Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri 48s

Chelsea have contacted Napoli declaring their interest to sign Cavani,according to tomorrow Gazzetta. It's first official contact for Cavani

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri 16s

There is a precise request from José Mourinho behind the Chelsea contact for Cavani

would have preferred the news that we have signed him, instead of just "contacting napoli"...maybe benitez could do us a favor :D

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri 1m

Chances: situation is so open.City still ahead,and with possible option of Dzeko swap.But Chelsea needed to make this official step

As much as excited I am with this news, somebody please explain to me, how come we are the first one who make official contact with Napoli for Cavani, but City still ahead than us?

As much as excited I am with this news, somebody please explain to me, how come we are the first one who make official contact with Napoli for Cavani, but City still ahead than us?

Maybe he meant Chelsea's first official contact with Cavani, not a first official contact for Cavani in this window from anyone.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/208977.html

Edinson Cavani is likely to move to La Liga if he leaves Napoli in the summer, his father has said.

Cavani, 26, has been tipped to leave the Serie A club, and Real Madrid are thought to be in pole position to sign the Uruguay international.

However, his father, Luis Cavani, insists the player is not seeking an exit.

"He feels very comfortable in Italy, and I don't say that to make the fans or the club happy," he told Ovacion. "I say it because that is what he feels, because it is the truth."

However, he acknowledged that "because football is a business" his son may be sold, adding: "If he is, it seems that his future will be in Spain."

Spanish newspaper Sport claimed Madrid have reached an agreement to sign Cavani, but the forward responded to Ovacion: "Until there is a signature, nothing is certain."

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis suggested Cavani could still stay at the club, with Rafa Benitez expected to be appointed as new coach.

"He is worshipped and respected here," he told Sportmediaset. "With a new coach coming in, he can achieve his goals over the next two years."

Doesn't look like we're getting Cavani.

Maybe he meant Chelsea's first official contact with Cavani, not a first official contact for Cavani in this window from anyone.

Ah, that would be the point. Thanks.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/208977.html

Doesn't look like we're getting Cavani.

It is an old story I believe. I would like to see Cavani's father reaction if 30/40 + millions bid has been made for his son. :Goober:

It is an old story I believe. I would like to see Cavani's father reaction if 30/40 + millions bid has been made for his son. :Goober:

Was posted on the 25th.

Was posted on the 25th.

Exactly, I consider it as an "old" story. By the time, it seems nobody make an official offer for Cavani. And after reading that article we can assume he is not interested going anywhere, except Spain.

Just take a look at this news several hours ago =>

Cavani ignoring talk of Napoli departure

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1461503/cavani-ignoring-talk-napoli-departure?cc=4716

Napoli striker Edinson Cavani plays down talk of a move away from the club

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12962/8738427/Napoli-striker-Edinson-Cavani-plays-down-talk-of-a-move-away-from-the-club

I will highlight this sentences :

“Real Madrid, Chelsea and [Manchester] City are interested in me? I just think about Napoli,” he told Ovacion Digital.

"If an important offer were to come in, I will talk with president De Laurentiis."

Now, if Jose make a bid for him with a large amount of money and convince him to join us, I believe the possibility is still there at the moment. 2 or 3 days ago it seems he will only gone to Spain, today the situation has changed. That's what I'm trying to say.

Just another Twitter thingy, would be going nuts if this comes

"@ChelsTransfer: #CFC have made an official approach for Cavani with a meeting scheduled in Napoli tomorrow between President, club officials & player's reps"

Please, just make it happen.. :cfc:

Just another Twitter thingy, would be going nuts if this comes

"@ChelsTransfer: #CFC have made an official approach for Cavani with a meeting scheduled in Napoli tomorrow between President, club officials & player's reps"

very interesting, they just posted this a few days back, seems like that is true, however if we stump up the full 63m then we activate the release clause and theyd be forced to accept.-

Chelsea have submitted a €47m bid for Cavani but Napoli want Torres to be included in any deal. Roman Abramovich does not want to sell #CFC

Perhaps I have to ask you back what makes you so sure we have made a bid? I think we haven't made a bid for him. There is no way Aurelio De Laurentiis not saying anything to media, if there was 30+ millions offer has been made.

Fair enough, you could be right.

I guess i'm just hoping the club recognises our need for a top quality striker (no offence to Lukaku, love the big guy and hope he will be great for us), and since both Falcao and Lewandoski look like goners, i'm hoping they are pursuing the one big target left.

I guess i've been scarred by this last season where we began with our star striker as Nando.

And I REALLY don't want City getting Cavani.

I am happy Madrid are looking to spend 75 million euros on Bale. This will hopefully mean they won't go after Cavani. I think it's going to come down to City and us. There are no other teams. Monaco just signed Falcao, PSG has Ibra, and even if he decides to leave I don't think they can really compete with us.

Our superior record in the Champions League plus the fact that we have Mourinho as our manager will surely convince him to choose us over City.

Fair enough, you could be right.

I guess i'm just hoping the club recognises our need for a top quality striker (no offence to Lukaku, love the big guy and hope he will be great for us), and since both Falcao and Lewandoski look like goners, i'm hoping they are pursuing the one big target left.

I guess i've been scarred by this last season where we began with our star striker as Nando.

And I REALLY don't want City getting Cavani.

I believe, we are all here feel the same, mate. :)

Hopefully that news about we have made an official approach is not fake.

very interesting, they just posted this a few days back, seems like that is true, however if we stump up the full 63m then we activate the release clause and theyd be forced to accept.-

@ChelsTransfer25 May

Chelsea have submitted a 47m bid for Cavani but Napoli want Torres to be included in any deal. Roman Abramovich does not want to sell #CFC

Lol if that is actually true. It's not true, but still lol.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You