The Mourinho Thread

Anyway back to Jose Mourinho.

My brain says he should remain until the end of the season, unless 1) by miracle we actually turn it around or 2) this current form continues for months then boom, sack.

But honestly, my heart says he must go now. But not for the reasons most of you are thinking. Now before you go all "MOURINHO HATER!" on me, I am really not a hater of Mourinho. At his best, he is a genius. But he has lost it so far this season.

He needs a year off football. When his head is right, maybe we can get him back but it definitely looks like he needs a year off football. Mourinho is a human just like us, we don't know what's going on in his personal life. There is one problem that we all know though, it's his father's illness. And we all know, the media and the FA isn't helping him one bit, in fact they may make it worse for Mourinho. The stress of Chelsea losing, "what if I get the sack?", the Eva incident and the negative media is building inside of him. That has to explain why he is so negative at the moment. He is not handling the pressure well.

Mourinho needs to sit back, reflect and sort out all his problems. Come back to football refreshed. I'm again, not a hater of Mourinho, in fact this shows that I actually care for Jose Mourinho.

Two seasons ago, he came back to the PL as "the happy one". Now, he is "the moaning one" in many people's eyes. Where is the happy one? I want the happy one back!

People want what's best for the club, and while some think Mourinho is the best for the club and some think not, how about what's best for Jose Mourinho for a change?

"Love" is nothing in football now people say. I agree with them to some extent, but before Mourinho's second spell, we saw some hints that Mourinho still cared for Chelsea. That's love right there. And I'll always respect him for it. Yes I did express my anger towards Jose before calling him childish and all, but that was before I opened my eyes - he was childish mind you, but I didn't see the real reason why. If there is a way, someway for him to take a year off football and him coming back to us as manager, I'll take it.

Tbh that doesn't sound a bad idea in theory, but can you imagine that idea being put to Jose to take a year or two off and come back in summer 2017? Not to mention the fact that the 'stand in' could (unlikely but possible) revolutionise the club like Jose himself did in the mid 00's, how could we let him go.

It would take an expert negotiator for him to potentially even consider it for a second.

Jamie Carragher has had his say on Jose Mourinho's position at Chelsea, insisting he is "too good" and shouldn't be sacked

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29327/10047240/jamie-carragher-on-why-he-would-not-sack-jose-mourinho-at-chelsea

He needs to go - nothing will improve if he stays and we will end up in a worse position the longer he is here.

I won't argue much with you, as your posts have really been OTT in my opinion for the last couple of days, I respect your opinion.

But there's just one thing, I'm glad the board aren't reacting like you guys, that means I'm glad you will witness him staying and turning this around.

And don't worry, I'm not the kind who says that now just to say "See I said that" then, just making a point, I'll be here around talkchelsea jubilating, just like you, beacuse I know how much quality we got in our staff and players ;)

Eva has refused an out of court settlement so there's a real possibility of Mourinho being called to give evidence. The media will go into meltdown if that happens a very tricky time for Chelsea. Personally I think as soon as they see the video of the ref calling her and Fearn on it's a fate accompli.

I won't argue much with you, as your posts have really been OTT in my opinion for the last couple of days, I respect your opinion.

But there's just one thing, I'm glad the board aren't reacting like you guys, that means I'm glad you will witness him staying and turning this around.

And don't worry, I'm not the kind who says that now just to say "See I said that" then, just making a point, I'll be here around talkchelsea jubilating, just like you, beacuse I know how much quality we got in our staff and players ;)

No worries - I'm just proper anti-mou at the min!

I have no doubt that our team motivated and playing well would be nearer the top of the table and that's what I cannot accept :(

Eva has refused an out of court settlement so there's a real possibility of Mourinho being called to give evidence. The media will go into meltdown if that happens a very tricky time for Chelsea. Personally I think as soon as they see the video of the ref calling her and Fearn on it's a fate accompli.

She's so annoying. Like chill, just take severance and shut the fuck up

just because you got your facts wrong....;-)

Still think it is a shoite statement to be used nowadays

And as far taking it seriously....I was the one telling others not to and there is more to life than football and Chelsea before you jumped in with that cliched comment

Anyway reference Chelsea you are not the only one who has seen the highs and lows except some of us don't feel the need to put on here unless questioned about it

So, at the end of the day..who gives a toss.

As long as Mourinho and the team relax, enjoy playing the game and just get on with it. One of these days very soon.....the team is going to muller someone by several goals.....lets hope it Saturday lunchtime

You're entitled to your opinion, just as I am.. You seem to have taken it that I live by this quote (which I don't!!) When Shankley said it, yes, he meant it tongue in cheek.......and that's the way you should have taken it too.

As for "jumping in" as you put it.......This is a forum where people post comments. Whether they are right or wrong they are the comments (cliched or not!) of Chelsea fans. I won't rubbish any persons comments on here because everyone is entitled to their say. You felt the need to take umbrage with my "cliched comment". If you don't want me "Jumping in" then perhaps open forums are not the place to be!!

And my reference to the "Highs and lows" is just to point out that I have seen much tougher times than we are going through now. I am proud to support Chelsea and always have been, and if I cannot post my memories of worse times on here, then where would you like me to post them?

And as for Chelsea mullering someone soon??? Not the way we are playing at present I feel. That's my opinion, but if they do I will bow to your superior knowledge of the game....And I really do hope you are right and it is against Liverpool. KTBFFH

Nearly all of Shankly's quotes are tongue in cheek mate. We are old enough to have seen the interviews at the time. He played up to the camera and everything he said was with a glint in his eye. There was a documentary on British TV a few years ago about Hilsborough where a priest says he cringes at that quote every time he has to say a remembrance mass.

Yes I agree with you Shankley played to the media as it was at the time. But in fairness to him he could never have forseen the future and how that off the cuff remark would come back to haunt his own club

Fucking great article!

This article says all what I want to say. Every Mourinho lover should read it. And about stability argument, waht stability Mourinho provide? Stability of being in bottom half? Stability of seeing the same players again and again? Stability of watching young lad getting 45 minutes from 3 or 4 matches? Stability of him being not on the bench? Stability of lying about everything? Stability of excuses?

Some guys mentioning his trophies won as a Chelsea manager, I respect him for that, and yes i thing he is the best manager that this club has ever had.

But guys, it years ago! Now we are 15th, in CL we have 4points from 3 games, we are out from league cup, and we are playing Liverpool next!

No she is the one who was treated disgracefully ,, you are better than this comment

shouldnt this be on another thread because this issue with her is not just about Mourinho but the club as a whole.

There is a lot more to come out of this starting with end season/pre season tours. His comment was just icing on the cake