• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

As much as I hate Aguero for the little scum bag he is (kick on Luiz that went unpunished), I do feel for him. He was crying when he left the pitch, must have known the extent of the damage. Great player but unfortunate with injuries.

Everton where beyond poor. They never looked like they wanted any points from the match. They're 1-0 down with 5 added mins to go and the two CBs are passing it between each other. No one, bar Eto'o, was really trying to score.

Whenever Everton got the ball into relatively dangerous situations they were harassed and lost the ball immediately. Everton were definitely poor but City's good defensive play exacerbated that and limited Everton's attack significantly.

IMO it's the EPL's marketing strategy to have the title race as open as possible. (as long as the FA's beloved ManUtd can't win it)

A more open EPL title race generates more worldwide media interest and hence increases the leverage of the EPL to get bigger TV deals. Hence they influence matches and instruct the refs to make the league more attractive. Smaller clubs are only happy to agree to play along and alter the level of their perfromances as the FA commands so they get access to those huge TV money pots this way.

The Bundesliga and La Liga are usually less open. All their ressources are concentrated towards BAyern, BArca, real, who are guaranteed the league title and can focus on the CL. The CL success makes their TV rights attractive as well.

Too different strategies. The Spanish or German strategy yields more success in terms of CL titles whilst the English one yields more money.

I think in the end we will be Champions. The FA will influence games our way at some point as another City title would be rather boring. But in the end we will have no chance of winning the CL with our squad tiring in domestic competitions against the fresh teams of Real, Bayern, Barca.

When we lose to Stoke.. Man-City will be level with their easy fixture list, let's hope the rumours are true about Aguero.

You're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?! :lol:

Whenever Everton got the ball into relatively dangerous situations they were harassed and lost the ball immediately. Everton were definitely poor but City's good defensive play exacerbated that and limited Everton's attack significantly.

I never felt that anyone except Eto'o and Barkley showed and fighting spirit. That's why it was so easy for City to dispossess them. Against us, from the same kind of positions they were creating dangerous chances while today they were almost nonchalant.

IMO it's the EPL's marketing strategy to have the title race as open as possible. (as long as the FA's beloved ManUtd can't win it)

A more open EPL title race generates more worldwide media interest and hence increases the leverage of the EPL to get bigger TV deals. Hence they influence matches and instruct the refs to make the league more attractive. Smaller clubs are only happy to agree to play along and alter the level of their perfromances as the FA commands so they get access to those huge TV money pots this way.

The Bundesliga and La Liga are usually less open. All their ressources are concentrated towards BAyern, BArca, real, who are guaranteed the league title and can focus on the CL. The CL success makes their TV rights attractive as well.

Too different strategies. The Spanish or German strategy yields more success in terms of CL titles whilst the English one yields more money.

I think in the end we will be Champions. The FA will influence games our way at some point as another City title would be rather boring. But in the end we will have no chance of winning the CL with our squad tiring in domestic competitions against the fresh teams of Real, Bayern, Barca.

I agree about the Bundesliga but in the PL this year only 2 teams will realistically win it, Chelsea or City. In La Liga there are 3 teams vying for the title, Real and Barca obviously, but Atletico are and will continue to put up one hell of a fight. So Bayern can definitely focus more on the CL in the latter stages but Real/Barca/Atletico can't really.

It will be 3 days before x-mas, a late kick-off in the cold dark Britannia stadium, 10 men behind the ball. Nothing more needs to be said really, although Jose being able to rest players at Derby might help matters.

I never felt that anyone except Eto'o and Barkley showed and fighting spirit. That's why it was so easy for City to dispossess them. Against us, from the same kind of positions they were creating dangerous chances while today they were almost nonchalant.

to be honest. lukaku was good. that volley was tremendous!!!!

It will be 3 days before x-mas, a late kick-off in the cold dark Britannia stadium, 10 men behind the ball. Nothing more needs to be said really, although Jose being able to rest players at Derby might help matters.

Things went against us today, could go for us against Stoke. Of course it will be tough, but a fresh Hazard, Cesc and Costa can break a parked bus.

True, but a bit isolated. He doesn't have the ability to drop deep and participate with the link-up like Eto'o.

Yep. But they have different strengths. Lukaku needs service while etoo can create something on his own.

I watched the last minutes (10-15) of everton and hull game. It was the same story. Everton wete happy to pass the ball among themselves rather than try and cross it to lukaku in the box. In the end, there best efforts cane from a 25 yard lukaku shot and a lukaku header from a corner which hit a defender's hand and would probably havw been a goal.

And this is what is suprising. If yiu have bought a 28nil striker, you should be playing to his strengths.

Hopefully it won't come to this... but I genuinely would rather United won the title than City.

Yeah I said it.. Haha.

Just have a look at Bluemoon forum and you'll see why.

Although I still believe we will win it :)

Well yeah because City fans are really cocky right now and perhaps with reason. If United gain more ground on us their fans will be just as bad. They've been humbled recently but they are worse than City fans IMO.