Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Hurry up and get the deal done before City find their balls and just put up the release clause!

United was proof last season that you need to take a risk on a top striker and that having one can swing the title in your direction.

Cavani can be our RvP!

Marca reporting Madrid are back in for him:

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/08/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1370684760.html

He'll go to Madrid if they agree a fee and the way Madrid fling money around and the fact Higuain is more than likely being shipped off - I can see that happening.

Was reading the comments on that article and it looks like in Spain they believe Cavani is definitely coming to us.

Hurry up and get the deal done before City find their balls and just put up the release clause!

United was proof last season that you need to take a risk on a top striker and that having one can swing the title in your direction.

Cavani can be our RvP!

I'm never quite sure why we're using United as the model for squad building when we won two titles without a 20 goal-a-season striker, and we have players like Hazard and Mata who have shown an ability to score big goals.

I'm never quite sure why we're using United as the model for squad building when we won two titles without a 20 goal-a-season striker, and we have players like Hazard and Mata who have shown an ability to score big goals.

While we won 2, they won........................................................................................close to 20

yeah well city werent around then so it was simpler/

I hate all these ups and downs. One second one thinks it's a done deal then the other second another club is buying him.

Remember Robinho and Hulk - everyone thought they were coming.

Regarding the price that's normally something I think about a lot because I hate when we get ripped off but I actually think that he is worth the money. Well, maybe it's 5-7 million too much but I guess we will have to pay that extras to wrap up the deal before another club buys him.

I don't fancy facing Cavani when playing against City - I want him in our team.

Cavani can be our RvP!

There's a difference between paying 22 million & 50 million.

RvP wasn't really a risk...he carried Arsenal the previous season and he wanted to win trophies.

Wenger was stupid enough to sell him to a rival club.

I'm just sitting back and laughing at all of this. 63 million? Unbelievable.

There are other options available - options that wont break the bank and tie your hands in other segments that need to be addressed. Is he good? Yes. Is he amazing? Probably. Is he 63 mil. amazing? Fuck no.

I'm just sitting back and laughing at all of this. 63 million? Unbelievable.

There are other options available - options that wont break the bank and tie your hands in other segments that need to be addressed. Is he good? Yes. Is he amazing? Probably. Is he 63 mil. amazing? Fuck no.

63 million EUROS. It's £53 million.

To all the people who are still showing concern about the money that Cavani will cost, think of it this way:

He is in the peak of his career and will only get better, I believe if he stay fit he will have at least 4-5 25+ goal seasons and if he does manage that then £53M IS A BARGAIN.

Secondly, he is as good as Falcao(everyone got different opinion but base on the amount of goals scored, he is just as good) and Falcao cost £51m so Cavani can't be far off that.

Thirdly, Suarez who everyone(media, other club's fans) think is worth at least £50m, ARE YOU TELLING ME HE IS BETTER THAN CAVANI? Because imo, they are just as good as each other.

Fourthly, don't bring up Serie A crap that it is a shit league, maybe it lost its best players over the years but IT IS STILL THE MOST DEFENSIVE LEAGUE IN EUROPE.

And lastly, he cost this much BECAUSE HE IS WANTED BY RICHEST CLUBS IN EUROPE(Madrid, us and City) so of course Napoli is going to milk it as much as possible. Also he said he want to go to Madrid if he had to choose and if we are willing to offer £45-£50m then might as well make it £53m(release clause). No point trying to save a few millions then City/Madrid decided fuck it and pay it before us so we lose him like we did with Falcao.

I'd say its much more difficult at the top of the table now. It's been proven over the last couple of seasons that you need that firepower up front.

United have had RvP and Roo banging them in and City have had Aguero and Tevez.

We've had fucking Torres and our league finishes have reflected as much.

While we won 2, they won........................................................................................close to 20

And Liverpool have won 18 - I think you're missing the point which is that there is more than one way to be successful. We don't have to copy United, and quite honestly if we're going down the route of taking things on from them then there are other things I'd focus on first.

yeah well city werent around then so it was simpler/

I suppose so, if you want to misrepresent history and diminish our achievements in 04-06.

By the way, United's success with RVP was from them buying a striker who had a proven track record in this league for around £20 million. We're looking at signing a striker new to this league for over twice as much.

If you want us to copy United, why not Rooney who would be a closer comparison to RVP?

If we are gonna go by the logic, then Hazard was overpriced, come on £32m for a 21 years old from Ligue 1 <_< and look how that turned out... SOMETIME YOU HAVE TO TAKE RISK, Cavani's standard price is at least £40-£45m, don't even try to argue because that is the right going rate for him nowaday. So paying £10-£15m more is a bit overpricebut not MASSIVELY OVERPRICED LIKE SOME PEOPLE ARE MAKING IT OUT.

RVP 29 years old injury prone-£24m RISK

Ronaldo even though the best player in the world AT THE TIME AT £80M IS A ENORMOUS RISK

Ourselves with £32m Hazard-RISK

City with £40m AGUERO-RISK

And countless more... So just relax

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You