Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a guy signs for CFC eleven years ago, wins six major titles for Chelsea, is a club's third all-time goalscorer, is a man who rejected Juventus and Barcelona over years... and yet some of you are willing to call him names in favour of Portugese prick who did exactly what? Ungrateful f****, that's what you are.

When we hire

AVB has his own system which has been adjusted tremendously to fit our squad, he has dropped high line + high pressure, but is still does not work. It is simply a case of system that does not fit the squad, so it's like you said. It's players fault, manager fault and the board fault.

dropping the high line + high pressure+ possession football was a mistake, he should've stuck with his philosophy. If he had done that i could've defended him and say this is a transition year. But under pressure he reverted back to the old Chelsea style. Results didn't get any better and he made absolute no progress on the pitch, no young players on the pitch either.

If this was a transition year then i would defend AVB, but this season was a complete waste. Either you are competing for trophies or making progression for next season and beyond. You can't do neither, like AVB did this season.

I ask everyone the question, if you were to defend AVB and convince the board into giving him another season, what would be your argument?

I cant blame him for fielding young players.When the pressures on to get results you tend to go with the team who should be capeable of getting results...which in a normal world would've been the experinced.And seeing how some of them acted to being benched..doubt been impressed of being benched for someone younger and all....its all about really having the confidence to do that and clearly he didnt

:) I'm over the moon, I really think we got away with a potential land mine here. AVB was too young and inexperienced, his tactical decisions caused us to concede many goals like when Balotelli ran in behind and dropped Cech on route to goal. Now think about this, I want everyone to seriously consider what I'm about to say on a tactical stand point, who the hell starts a game against Man City a team who posses DAVID SILVA with a high line ????? We were caught numerous times this season with a high line even the Norwich striker pissed all over our high line on the opening day. That's the type of mistake young managers make and that's why managers should not be able to manage big clubs until they are at least 40 years of age in my opinion.

That's the type of mistake young managers make and that's why managers should not be able to manage big clubs until they are at least 40 years of age in my opinion.

But in his fairness, he did drop that high-line. I admit his inexperience did show, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good coach, he was learning more and more as he went on, he demonstrated he was willing to adapt. It gets said a lot, but it's true, how can he change our style of play, our formations etc. If he only has the limited resources that the club gave him? They failed to get players last June with silly negotiating and they failed in January to lure the wingers we were in contact with.

dropping the high line + high pressure+ possession football was a mistake, he should've stuck with his philosophy. If he had done that i could've defended him and say this is a transition year. But under pressure he reverted back to the old Chelsea style. Results didn't get any better and he made absolute no progress on the pitch, no young players on the pitch either.

If this was a transition year then i would defend AVB, but this season was a complete waste. Either you are competing for trophies or making progression for next season and beyond. You can't do neither, like AVB did this season.

I ask everyone the question, if you were to defend AVB and convince the board into giving him another season, what would be your argument?

He did not go back to chelsea old style, it is still his style but with major tweak to fit our squad.

Everybody bashed him when he used high line, even in this forum. We were really awful defensively when we used high line because our defender especially Terry,Cole are not fast enough anymore and our midfield pressed the ball slowly, you need to be able to press fast and maintain possession to be able to play high line.

I am tired of youth argument, you cannot just start playing youth. He need to prove himself in training before you can play in the first team. He has made a gamble by playing danny. It payed of a little bit but for me danny is not ready to start every match. His decision making and dribbling is not good enough for a winger.

His biggest mistake was to trust the like of malouda,lampard,terry, kalou,etc (international level players) in the beginning of the season that they are good enough to play in his system. The only reason I want him to stay is that I really like the way we play with high line + high pressure. We outplayed MU in OT but we lost. That game showed me the potential of his system, and that our team is not good enough to play in his system

AVB had his constraints in terms of transfers and maybe a bit of beligerence from players his age, and I , like most thought we'd finally found some stability. It is now apparent that is nigh on impossible if we keep the same board

...but he was fucking shit with what he had as well. It was him who made the same so fucking predictable substitutions, you didnt have to be Cystic Smeg to know what he was going to do each game. it was him at West Brom yesterday who brought on hairband man, that brought a collective groan from all around me, and told him to go and stand by the corner flag.

It was AVB who deliberately dug a hole for the last four or five press conferences. knowing full well that if he gets the push he picks up a cool £6m or whatever.

Well, I fell of chair, when I saw this news right now.

I can't believe how stupid our board is, at least have him for the rest of the season. Now I'm afraid we won't finish even 5th.

I think only man, who can lead Chelsea is Mourinho and I hope we'll get him in summer.

As for Boas, I wish him all good luck, wherever he will be. I'm really sad right now.