Edinson Cavani

CFC58

L'Equipe: PSG set to be offered salary cap, transfer limit, UCL squad limit & a fine of 60m over 3 years in FFP sanctions.

PSG's current payroll highest in Europe (240m) & PSG will be hit with further penalties if they exceed this in future.

UEFA want to impose transfer limit of 60m for PSG. If club spend entire sum on one player, payroll cannot increase.

PSG to be limited to 21-man UCL squad instead of regular 25-man group (8 of whom would have to be trained domestically).

PSG to be fined 60m over next 3 years (20m yearly). Need to lower deficit to no more than 30m by end of next season.

Final agreement must be reached with PSG, who can appeal. If they do, they risk a more severe punishment.

In short, PSG must now sell to buy. Wage bill must be cut, 60m limit on future moves, UCL squad size limit of 21 & a fine to pay.

Edinson Cavani, Marco Verratti, Javier Pastore & Ezequiel Lavezzi could all leave PSG to enable club to bring in new players.

Get me cavani and cabaye and my life is complete

What do you think of Chelsea taking the Swede, and have Lukaku as the 2nd and upcoming striker?

The problem is you're then continuing to build around short-term players. That's a mistake of this season choosing to use Eto'o & Torres, but it was justified because we were limited in what we could do in this window and Mourinho had to adopt himself within this squad. Ibra will be 33 in October so we'll get at best 2-seasons of prime Zlatan.

The problem is you're then continuing to build around short-term players. That's a mistake of this season choosing to use Eto'o & Torres, but it was justified because we were limited in what we could do in this window and Mourinho had to adopt himself within this squad. Ibra will be 33 in October so we'll get at best 2-seasons of prime Zlatan.

Though maybe in those two years we'd have better forwards to choose from, because at the moment CFC are in a situation where we have to spend big to sign a renown forward player and the clubs know it. I do get your point but Ibra is a winner and it would give us options in the future.

Yeah, but the thing is by taking the Swede short-term, Chelsea could develop Lukaku for the long-term (if he really has the potential), right? No doubt people would prefer a 25 -27 yr old world class striker., (and Cavani would be my first pick in that category) but if we're talking about developing a younger striker there's not much chance he can get when the first choice striker is going to hang around for 5-6 yrs.

Though maybe in those two years we'd have better forwards to choose from, because at the moment CFC are in a situation where we have to spend big to sign a renown forward player and the clubs know it. I do get your point but Ibra is a winner and it would give us options in the future.

Yeah, but the thing is by taking the Swede short-term, Chelsea could develop Lukaku for the long-term (if he really has the potential), right? No doubt people would prefer a 25 -27 yr old world class striker., (and Cavani would be my first pick in that category) but if we're talking about developing a younger striker there's not much chance he can get when the first choice striker is going to hang around for 5-6 yrs.

The problem with this, both points, is that we'll then keep in this constant loop of "transition". While Oscar, Hazard & co begin to mature and come into their own we'll continuously be halted by the absence of a long-term striker. And if we took Blue Armour's suggestion of using him to bring through Lukaku, what if Ibra is brilliant in the 2 season we get out of him and thus he actually hampers Lukaku's progress?

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I think Cavani is way better.

Cavani may be the better player, but he will cost in the region of £55 million. That's £20 million more than Costa, is he that much better? I'm not so sure. Also take into account his high wages. Costa is a no brainer for me, he may not be the better player but for the money we're spending on him I think its a great deal.

Cavani may be the better player, but he will cost in the region of £55 million. That's £20 million more than Costa, is he that much better? I'm not so sure. Also take into account his high wages. Costa is a no brainer for me, he may not be the better player but for the money we're spending on him I think its a great deal.

To other said Luiz was sold for almost that price. Not sure if the money is an issue here. Also Cavani is the safe option, he has a track record of good seasons in european leagues, and playing for Uruguai. Diego Costa has only one great season in his CV.

55mil? that a MAJOR understatement. i thought PSG themselves bought him for 60mil. with us ripping them off for luiz, they will atleast try to get us back a little. 65mil, will be minimum.

To other said Luiz was sold for almost that price. Not sure if the money is an issue here. Also Cavani is the safe option, he has a track record of good seasons in european leagues, and playing for Uruguai. Diego Costa has only one great season in his CV.

There's barely any "safe options" if you ask me.

• 4 weeks later...

His movement, the runs he makes, and the work rate he has where he helps all over the pitch is second to none among strikers. Truly the PERFECT José center forward.

We'd win the PL and CL with him leading our line. If it were up to me we'd break the bank for him. Don't care if it's £50m or £60m he'd be worth it. We have the cash.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You