the Cypriot club. They have gone further in the CL this season than United or City for godsakes.

The reason I think this is because think back to when Greece won the Euros...No major stars or high profile European players, just an extermely well drilled group who were all very highly motivated, fit and determined to succeed for the cause. These players had been bought together, trained, coached and selected by one man. Not an ‘owner’, not ‘the media’, not ‘the fans’, not ‘the board’ or a’director of football’. All of the aforementioned can be blamed when things go wrong but when it comes down to pure success or failure the buck stops with the Manager.

AVB said last summer that he wasn’t going to into the transfer market before the Asian summer tour as he wanted to ‘get to know his squad better’. That was the first and biggest mistake of his Chelsea career. He already knew the majority of the players and had every piece of video and medical information on every individual player from the previous seasons since Jose and his team including AVB left.

With that said he still didn't decide to buy a CF like Aguero, or realise the teams weaknesses. He stated he would play youth but he's done nothing of the sort. While people blame the players, they are not robots or machines. If they are demotivated because of the mangers poor system, or style of play, or treated of other team mates like Alex and anelka (referring to parking elsewhere and training separately), I don't even think our players look fit or look as I'd they can press another team.

I think dismantling the old guard was too big a job for AVB. You can't go about it the way he has and it clearly backfired as he lost the dressing room. Without him we can do no worse than we were doing.

I also think Abromavich cares about this club, whilst I think he wanted AVB to stay he knew the players wern't interested in the style of play or the way he has gone about his job. This has been reflected in results and I think RA sees that and acted to suit.

Whatever Abramovich has done, has always been in the best interests of Chelsea FC as far as he is concerned. He has got many things wrong, Avram Grant, Ray Wilkins, AVB, etc. But to be critical of him is harsh.

I suppose if you own something then you can do what the fuck you want with it, Thats the way it is. The Avram Grant appointment gave me the right hump. I think Roman must have indulged in hoovering some Bolivian Marching gear up his bugle before coming up with that coking idea.

Becuae it might put rationality back into the squad. It may be the only way that we stop this circus from going on and on. And the biggest clowns of this circus are the players. The way we are going these players will never leave and with a cabal of the old guard who have big egos that makes them think they run the club and can do what they want. We will continue this route of short instant gratification that will be a disaster (if its not already a disaster). The likes of Lampard and Cole are destroying the club with in. And if we don't get rid of them and continue to let it have there way we may never be able to recover to be a top club anymore.