The Mourinho Thread

It is inevitable that a part way will be happening soon, maybe Roman may wait until the end of this season and sacrifice this season for the sake of putting his faith in Jose one last time. A tiger just cannot change its diet, if Jose really 'change' from who he was before he wouldn't have as much success and this is the painful truth him and many fans are too afraid to admit. When he tried to play 'attacking football' during the beginning of his 2nd spell, we went on a horrible run and he has to reverse back to his normal tactics, we thought the breakthrough came last season for the first part but then again after a 5-3 defeat to Spurs things are back to the 'Jose way' as usual.

Then there is the stability which people keep suggesting, is it really worth sticking with someone as unstable as him? Does a manager that really craves stability goes and create headlines for the wrong reasons every week? If it is not attacking your own staff, own player then it is the repetitive old rhetoric about referees and conspiracies against Chelsea FC by the FA, the media and by whoever else he can think of. Did he ever put his hand up and admit that he is wrong for once? The fact that despite all the success he has devided the fans this much shows why he is not a long man for the long term, when Carlo was sacked everyone was partly shocked with the way it happened and some even felt it was harsh, this is far from it. The frustating thing with Mourinho is that he doesn't know when to stop, it is like falling into a hole and instead of trying to climb back out he just want to go further and deeper into it. Why does he never hold his hand up and accept some mistakes? it is always everyone else's fault though otherwise he wouldn't be that 'special' anymore right?

Let's see what happens this Sat against Liverpool, if we lose and he knew before hand that he got to go if that is the case then in his interview after the game he should announce live on TV that he is resigning as Chelsea's manager and thanks the club, Roman and the fans for a 'good' 2nd spell at Chelsea but if his past is anything to go by he will go one last rant/attacking other people like he always does when he has to leave a job on a bad term previously. Let's see him showing his 'love' for Chelsea as many are claiming by offering to 'resign' and forfeit £30m compensation or at least majority of it, let's see if he is willing to put 'talk' above 'material like money' because they say love cannot be bought right?

Happy now? Regards.

shoite and mudslinging gets thrown both ways on every football forum where keyboard cowboys rule the roost.

Everyone from the totally inept no nuffink nonces to the totally blinkered ardent supporter all do their fair bit....but I do find its those edging towards former category tend to be more abusive to players, managers and sometimes other posters

Mourinho is a divisive, controversial figure and is unlikely to bring stability in the long run, plus his brand of football is usually boring, but his cult of personality at Chelsea is so strong that I think it's unwise to sack him before the end of the season or even the end of the contract. If he is shown the door early, whoever succeeds him will have to face an uphill task of reshaping the way the club play under the pressure of instant success from the tens of thousands of vocal Mourinho fans who will be ready to call for his head at the earliest sign of trouble.

Indeed. Everything is normal. Team is 15th in the league, but thats normal. 1 win in 7 games. Normal, that happens in the best families. Poor football. Normal. Just sky ceating soap opera, despite the club feeling forced to release a dreaded vote of confidence.

The situation is so normal that everyday we have at least 10 posts in TC quoting a pundit, ex-player or manager, "backing" Mourinho, to prove the situation is normal.

I'm so glad Mourinho will keep his job even if his team lose 6-0 to Liverpool, or if he can't turn things around, the club stays out of top 4 or have a poor performance in UCL, you know, the fans are signing and tomorrow Drogba or Wayne Bridge will back him, and some article will say he still is the best around.

I'm so glad.

Its such a crisis. Such a crisis, a club having a dip in form, I mean this never happens. So abnormal that the board, and the clubs greatest servants over the decades back the clubs stance. So abnormal that all the attending fans arent singing "Jose out!". "Bring back Big Phil" he'll sort it. Such a state of affairs all we can do is be negative. This is the way forward.

I am so miserable.

No, not happy, considering we're 16th. But happy the board are, for the first time in my living memory, backing a Chelsea manager despite results being poor.

i am kind of awed by the board. but honestly,

do you think jose is the man to take us forward?

if we dont get CL or even european spt (both of which seem very likely), do u think jose is the person who can take the team forward while integrating youth.

look at what he has done with RLC. for 2 weeks (international break), all he said was RLC is ready, he is ready and he is ready. villa, kiev, whu and even stoke in league cup and RLC has played a total of 45 minutes while how many minutes has someone like cesc got. even the slightest bit of a problem and all he can do is go back to his "untouchables" even if they are a totally out of form cesc and hazard or an inconsistent matic.

our attacking play is so poor that we actually have not scored a goal from an attacking move in 6 matches.

there is no youth integration and i doubt there ever will be with jose. we would rather buy papy than give kalas/omeruo a chance. we would rather play the worst player in PL, at that moment, than try something with baba. i mean, i just cant see a positive right now considering what our situation is going to be next season and the foreseeable future with jose at the fore.

i am kind of awed by the board. but honestly,

do you think jose is the man to take us forward?

if we dont get CL or even european spt (both of which seem very likely), do u think jose is the person who can take the team forward while integrating youth.

look at what he has done with RLC. for 2 weeks (international break), all he said was RLC is ready, he is ready and he is ready. villa, kiev, whu and even stoke in league cup and RLC has played a total of 45 minutes while how many minutes has someone like cesc got. even the slightest bit of a problem and all he can do is go back to his "untouchables" even if they are a totally out of form cesc and hazard or an inconsistent matic.

our attacking play is so poor that we actually have not scored a goal from an attacking move in 6 matches.

there is no youth integration and i doubt there ever will be with jose. we would rather buy papy than give kalas/omeruo a chance. we would rather play the worst player in PL, at that moment, than try something with baba. i mean, i just cant see a positive right now considering what our situation is going to be next season and the foreseeable future with jose at the fore.

My honest answer: I'm not sure.

When you say "take us forward", can you quantify that? As in, take us forward a couple more years, or take us forward for a decade? In the first instance, yes, but in the second, then no. He's only ever been a short- to mid-term manager and I doubt that will ever change/

He has always had the issues of negative football and a lack of youth integration, but you can look past that when you're winning titles. We're not even winning games, at the moment, so he's getting hit by both barrels.

It's hard to see positives, but if we sack him now, who is there better to bring in?

No, not happy, considering we're 16th. But happy the board are, for the first time in my living memory, backing a Chelsea manager despite results being poor.

I think you were missing the point of his post since it wasn't directed at you.

What disgust me most, is that the people who back Chelsea's Manager, are labeled as "mourinho worshipper" and such by those who don't, while they hide their own agenda behind the now cliché words "we want what's best for the clubs" funnily enough you never hear the term "mourinho hater" or such other terms by the people who back him.

All in all i find most of the people who back him, more level headed and less likely to start insulting other members of this board. Having different opinions and discussing them out is fantastic, that's why this forum exists, but that's not what's happening here.

So yes, i'm mostly grossed out by that.

You cannot be serious. People who don't back him are often labeled as fickle, gloryhunter, plastic, hater, you name it.

Can you please back it up?

When did i, blue_fox or others write such things?

Yes, CMS was out of line, now he's banned, consequences happen in life.

Go search for yourself, I've been here long enough to know that what I said it's true.

And I didn't say it came from you or Blue_Fox directly. Others have said it.

I don't like it when accusations were thrown around, i asked for a some proof and the one thing i get is search for yourself.

I didn't make those claims, but it seems difficult for you to find it, so i leave it here.

I don't want a personal battle before it gets messy.

Regards.