Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

What is the proof he is good enough? Because he won with a club in the mickey mouse Portuguese league?

because he won the Europa League? just like Jose. because he dominated his league by not loosing a game. Look at porto's struggles now.

there's rarely gonna be anyone that's 100% proven

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the proof he is good enough? Because he won with a club in the mickey mouse Portuguese league?

The same mickey mouse league that Jose won before he was appointed our manager....And he did so breaking the same Jose's record...You need a reality check with the double standard...

Truly Bull Shit, I don't even know what to fuckin say.

The players are getting paid millions, performing like shit, and yet their ego is so great, that instead of taking the blame, they criticize AVB and his methods. Players who are getting paid 120k per fuckin week and they dish out a piss poor performance like that all season long? While there are young and hungry players who are looking for role models and they act like that?? They complain when they don't play and when they do, they complain about the manager!!!! FFS!!!!!!

AVB always had his tactics wrong, not being able to play to the teams strengths, when in all honesty, they're weren't any. You can't make a great dish when the ingredients suck. All he needed was time, we were always going to be shit this season, by i never expected it to be this bad.

Both The players and AVB our at fault, but looking at the future of the club, logically, and the fact no player is bigger than the Club, Villas-Boas should have stayed and it's a damn shame in football as he could of taken us to new heights given the time.

As for Lampard, Cole, Bosingwa, Miereles, Malouda, Kalou, Torres and Drogba...

get-the-fuck-out.jpg

AVB was Proud and a bit Arrogant, like mourinho, but he came to a club like chelsea too early in his career.

While it was Our boards' fault that we offered to buy out his contract and get him here, considering the humungous task at hand ,i.e. rebuilding our club by getting new players and phasing out the old guard, AVB wasnt at fault for taking the job.

It was too big a job to give to an inexperienced manager( 1and a half years of top level management i consider as inexp).

The facts before hiring him were ridiculous... not what avb had done...but what he had to do.

You hire a 33 year old, who is the same age as alot of our golden oldies, to replace them. He didnt command respect when he entered, as they possibly still saw him as the young scout.

While he should have been given more time, and im sure he will do well elsewhere in the coming years, he wasnt the right man for the job, and while we all hoped he grew into it and took us places, he rubbed too many people the wrong way and most importantly, was not able to get players playing for him.

He did not show signs of a great manager till now, and always spoke of the future. While most, simply because we could not afford to fire another manager, started dreaming of a sparking future, his present was so horrible that the future he kept speaking about kept getting on slippery ground with every disgusting performance and loss.

The reason i am not so angry like most of you is that while this season i lost all hope in players AND the manager, in terms of players actually TRYING and the manager being able to motivate them

My hopes for this season with players turning up with avb managing VS the same shite happening every week were 10-90

Meanwhile AVB talked about the project and next season.

That project being successful with his track record of man management, motivation and tactical abilities was 50-50.

For me, he might have had too many problems to deal with, but i never thought or believed for one second that he was the man to take chelsea to the next level, but since he was our manager, I Hoped.

Now he is gone.

Our old guard still needs to go.

Shit happens, alot with our club.

I for one, would love for Mourinho back. Not Rafa. And please, let this manager have experience and the respect the moment he walks in.

AND...... Get Wilkins back.

too bad fans that fill the bridge don't seem to agree with many here. just wish the players would know they don't run the club. hope it doesn't take months in the summer to find a coach, and another month to finally sign anyone. really sucks the situation we're in, coupled with united owning spurs with a almost the same squad we have

Chelsea should not have sacked Andre Villas-Boas, says BBC pundit Robbie Savage, who believes the players and board are to blame for their malaise.

Chelsea's decision came on the back of a run of just three Premier League wins in their last 12 games.

The 34-year-old only took over as manager in June 2011 after Carlo Ancelotti was sacked in May.

"I just feel sorry for Villas-Boas. The players and board should be culpable," BBC pundit Savage told Radio 5 live.

"Villas-Boas should still be in charge. [Ex-Liverpool manager] Rafa Benitez looks an interesting prospect and he might get the best out of Fernando Torres.

I don't think Villas-Boas has helped himself in recent times with some of the things he has been saying, but in his defence, if his brief was to build for the future and move on the old guard, that can't be done in eight months.

Abramovich hasn't yet worked out how to build a successful football club, if you have unlimited wealth, you expect immediate dividends.

