The English Football Thread

Steve

City were fortunate with the penalty decision and could well have had Mangala/Fernando sent off. That being said I was impressed by their performance. They were very organised defensively with 2 banks of 4 and they pressed with numbers and great enthuiasm in their own area. They had plenty of chances on the counter as a result of turnovers and conceded only 1 chance of any note, as well as never being pinned back. A very strong defensive performance.

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I don't understand Everton at all... Only 1-0 down and there was 5 minutes left. Yet instead of getting the ball up the pitch as much as they could, they decided to pass it in their own half?! Damage limitation at 1-0 down?..

I don't understand Everton at all... Only 1-0 down and there was 5 minutes left. Yet instead of getting the ball up the pitch as much as they could, they decided to pass it in their own half?! Damage limitation at 1-0 down?..

They lacked conviction really. City had no interest to go for the 2nd goal and were happy to kill the game off at 1-0. There wasn't any urgency or tempo to Everton's play in the last 10-15 minutes. Just kept giving the ball back to City! :doh:

They lacked conviction really. City had no interest to go for the 2nd goal and were happy to kill the game off at 1-0. There wasn't any urgency or tempo to Everton's play in the last 10-15 minutes. Just kept giving the ball back to City! :doh:

Barkley made a difference when he came on, but even he quickly realised that there was no point in chasing. It seemed like Martinez & Pellegrini were content with the score being what it was.

I bet when we play Everton next, they'll be well up for it :wank2:

Barkley made a difference when he came on, but even he quickly realised that there was no point in chasing. It seemed like Martinez & Pellegrini were content with the score being what it was.

I bet when we play Everton next, they'll be well up for it :wank2:

City were smartly conserving their energy after playing the 3rd game in 7 days and to keep themselves as fresh as possible for their do-or-die Champions League with Roma in midweek.

City were smartly conserving their energy after playing the 3rd game in 7 days and to keep themselves as fresh as possible for their do-or-die Champions League with Roma in midweek.

Which is what confused me about us today more than anything! Even if fatigue is creeping into our squad, most these guys know they'll have a rest against Sporting.

I've always said it, there is something wrong with the FA and City (just like in the hate thread). Same story like last year, matches decided by the refs in their advantage.

I don't believe in coincidences, football world always has been a corrupt thing. But I just hoped the biggest competition isn't the same but it is.

Just check the difference in EPL schedule between us and we have the answer.

Which is what confused me about us today more than anything! Even if fatigue is creeping into our squad, most these guys know they'll have a rest against Sporting.

The thing is, 8-9 players out there today have played their 5th straight game in 2 weeks. Tiredness bound to kick in. Pellegrini rotated his starting XI and Mourinho should have done the same. Not saying he needs to change 4-5 players but at least 1-2 here and there. Can't expect the players to play at the same level in every single game.

What was ironic about that? Game management from City. That's all.

they were hanging on the ropes .. If Mirallis had put his boots on the right feet they wouldnt have won ,,

they scrambled a win at home.. I didnt see our game but watched that and Both teams were poor ,

The thing is, 8-9 players out there today have played their 5th straight game in 2 weeks. Tiredness bound to kick in. Pellegrini rotated his starting XI and Mourinho should have done the same. Not saying he needs to change 4-5 players but at least 1-2 here and there. Can't expect the players to play at the same level in every single game.

Yeah, that's why I don't blame people too much for not being happy with Mourinho. I do see their point. I think he's been unlucky too, Ramires has been injured, Salah isn't developing like he'd hoped.. Schurrle too.

they were hanging on the ropes .. If Mirallis had put his boots on the right feet they wouldnt have won ,,

they scrambled a win at home.. I didnt see our game but watched that and Both teams were poor ,

But overall they were quite relaxed going forward. Everton did have moments where City did have to scramble around, but they looked relatively comfortable. Lampard coming on signalled that too because after that Everton's possession and even attempts didn't send many alarms.

Hanging on the ropes? Everton hardly put any concerted pressure on City. They only created some 1-2 chances here and there. Lukaku's shot was probably the best of the lot. Otherwise, City were comfortable.

Yeah, that's why I don't blame people too much for not being happy with Mourinho. I do see their point. I think he's been unlucky too, Ramires has been injured, Salah isn't developing like he'd hoped.. Schurrle too.

To be fair, Schurrle has been ill for the past month or so, which he hasn't played well when called upon.