Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Not gonna lie and pretend I won't be happy with this signing but the money should be spent in midfield and defence to a lesser extend, you know, the areas that NEED significant improvement. Maybe Roman intends to spend 120 million, I dunno.

I think we have to be fair to RVP and look at each injury he suffered - they weren't considered problem injuries, or ones likely to recur. What RVP did have was a good recent record in the Premier League, something Cavani doesn't. In fact outside of Napoli (Palermo and Uruguay) his record is fairly average, but there are other factors that are associated with that.

Saying we'll get the better bargain before you know the price or how he'll handle this league is fucking ridiculous though, isn't it?

I stated if its 45-50mil pounds then its the better deal

Casiraghi-Who is he, never even heard of him

He was a Chelsea player.

Have we ever bought a player best in their position before?

No. We made Cech the best in the world, and we made Terry the best in the world, and we made Lamps the best in the world, and we'll make Hazard the best in the world.

Buying the 'best player in the world' (which it's debatable if he is - if we were strongly linked with Falcao or Lewandowski then I think they'd magically become better) is expensive and not a long-term policy. What's far more exciting is watching players develop over time.

But I'm looking forward to seeing Cavani come off the bench and giving Lukaku a rest.

For that amount of money, people will give him the benefit of the doubt in his first season. But if he, likes Torres, doesn't score a minimum of 30 goals in his second season, he'll be condemned to the scrap heap to join the long list of ruined strikers this club has blown millions on. Let's be fair, people were unhappy with 23 goals from Torres, so anything less than that from Cavani and there will be anarchy in SW6.

Before knowing how well he performs in this league? Still fucking ridiculous.

That isn't fair. Torres was a decent performer in the league for Liverpool even though he went downhill - his stats for Liverpool are insane but he was still a flop. You just can't write off someone who's been top scorer in Italy for two consecutive seasons like that.

For that amount of money, people will give him the benefit of the doubt in his first season. But if he, likes Torres, doesn't score a minimum of 30 goals in his second season, he'll be condemned to the scrap heap to join the long list of ruined strikers this club has blown millions on. Let's be fair, people were unhappy with 23 goals from Torres, so anything less than that from Cavani and there will be anarchy in SW6.

even his 23 goals came against shit teams.

Is there a better #9 in world football currently? Falcao is a better finisher but not better at anything else. Lewandowski is better at link up play but not finishing, heading or work rate. Van Persie doesn't have the work rate, pace or heading skills to compare with this sexy South American guy who resembles Dracula.

I genuinely think despite his awful National Team performances, if we sign him, we are signing the best striker in the world. Have we ever bought a player best in their position before? Or at least their role? Essien comes to mind but I think that's literally it. All our other signings were either prospects when we signed them (Hazard, Drogba, Lampard) or past it (Torres, Shevchenko(?) etc.)

I'm sure most of us would like Lukaku to have the biggest chance at succeeding as possible, but you can't not get excited over this surely.

I don't give a fuck about his work rate to be honest. Drogba was one of the laziest bastards I've ever seen in my life, especially 2 or 3 seasons ago, but he provided the goods then so it doesn't matter for me. Why care about a strikers work rate? If they can score goals and help others score goals fuck their work rate.

I don't give a fuck about his work rate to be honest. Drogba was one of the laziest bastards I've ever seen in my life, especially 2 or 3 seasons ago, but he provided the goods then so it doesn't matter for me. Why care about a strikers work rate? If they can score goals and help others score goals fuck their work rate.

Fernando Torres likes this

How the fuck has he treated Chelsea like shit ? Any player in world football you ask about Madrid would say they dream to play for them, except Barca homegrown players. The other day he said he could not turn chelsea down.

Like I said, many people hate him because he didn't say his dream is to play for Chelsea or become a club legend like Lukaku :halo:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You