Wesley Sneijder

Milan

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galatasaray is about his level as i said he is very overrated and not good enough to play for any of the top European teams.

That dies not explain him being Inter's key man during their treble, and being Holland's key man during WC2010. Guess Inter and Holland are just average teams too.

That dies not explain him being Inter's key man during their treble, and being Holland's key man during WC2010. Guess Inter and Holland are just average teams too.

no because as i have said before Sneijder has had 1 good year in his whole career!!! and that was in 2010 apart from that year he has never been anything special at all!

no because as i have said before Sneijder has had 1 good year in his whole career!!! and that was in 2010 apart from that year he has never been anything special at all!

That's what I always say. Sneijder is definitely a good player but he's only enjoyed one world-class season in his entire career. Wes Brown looked like a world-class player in 07/08 but that didn't last either.

Somehow almost every player outdid themself that season. Cèsar, Maicon, Zanetti, Samuel, Maicon, Cambiasso, Motta, Sneijder, Milito were all outstanding, while Eto'o sacrificed personal glory by playing a incredibly selfless role (looked more like a wing-back than a forward). Same with Pandev. Mourinho deserves a lot of credit for that season but they were never gonna keep that up and Mourinho knew that and so left on a high.

If Sneijder wants to move to Turkey, who are we to say no. Not a competition of a high level but being the big fish in a small pond also has it's allures. Good luck to him.

He wasn't just "good" in 2010 though. He was world class in that year, a top 5 player easily. To say that a team like Galatasaray are his level when he has proved that he can be the key man in a team like Inter Milan or Holland is ridiculous.

I've watched Sneijder since his Ajax days and let me tell you, the guy's a brilliant football player IMO, certainly not Galatasaray level. His record speaks for itself there. There's a reason why at the time he was signed for Real he was the second most expensive Dutch transfer ever. He was Ajax's main man (alongside Ibra and VDV) there too.

It didn't work for him at Real due to his injuries, not due to his talents. Subsequentially, when he finally got over his injuries he proved to the world that he is a quality player. He'd be a great signing for someone like Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal - could instantly turn them into a threatening side. I would take him here too if we didn't have as many AM.

You can't say Sneijder isn't quality because he hasn't been 2010 class throughout his whole career. There are obvious external reasons as to why his form dipped after 2010. If he finds the right team and stays injury free, the guy is a phenomenal player.

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You