• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I still think Brendan Rogers is a good manager lol. He's been let down in the transfers department, and if they were his transfers then he should consider getting in a DoF. I'd find it hilarious if they got in AvB (but less so if he's a success there).. I find it more plausible they'll target Klopp tbh.

Btw, Zenit this season have only lost 2 games under André Villas-Boas, albeit it's the Russian league but it's still worth noting.

It's also worth noting that AVB can only seem to thrive in the weaker leagues (e.g the Portuguese, Russian leagues) where there's hardly any competition. He's already failed in the Premier League, twice.

:lol:

I guess we should be happy they're writing something in our favour for once. But they're fools if they believe City are out of it with Aguero out.. This is the reason they've got Jovetic & Dzeko. Yaya has looked up for it lately too, David Silva still has to come back. Not to mention there's still another bloody 5 months to go!

If Aguero is really out injured for an extended period of time, then they are pretty much left with Dzeko as the striker only. I say that because Jovetic is not an out-and-out striker and he's injured half of the time anyway. Their midfielders can score goals too but only Toure seems to be the one capable of doing it on a more regular basis than others. The others will chip in here and there but not consistently.

It's also worth noting that AVB can only seem to thrive in the weaker leagues (e.g the Portuguese, Russian leagues) where there's hardly any competition. He's already failed in the Premier League, twice.

Well to be fair, he is doing good in the Champions League with Zenit as he is likely to take them to next round with a win next game. Secondly, he is leading the Russian League by a lot of points with a team that hasn't won the league for 3 years. He did a good job beating Dortmund on second leg away, once the previous manager was sacked after the first leg. I think AVB is a good manager, just has been misconstrued. He did a fine job the first season at Spurs. Second season, he started out brilliantly the first month or so. He started getting beat by Liverpool, City and he was only off 4 points I believe off top 4, only in December.

Well to be fair, he is doing good in the Champions League with Zenit as he is likely to take them to next round with a win next game. Secondly, he is leading the Russian League by a lot of points with a team that hasn't won the league for 3 years. He did a good job beating Dortmund on second leg away, once the previous manager was sacked after the first leg.

Even if Zenit haven't won the league title since 2012, it still doesn't change the fact that the Russian league is a weak league with very little competition. No, AVB didn't beat Dortmund with Zenit then. It was the caretaker coach who did that after Spalletti's sacking. AVB only took over after that game. Besides, Zenit only won that tie because of Hulk's long range effort and Dortmund were already through by then having won the first leg 4-2.

I think AVB is a good manager, just has been misconstrued. He did a fine job the first season at Spurs. Second season, he started out brilliantly the first month or so. He started getting beat by Liverpool, City and he was only off 4 points I believe off top 4, only in December.

He had Bale on his side and yet still failed to get the Top 4 (they were 7 points clear of 5th in March!). People may look at the points tally and think he did a fine job at Tottenham but they have never been convincing, not even in the second season (goodness knows how many times they won a game because of Soldado's penalty). Spurs may get the wins under him but they have hardly ever played well from the first 1st minute till the last and consistently. They have only ever played well in patches.

Fuck off now City, feel the joys of life when you actually have to work every minute of every game for every point instead of having Aguero gift them to you.

We lost a battle at Newcastle, but we shall win the war !

According to Mirror, Aguero out for around a month.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-without-sergio-aguero-4765919

But that as good as some points taken off from City, not to mention he probably will missed all boxing days.