Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Manager is 100% responsible for the players, their tactics and motivation and the style of play a team produces. Look at what Martin O’Neil achieved with the same players as Steve Bruce within a week of becoming Manager at Sunderland! Look at what the Manager/Coach of Appoah Nicosia has achieved with the greatly unknown players of the Cypriot club. They have gone further in the CL this season than United or City for godsakes.

The reason I think this is because think back to when Greece won the Euros...No major stars or high profile European players, just an extermely well drilled group who were all very highly motivated, fit and determined to succeed for the cause. These players had been bought together, trained, coached and selected by one man. Not an ‘owner’, not ‘the media’, not ‘the fans’, not ‘the board’ or a’director of football’. All of the aforementioned can be blamed when things go wrong but when it comes down to pure success or failure the buck stops with the Manager.

AVB said last summer that he wasn’t going to into the transfer market before the Asian summer tour as he wanted to ‘get to know his squad better’. That was the first and biggest mistake of his Chelsea career. He already knew the majority of the players and had every piece of video and medical information on every individual player from the previous seasons since Jose and his team including AVB left.

With that said he still didn't decide to buy a CF like Aguero, or realise the teams weaknesses. He stated he would play youth but he's done nothing of the sort. While people blame the players, they are not robots or machines. If they are demotivated because of the mangers poor system, or style of play, or treated of other team mates like Alex and anelka (referring to parking elsewhere and training separately), I don't even think our players look fit or look as I'd they can press another team.

I think dismantling the old guard was too big a job for AVB. You can't go about it the way he has and it clearly backfired as he lost the dressing room. Without him we can do no worse than we were doing.

I also think Abromavich cares about this club, whilst I think he wanted AVB to stay he knew the players wern't interested in the style of play or the way he has gone about his job. This has been reflected in results and I think RA sees that and acted to suit.

I agree with every word. The most sensible post so far.....................................including my own :D

Ferguson, Moyes, O Neill even Sam ''lovely own goal when we were 3 down to win 4-3'' Allardyce -could get a CL and title winning squad out of the players we have by bollocking them.

The crouching twat in the inspector gadget mac just didnt command respect

Finally it came to the end one has wished for the last 4 month, happy?- NO!, necessary - Yes.

What have we or our owner learn? - absolutely nothing!, because if AVB would never had been hired. We on

the run, somebody with success, lets buy it!, and it often dont work.I hear people wants board head, you clueless little fools!.

Who do you think choose them?, YES! - Abramovich. What we gotta realise that its gonna continuous endless. The one big

change we need is a owner with football knowlegde, and people around him who doesnt are afraid to talk against him or who

can speak up if they disagree. Are we the devils advocate?.

Ferguson, Moyes, O Neill even Sam ''lovely own goal when we were 3 down to win 4-3'' Allardyce -could get a CL and title winning squad out of the players we have by bollocking them.

The crouching twat in the inspector gadget mac just didnt command respect

I would have taken O'Neill and/or Moyes before Carlo if I'm honest. Given the finances, Moyes has done a blinding job at Everton and O'Neill has shown Steve Bruce to be the cunt I always thought he was.

@magrico are you seriously comparing a joke of a tournament with club?

It's an example of how a manager can drill a team, motivate and make them want to succeed by employing the correct tactics. Clearly AVB done none of the above otherwise minimum would be good performances. I don't think Euro's is a joke of a tournament to win either. And you can't really compare a club to a tournament. If you read my post again it should become a little clearer to you what I was getting at.

He should have been binned months ago. I remember one game at home against a diddy side he played 2 defensive midfielders and we created the squared root of hee haw.

His decisions baffled me at times. I wish him all the best in whatever he does next.

It's an example of how a manager can drill a team, motivate and make them want to succeed by employing the correct tactics. Clearly AVB done none of the above otherwise minimum would be good performances. I don't think Euro's is a joke of a tournament to win either. And you can't really compare a club to a tournament. If you read my post again it should become a little clearer to you what I was getting at.

6 games vs 40+. You can basicly use the same 11 for whole tournament.

I think many are failing to See that Roman is the sole reason why we are in this fucked up situation

I think many are failing to See that Roman is the sole reason why we are in this fucked up situation

He's the sole reason why we are a club at the moment, without Roman Chelsea football club would of gone into administration and the club could of possibly ceased to exist, we were in so much trouble financially like Portsmouth. The club had spent wayyy beyond its means for soooo long and that's how we got players like Jimmy Hasselbaink for 11 million BACK THEN.

"It hasn't been an easy day for those who, like me, are part of Chelsea. I would like to thank the manager and wish him luck. We have to keep working hard and better days will come. Thanks for your support!"

Juan Mata weighs in on Andre Villas-Boas

He's the sole reason why we are a club at the moment, without Roman Chelsea football club would of gone into administration and the club could of possibly ceased to exist, we were in so much trouble financially like Portsmouth. The club had spent wayyy beyond its means for soooo long and that's how we got players like Jimmy Hasselbaink for 11 million BACK THEN.

And pretty soon the players that he trusts are going to destroy the work he has done

I would have taken O'Neill and/or Moyes before Carlo if I'm honest. Given the finances, Moyes has done a blinding job at Everton and O'Neill has shown Steve Bruce to be the cunt I always thought he was.

What the club need to do now is get Fat Ron and Buck to be the dream team mangers. Then they can get the sack in a few weeks.

Better still, the board can identify a suitable candidate, and then pay them NOT to come to Chelsea. That way they can continue to pick the team and send the youth out on loan but they wont have to settle any unpaid contracts. Sorted

6 games vs 40+. You can basicly use the same 11 for whole tournament.

Wolves,Norwich,West Brom, Swansea

Greece beat Portugal twice,France, drew with Spain and beat Cech Republic. You have to be motivated to beat teams of that calibre. We can't turn up against the lower teams much less the big boys. So whats your point? What's your opinion of why our team is playing so poor? You trying to say we have been tired since October?

So what then? Do we become the next Leeds United with Roman after he gets tired of firing managers after managers and sees nothing works after every decision he makes?

I hope AVB gets a job that suits him and i really wish him all the best. Rebuilding a big sinking ship wasn't the job for him unfortunately. So curious to see how we play with Robbie because i know JT, Lamps, DD etc will have the utmost respect for RDM.