Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The English Football Thread

Steve
Followers 12

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Coutinho finally showed that he can do it consistently. He used to be an overrated player.  Scored some ridiculous goal but that's it.  Now he is in absolutely sparkling form. 

He woiuld look good in Blue!

• Like 1
  • Replies 56.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Special Juan

• Jas

sNyii4T.jpg

We're 2nd after mancity fell against Middlesbrough. On the 90 points mark which is title winning form. 

APLT explanation below 

Last seasons table is almost the same as the real table 

iuPvMRx.jpg

The Alternative Premier League table starts everyone from the 90points Line.

To maintain the 90 points level:

1. You have to win all 19 home games

2. Win all the away games against the bottom 7 from last season 

3. Draw all away games from the top 12 from last season. 

The relegated teams last season are replaced with the newly promoted teams. 

If you win when a draw is expected, you go up by 2 points.

If you lose when a draw or win is expected, you go down by 3 points.

If you win or draw when expected, you maintain the same level as the last gameweek. 

The 71 points line is the average expected points for champions League qualification (4th place)

• Like 1

No football for two weeks...so whats your team of season so far?

I would go with

-----------------Lloris------------------

Azpi-Kos-Alderweireld-Rose

--------Kante-Henderson--------

---Coutinho------------Hazard---

------------Costa-Aguero-----------

I could pick Kdb, Van Dijk too, but I find no space.

City got great player in Gabriel Jesus. I can see him become one of leagues best quick.

Brazil on other hand could dominate football soon again. They got some realy good players in Neymar, Coutinho, Jesus and Gabigol. Not to mention Marquinhos, Wendell, Fabinho, Casemiro etc. And Tite seems to be perfect coach for them.

• Like 4

Arsenal playing today how I fear we may do tomorrow. They look like the international break completely killed their flow and rhythm and are playing like zombies. United aren't even playing well at all but they know it's a must win game for them and have caught Arsenal at just the right time.

As poor as United have been this season, they're only 4 points behind us currently and if we don't win tomorrow. Plus they have easy fixtures coming up I think whereas we have City and Spuds next.

It's a shame we let this hideously overrated team to beat us. Fortunately for them, they caught us when we didn't know what we were doing and still playing Ivanovic, Azpilicueta out of position and joggling between Oscar/Fabregas in that outdated 4-2-3-1. We'll handle either of these. 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Arsenal playing today how I fear we may do tomorrow. They look like the international break completely killed their flow and rhythm and are playing like zombies. United aren't even playing well at all but they know it's a must win game for them and have caught Arsenal at just the right time.

As poor as United have been this season, they're only 4 points behind us currently and if we don't win tomorrow. Plus they have easy fixtures coming up I think whereas we have City and Spuds next.

So we'll go there and not have a shot on target vs Middlesborough? Sorry bro, but that's just being pessimistic for the sake of it. Didn't United players also have International matches?

The thing is this is standard Arsenal. They have so-called "world-class" players who are anything but. These players are good at turning over poor and average PL sides but they show their true colours when the going gets tough. 

We're a better team than them. We have better players. Last season unfortunately blinded many and we've been severly underrated going into this season. 

• Like 1

I've said it before, the only team I respect in this league is Man City. They have the quality and the manager. I also respect Liverpool to a degree. They don't have the quality but they have the manager. They are difficult to play against. United have some big players but they're either past their best or too young. They also seriously lack pace when they play with Zlatan. 

For me it's between us, City and Liverpool. Arsenal, Man United and Tottenham are just pretenders.