Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I'm not sure we're signing Cavani anymore to be honest. Don't think the club is willing to pay 50m on another striker and rightly so. Crespo, Sheva, Torres, Mutu, Kezman etc we're cursed.

Bayern are on course to win the treble with Mandzukic as their first choice so a WC striker isn't really a necessity either.

Maybe Ba stops falling over when he's through on goal, Torres doesn't go through a 2-3 month drought after weeks of great form and Lukaku pans out...? We have so many goal scorers in the team, starting from our defense so perhaps we could cope offensively.

Still adamant the number one priority this season should be fixing our defence/midfield, particularly our back line as it's been abysmal since JT declined, Arsenal were better defensively ffs. Last time I had any confidence in our back 4 was probably in 2009, under Guus. And our midfield is nearly as bad as our as our defence. Far too easy to get in behind our 2 protectors and then to top it all off they end up getting outclassed and outplayed against any decent team we face.

I honestly cannot remember the last time we won the midfield battle against a top class team. We end up being forced to play on the counter and making "heroic" blocks/last man challenges in each big game.

I completely agree with your post.

A World-class striker would be nice...but we don't need a WC striker provided that...we add a top-class midfielder and a top-class defender.

Just look at the impact Martinez has had at Bayern Munich...

If we're going to stick with the pivot...Mikel & Ramires isn't good enough. One or both of them will have to make way...if we wanna win the midfield battle against the top sides.

80 million pounds on Torres and Shevchenko. *barf*

Every team has bought some flops... Also look at Real Madrid how much they spent in 2009 and in the last 4 years they've only won the La Liga and Copa del Rey. But we have won the Champions League, FA Cup and now the Europa League from the spendings in 2011.

He said Ibra to Juve was a done deal a month or so ago. He even said Ibra agreed to cut his wages in half to come to Juve.

Well I wouldn't quantify him getting the Ibra deal wrong (even though it does look like Ibra is moving on - he could still end up at Juve as they do need a quality striker and Ibra does fit that bill) as him writing a lot of BS recently. He has got a lot of stuff right recently.

As I said before in the thread... He was one of the first to call Benitez to Napoli, Neymar to Barcelona, Falcao, James Rodriguez and Moutinho to Monaco and one of the first to say that Mourinho will sign after his last game at Real.

He's pretty reliable compared to the majority on twitter. Not that I blindly trust everything he says, but he surely doesn't sprout crap.

Imagine De Rossi, Modric, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Cavani in the starting lineup. Lol. That's an All-World XI attack. Don't think even Real or Bayern can top it even if they have Bale etc. This just fits too good.

He said Ibra to Juve was a done deal a month or so ago. He even said Ibra agreed to cut his wages in half to come to Juve.

Na he said Ibra would be interested in a move back to Juve but he'd probably have to agree to cut his wages in half! Plus half the stuff he says comes from Sky Italia, which can be dodgy but I think hes not as bad as you make out.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You