Wesley Sneijder

Milan

Undisputed best played in the world from 2009 to 2010. Along with Milito dragged Inter to a Italian football's first treble and single handedly dragged the Netherlands to the World Cup final. If Mou can get this Sneijder again, I'll be extremely happy. Sneijder was probably one of my favourite players for a long while, that's how good Sneijder was for a period. But if Mou gets that tattooed freak that has replaced Sneijder I won't be.

Yes, please.

Wesley-Sneijder-Inter-Milan.jpg

No, thanks.

top.jpg

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetically if we signed him, I wouldn't understand it. He's not a pivot player and he certainly shouldn't start ahead of any of Mazacar unless Oscar moves into the pivot and Sneijder plays along side Mata and Hazard.

However we have KDB for that and even if Sneijder was merely for depth in the AM department it wouldn't make sense as we have plenty of numbers in there. Please don't let this signing go through. Not because of his quality but because we have far more pressing concerns (CF, Winger, Midfielder).

this lookis like totall rubbish. Sounds like sneidjers people are fabricating this; for a higher contract or to force other clubs to come foward. if their was an ounce of truth to this, I would assume mou would try and convert him into a double pivot player. Ussualy your double pivot is a destoryer+ a distrubutor who is good defensivly. Sneidjer could be a distrubtor but hes more geared for that killer pass than control type possesion like luka modric and sneidjer to my knowledge offere nothing defensively.

Another CAM?? hahahaha we just can't get enough!

The guy is 28, so i don't quite think that the bench is where he wants to be. HOWEVER! if he's willing (which i would be if i was in is position) to say come off the bench and start some games, i say go for it. And if you can remember the season he had under JM back in 2010, you know it was straight FIRE! All would really be depending on his attitude and how desperate he is to play in a top league again.

I can see:

Schurrle-Sneijder-Hazard

-----Oscar--Mikel/De Rossi?

Thats a great option to have, and gives us that depth we've been crying out for coupled with the Schurrle signing.

I could see Mata somewhere in there too. :blink:

That will make our pivot even worse than it is right now, putting in someone there who can't even defend at all.

Who's to say Mourinho is going to play a 4 2 3 1 formation!??? He might change things around!

Who's to say Mourinho is going to play a 4 2 3 1 formation!??? He might change things around!

Changing the formation may hide Sneijder defensive problems (assuming we get him) but his best position is ultimately still behind the ST. Play him anywhere else and you won't get the best out of him.

LOL! as if Mourinho is the slightest bit interested in signing Sneijder! Turkish league is his level! one of the most overrated players in the last decade! he would be a good signing for someone like Everton or Swansea! not Chelsea!

LOL! as if Mourinho is the slightest bit interested in signing Sneijder! Turkish league is his level! one of the most overrated players in the last decade! he would be a good signing for someone like Everton or Swansea! not Chelsea!

Yep, that's exactly what I thought when he tore our defence apart with one ball and put Eto'o through on goal....overrated.

Didn't you call Rooney overrated as well, or was that just Kojo? Because if you did I'm thinking we should not be letting you use that word anymore.

Sneijder is a fantastic player in the right system. He's a bit like Mata in the sense that you have to cover a lot of his deficiencies but at the right price he's a fantastic option to have and he's still only 28. Can he play the pivot? Probably not against teams who will look to counter-attack but he would be cover for Mata (if Oscar is used deeper or wide) and he could be a fantastic deep-lying playmaker in matches where we dominate possession.

He's best utilized behind the striker as an AM, so where would he fit in? It's not like we're short in that position or anything. No thanks. We have a ton of players we need to buy on a not unlimited budget (this isn't FM), so we could actually start looking for an actual deep-lying midfielder for starters.

Yep, that's exactly what I thought when he tore our defence apart with one ball and put Eto'o through on goal....overrated.

Didn't you call Rooney overrated as well, or was that just Kojo? Because if you did I'm thinking we should not be letting you use that word anymore.

Sneijder is a fantastic player in the right system. He's a bit like Mata in the sense that you have to cover a lot of his deficiencies but at the right price he's a fantastic option to have and he's still only 28. Can he play the pivot? Probably not against teams who will look to counter-attack but he would be cover for Mata (if Oscar is used deeper or wide) and he could be a fantastic deep-lying playmaker in matches where we dominate possession.

LOOOOOOOL!!!

he has had 1 good year in his entire career (2010)!!! since leaving the mickey mouse league in Holland! how is he not overrated! haha! so your argument is because he set up Eto'o against us that makes him not overrated? haha please tell me your not serious!

There is a reason why Man Unietd never signed him, and why he is now playing in turkey! because he isnt good enough to play for a top team! simple as that. :clown:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You