Edinson Cavani

CFC58

To all the people who are still showing concern about the money that Cavani will cost, think of it this way:

He is in the peak of his career and will only get better,

I had to stop here - if he's at the peak of his career, how will he get better? Wouldn't that point when he's better be his peak?

I'd say its much more difficult at the top of the table now. It's been proven over the last couple of seasons that you need that firepower up front.

United have had RvP and Roo banging them in and City have had Aguero and Tevez.

We've had fucking Torres and our league finishes have reflected as much.

There are 11 players on a pitch - there's no rule that says all the goals have to come through your number 9. You don't get extra points for a striker scoring them.

He could be a great player for us and he could lead us to the title but any Chelsea supporter who doesn't have a bit of apprehension about expensive strikers coming to this club needs to read up on their history. Yes Drogba was a legend for us (although his early seasons were not spectacular despite us winning titles) but I can name far more big-name strikers who failed at this club.

I'd say its much more difficult at the top of the table now. It's been proven over the last couple of seasons that you need that firepower up front.

United have had RvP and Roo banging them in and City have had Aguero and Tevez.

We've had fucking Torres and our league finishes have reflected as much.

and Dzeko (most goals in the league this season for City)

The transfer fee for RVP was 24 million pounds, and it was only that low because he had 1 year on his contract left. I don't even understand what you are really trying to argue here to be honest.

I had to stop here - if he's at the peak of his career, how will he get better? Wouldn't that point when he's better be his peak?

That is why I think he is amazing, while being the best form of his life, he can still improve and become even better. He wasn't like when we bought Torres which WAS PEAKED AND GOING DOWN HILL. This guy will only go up from here unless he get a serious injury. Maybe using peak wasn't the right choice of words, my point is he is in the best form he has ever been and there is no better time to buy him.

There are 11 players on a pitch - there's no rule that says all the goals have to come through your number 9. You don't get extra points for a striker scoring them.

He could be a great player for us and he could lead us to the title but any Chelsea supporter who doesn't have a bit of apprehension about expensive strikers coming to this club needs to read up on their history. Yes Drogba was a legend for us (although his early seasons were not spectacular despite us winning titles) but I can name far more big-name strikers who failed at this club.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who expect Cavani to come in and solve all of our problems, but he'd be a huge upgrade to what we have.

Can't be worse than you're supposed #1 CF scoring 8 league goals.

I'd say you can go ahead and pencil Cavani in for 25, and I'd put money on him scoring 30.

I dont like the price on this deal and I understand where concerns come from, if it actually goes through, of course.

However, Cavani doesnt become a bad player because he is overpriced! This dude scored 29 goals in Serie A (which is just as hard as EPL, if not more), he also bullied our defense when Napoli almost beat us in UCL, he has everything a striker needs, etc. There is no need to question him just because the price is high...

Top and expensive deals are always risky, but just ask Real Madrid how lucrative (I dont only mean money) they can be. Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, etc. All made tons of money and incredible impact on the field. I know there are the Kaka's and Robben's of the world, but just because one or two big transfer doesnt work out, it doesnt mean its stupid for a club to do a big time transfer from time to time (if needed)...

Btw, Sheva was not that bad of a deal as people make, our only immense mistake in a full decade was Fernando Torres. Lets not that cancer scare us in this Cavani trasnfer!!!

I don't understand people sometime, we go for top players and pay huges sum, complain that they are overpriced

go for old experienced players(De Rossi...etc) and low sum, complain that they are too old

go for young promising players(Schurrle, Mangala) at decent fee then complain not good enough, overpriced...etc

LIFE IS NOT PERFECT, We are not going to get Cavani for £30m, Schurrle for £10m or whatever prices ''You'' think they are worth, it is up to the club to decide. Many people I see are obsessed over young players the club have(Lukaku, De Bruyn) so what if they are sold/loan?

Are you telling me you are willing to have Lukaku OVER CAVANI? He is a promising player, but that doesn't mean anything. This place is for the best players only, if young players think they are good enough for the club then let them fight for their place with top class players.

I dont like the price on this deal and I understand where concerns come from, if it actually goes through, of course.

However, Cavani doesnt become a bad player because he is overpriced! This dude scored 29 goals in Serie A (which is just as hard as EPL, if not more), he also bullied our defense when Napoli almost beat us in UCL, he has everything a striker needs, etc. There is no need to question him just because the price is high...

Top and expensive deals are always risky, but just ask Real Madrid how lucrative (I dont only mean money) they can be. Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, etc. All made tons of money and incredible impact on the field. I know there are the Kaka's and Robben's of the world, but just because one or two big transfer doesnt work out, it doesnt mean its stupid for a club to do a big time transfer from time to time (if needed)...

Btw, Sheva was not that bad of a deal as people make, our only immense mistake in a full decade was Fernando Torres. Lets not that cancer scare us in this Cavani trasnfer!!!

Sheva was horrible :blink: for his fee anyway. Can't believe how people are underrating Cavani massively, scoring 30+ goals for 3 years in a row is not enough? What is? Scoring every single match like Ronaldo/Messi? I agree with you btw

@Rmpr, Something wrong?

I agree. If Mou really wants Cavani for this money, I think he's thinking of balancing it with a cheaper midfielder

LOL, I was going to post what I just did and I kept getting SQL Error Server, so I would return and post it again. When I saw, I had probably made the first ever tripple post in the history of TC! :lol:

Yea you are right. so next time you dont act like a 5 year old and start something you werent even in .

Hey yossi, you are the only here that acts like a 5 year old. I understand that some people might have provoked you, but you speak like you are clear of all blame. So please learn some manners and think before you press post yeah?

Thank you

Yeah to be honest, it gets me nervous everytime we are linked with a high profile striker for big money. Just that fear of history repeating, im just paranoid though.

53m would be a massive amount money, crazy. But the bright side is Torres wont be our most expensive purchase...........

So has the forum been put on performance mode because mods think deal is imminent ?

No, there is a problem with the server i guess. Maybe it's being rectified!!

Edinson Cavani, tracked on all sides for the transfer window, including PSG, have finally decided to engage with Chelsea.
Wanted by Real Madrid, Manchester City or PSG for the next
mercato, Edinson Cavani have opted for Chelsea! According to Le Parisien, the Uruguayan striker Naples has already agreed to the team of Jose Mourinho
and both sides are trying to agree on the final result of the transfer formalities.
Moreover, Le Parisien reported that the total cost of the transfer would amount to 63M. Reportedly Rafael Benitez, newly named coach of Naples, would also get Fernando Torres in the transaction. The announced arrival of
Cavani to Chelsea is a blow for PSG, who will now be able to concentrate on the track Wayne Rooney for the transfer window.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You