"I'd go for someone like David Moyes, he has over-achieved at Everton and brought a bit of stability to the club."

Villas-Boas' tenure was marked by a reported falling out with senior stars such as Frank Lampard. Former England manager Graham Taylor believed the dressing room had undermined the Portuguese's attempts to lead the club.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, Taylor said: "As a football manager, you have to be held responsible for results, as a player, you have to be held responsible for performances.

"Looking at Chelsea, you have to say the players have won off the pitch. I don't think the players have had the commitment you would expect from any professional sportsmen, and that's difficult for the manager.

"At the end of the day the objective is to win matches, but Villas-Boas has not been helped by his players."

While Villas-Boas had been on Chelsea's coaching staff during Jose Mourinho's tenure, he came on the club's radar as a successor to Ancelotti after he won the Portuguese League and Cup double, plus the Europa League, last season with Porto.

Former Chelsea player and assistant first team coach Ray Wilkins believed despite this success, the Premier League's increased competitiveness had come as a shock to Villas-Boas.

"It's been extremely difficult for him, he's been hanging in there," he told Sky Sports News.

"Our football is extremely different to Portugal. No disrespect to Porto, but it can be a breeze winning titles with them. It's not as hard.

"The Premier League is an extremely hard place to be."

Villas-Boas' exit means Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is now searching for his eighth manager in nine years at the helm.

One of these former bosses, Avram Grant , led Chelsea to the Champions League final in 2008 when he replaced Jose Mourinho on a temporary basis.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, the current Partizan Belgrade manager believed Villas-Boas had fallen victim to the Russian billionaire's desire.

He said: "His main ambition was to be the champion of Europe. It's not good enough for a team like Chelsea that they [were] only one time in the Champions League [final].

"He gave you all of the tools you needed to succeed and said do your job. He loves football very, very much and has spent a lot of money to achieve the best.

"[Chelsea has] Unbelievable facilities; the best in the world or one of."

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew said that he felt sorry for Villas-Boas, who had not had his task made easier by the attitude of some of his senior players.

"I have a lot of sympathy for him because that is a really, really talented coach we have lost in this country," said the Magpies boss.

"I know he is from Portugal, but he has had to take on a club there with a lot of senior pros and in the background, probably had a very, very difficult job.

"When you are in a transition year like that - and I have been in it because I was at West Ham when I inherited a lot of senior pros who had just been relegated, and it was very, very difficult.

"They made it difficult for me, and one or two of them have apologised since, and so they should."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17250666

because he won the Europa League? just like Jose. because he dominated his league by not loosing a game. Look at porto's struggles now.

there's rarely gonna be anyone that's 100% proven

Jose won the Champions League. Europa league is a joke.

When we hire

AVB always had his tactics wrong, not being able to play to the teams strengths, when in all honesty, they're weren't any. You can't make a great dish when the ingredients suck. All he needed was time, we were always going to be shit this season, by i never expected it to be this bad.

AVB has his own system which has been adjusted tremendously to fit our squad, he has dropped high line + high pressure, but is still does not work. It is simply a case of system that does not fit the squad, so it's like you said. It's players fault, manager fault and the board fault.

I'm distraught, I really am. I remember being quite thrilled back in July when AVB was signed, it finally seemed like a new era was dawning, a fresh-faced, hungry, energetic, charismatic manager had been appointed who could stem the rot that had set in this club. Someone who would finally build a dynasty and lead us for years to come. Buck talking about him possibly being here for 15 years, what a cheap joke it seems now. Empty words, meaningless proclamations. I have so much angst in me right now, so much frustration - it's the realization that we've incredibly passed up on the chance to herald change we so desperately needed. Some players have betrayed my trust, our trust ... and it's a sad, sad thing. Suffice to say Frank's status as an idol and an all-time favourite has been sullied beyond repair, for me atleast. I want to rant so much but it's all pointless really. We simply never learn, we simply will never change.

Andre, I wish you all the success you deserve, indeed you're lucky to not have to cope with the absolute joke we're becoming. I have a feeling this'll come back to haunt Roman in the future, and who's to say he doesn't deserve it.

I hope Andre is appointed at Inter Milan next season, then we make the top 4 and compete against them in the Champions league and if the old guard are still in the squad putting themselves ahead of the club, we get beat showing the CFC board what an awful mistake it was sacking AVB. Infact never mind AVB, even if Ancelotti did it...