Wesley Sneijder

Milan

not really he has had like one good season in his entire career! he is one of the most overrated players of the last decade! he would be a massive flop at Spuds! or any PL team!

100% agree! 09/10 was about his only good season! he spent 5 season in holland for Ajax and won 1 league title!!! lol! then at Madrid he was a complete joke and at Inter he has been very unimpressive apart from 09/10 under jose where he was class but apart from that he has not really done anything special!

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they will go and sell him a year later like they did with Van Der Vaart. Idiots.

Spurs dont have the finances to keep paying players massive wages for years so when they have a chance to sell for a profit they do. Bought VDV for 8 million sold him for 11 million 2 years later. Seems good business to me for a 29 yr old. They've been in and around 4th place for 5/6 seasons now so it seems to me they are a welll run club without having to spend massively

Spurs dont have the finances to keep paying players massive wages for years so when they have a chance to sell for a profit they do. Bought VDV for 8 million sold him for 11 million 2 years later. Seems good business to me for a 29 yr old. They've been in and around 4th place for 5/6 seasons now so it seems to me they are a welll run club without having to spend massively

But considering he was one of their most important players, it does not seem to be good business to me because he could easily be the difference between them getting a CL spot or not which would bring them much more than a 3m profit.

Sneijder really hasn't done much for a couple of years, i think he could do with a change from Inter, i don't think they suit his game and Tottenham might. He'll be a star in the prem but i'd rather him not go to a team i hate. I'd wish him good things though because i've always loved him as a player. As long as he doesn't go to Arsenal i'm not fussed. He really could do with a move. He's at peak age too.

But considering he was one of their most important players, it does not seem to be good business to me because he could easily be the difference between them getting a CL spot or not which would bring them much more than a 3m profit.

Like how spurs were a couple missed penalty kicks away from having CL this season?

If Sneijder does go to spurs then they'll be massive favorites to get 4th this season. Unless of course another 6th placed time decides to win the damn thing...

They're highest paid transfer fees are 15/16 million and even that has only been done a few times yet they have constantly been flirting with the top in recent seasons, they'll find a way and once their new stadium is built in 2016 you'll see them splashing on 30 million players like everyone else

Mata has definitely been far better the past 2 seasons and he's younger, so there's really no comparison.

But what Sneijder did that Treble winning season for club and country was just special. His performance at the Bridge, majestic. I can't believe Messi beat him to Ballon d'or that year.

Believe it. Messi and Barcelona have friends in UEFA.

Gabriele Marcotti@Marcotti

Lots asking about Sneijder/Spurs. No specific info, but Inter wd do deal. Huge wages (200k/wk) + long-term deal (2015) cd put some off.

Also not sure Sneijder a natural fit for AVB's tactical approach, especially workrate. THFC wd need to adjust. That said, great player.

Whoever said Sneidjer is one of the most overrated players of the last decade or whatever is off their nut. Sneidjer is one of the finest MF players around right now. If he was fit he'd walk into more or less every team in Europe except Barca/Real and ours because we have too many AMs.

Whoever said Sneidjer is one of the most overrated players of the last decade or whatever is off their nut. Sneidjer is one of the finest MF players around right now. If he was fit he'd walk into more or less every team in Europe except Barca/Real and ours because we have too many AMs.

Maybe two years ago I'd agree with you. In 2010 he was the undisputed best player in the world, dragged the Netherlands to the WC final and was arguably (Milito) the best players in the most successful Internazionale team ever. Ever since then, he has missed a step due to injuries, lots of them. Still a bloody brilliant player, that I'd love to have here as I'm quite sentimental towards him (go back in this topic, you'll see a lot of my posts praising him and begging to sign him). He is not the player he was.

My main gripe with him is that he seems to only love one team. Oranje. When he plays for the Netherlands he is a different beast, I see a passion that is lacking from his club games. He will do anything for Oranje, run his socks off, play out wide, defend, defend, defend. He just simply does not offer that in club football, he is so static. Practically useless unless behind a striker and offers little in defence.

Well I adore Scotland because they win the WC every 4 years.......... basically I would kill for a player of Sneidjers quality to be Scottish.... he dragged Holland to the WC final by himself so surely he'd get us past the qualification haha then some stupid cunt called Craig Levein would fuck it all up by playing a 4-6-0 with no wingers but an additional set of full backs and no striker because hes a tosspot.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You