Wesley Sneijder

Milan

He's been average since Mourinho left Milano.

Internazionale has been average since Mourinho left. Inter are in exactly the same position as us but with no money. Too many inexperienced youth and too many over the hill stars.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Internazionale has been average since Mourinho left. Inter are in exactly the same position as us but with no money. Too many inexperienced youth and too many over the hill stars.

Spike do you wish to retract this statement 6 months later lol :D

• 4 months later...

Reading an article on TalkSport about him.

Apparently Sneidjer thinks hes fit enough to play for Inter right now but Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni believes his fitness levels aren't at an appropriate level, which has led to reports hes clashed with Stramaccioni and could be on his way out of Inter. Anzhi are apparently going to make a 25 million bid in January then Inter are going to try and sign Willian from Shaktar as his replacement. Well I'm guessing this is what "Inter de Milão deve ir atrás de Willian (Shakhtar Donetsk), para o lugar de Sneijder. Jogador brasileiro é o grande sonho de Massimo Moratti" means anyway. Seen that on twitter, maybe some Portuguese speaker could help me out here?

Anyway we need a midfielder, who is capable of playing as a deep lying playmaker in the pivot, so why not Sneijder? I'm sure he'd make the adjustment more than easily, in fact I'm sure hes played as a CM for Holland and Inter a few times. He'd cost a bit though but I'm sure he'd come to Chelsea over Anzhi. His passing is incredible plus he can sure take a freekick and chip in with goals.

http://www.talksport...sneijder-185196

Reading an article on TalkSport about him.

Apparently Sneidjer thinks hes fit enough to play for Inter right now but Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni believes his fitness levels aren't at an appropriate level, which has led to reports hes clashed with Stramaccioni and could be on his way out of Inter. Anzhi are apparently going to make a 25 million bid in January then Inter are going to try and sign Willian from Shaktar as his replacement. Well I'm guessing this is what "Inter de Milão deve ir atrás de Willian (Shakhtar Donetsk), para o lugar de Sneijder. Jogador brasileiro é o grande sonho de Massimo Moratti" means anyway. Seen that on twitter, maybe some Portuguese speaker could help me out here?

Anyway we need a CM, who is capable of playing as a deep lying playmaker in the pivot, so why not Sneijder? I'm sure he'd make the adjustment more than easily, in fact I'm sure hes played as a CM for Holland and Inter a few times. He'd cost a bit though but I'm sure he'd come to Chelsea over Anzhi.

http://www.talksport...sneijder-185196

I like Sneijder but he hasn't been good since the 2010 World Cup. Besides, he really struggles as CM because his defensive output is pathetic. He is a CAM, that is all, he can't play out wide, he can't play deep. When José was at Inter every single player save for Sneijder was expected to put in a massive defensive shift.

He was Netherland's best player at the Euros though.

I like Sneijder but he hasn't been good since the 2010 World Cup. Besides, he really struggles as CM because his defensive output is pathetic. He is a CAM, that is all, he can't play out wide, he can't play deep. When José was at Inter every single player save for Sneijder was expected to put in a massive defensive shift.

He was Netherland's best player at the Euros though.

Thats the only problem I could think of. His defensive contribution isn't that great... he has all the right technical skills to be a deep lying playmaker with his long passes and quick speed of thought but as you said he isn't great at helping out defensively... so I have come to the conclusion that is "damn you Wesley Sneijder... damn you and your lack of defensive ability :("

Thats the only problem I could think of. His defensive contribution isn't that great... he has all the right technical skills to be a deep lying playmaker with his long passes and quick speed of thought but as you said he isn't great at helping out defensively... so I have come to the conclusion that is "damn you Wesley Sneijder... damn you :("

Don't think we need to buy a deep lying playmaker. We've got Oscar who would be a perfect fit and we still have Debruyne.

Don't think we need to buy a deep lying playmaker. We've got Oscar who would be a perfect fit and we still have Debruyne.

Eddie Newton said that Oscar is able to play in the pivot but hes not ready for it yet so Sneijder would maybe have been a good alternative for a while until hes ready. Also I don't think De Bruyne will play in the pivot, I think he will play in the 3 behind the striker as he did in pre-season. He'd could maybe play there though but I don't know.

Sneijder? out of form+ high wages+ injury prone+in his late 20s. Seriously what is to like?

If we go after another CAM i would recommend Lewis Holtby. His contract runs out in the summer, and wants to play in England.

I really enjoy watching Schalke play, and Holtby is their best player and he has been one of the best player in Bundesliga this season in fact. In any case i would like to sign him so no other English club does.

Eddie Newton said that Oscar is able to play in the pivot but hes not ready for it yet so Sneijder would maybe have been a good alternative for a while until hes ready. Also I don't think De Bruyne will play in the pivot, I think he will play in the 3 behind the striker as he did in pre-season. He'd could maybe play there though but I don't know.

Well..eventually either Oscar or De Bruyne will have to play in the pivot (assuming we keep the 4-2-3-1 formation and we don't sign a new CM/DM).

I think that was in the beginning of the season that Eddie Newton said that ?

I don't think it's that much different for Oscar. He'll have to keep doing what he's doing but just do it from a deeper position and also think a little bit more defensively.

Also RDM should really start playing Oscar in the pivot. If Oscar is to learn how to play as a DLP he'll have to play there so he can gain experience.

Sneijder might have been an option but he's to old, to high wages and doesn't contribute enough defensively to play as a DLP.

Debruyne is capable of playing as a DLP but he would require a little bit more work.

• 1 month later...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1277446&cc=4716

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri

Here the big market news:Sneijder agreed deal with Tottenham,and ready to move London asap.Waiting for Inter and Spurs to agree terms

Reports spreading in Italy that Sneijder could well be joining Spurs in January!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1277446&cc=4716

Reports spreading in Italy that Sneijder could well be joining Spurs in January!

Wow, how would their lineup look like??

Adebayor--Defoe

Bale - Sneijder - Dembele - Lennon

Vertonghen - Caulker - Dawson - Walker

Lloris

Pretty strong sqaud if you ask me...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You