Luka Modric

DavidEU

Heard we will bid 36 million for him, then AVB will sign Joao Moutinho as a direct replacement along with Spurs completing a deal for Gylfi Sigurdson... How about we just sign Moutinho?

Modric is a proven EPL Player is a big point i think

Modric is a proven EPL Player is a big point i think

But more effective in an attacking midfield position like he was in for Croatia. We need a slightly deeper playing midfielder, Moutinho = perfect choice. Plus he was unreal at the Euros, would be mad not to at least bid for him

But more effective in an attacking midfield position like he was in for Croatia. We need a slightly deeper playing midfielder, Moutinho = perfect choice. Plus he was unreal at the Euros, would be mad not to at least bid for him

Last season when Modric had Parker besides him he got a little more Freedom and with Mikel here i think it will be the same, they could make a great Midfield-partnership.

Moutinho Also played a more offensive role in the Euros compared to Modric in Spurs

And the article says he is worth 50 mill.

Well if that flop of Torres is worth 50 mill, then they are right!

Brilliant logic. So because Torres time at Chelsea has been a disaster, every decent player should go for crazy money. By your logic Falcao and Cavani should go for 60? 80? maybe more.

i really dont get why people cant see that we desperately need a Modric type midfielder more than any other position!!! The reason why we have to park the bus against top teams is because we dont have a midfielder who can sit in front of the back 4, get the ball from the defenders then pick out passes to the front four and basically control games from midfield! we are crying out for a Modric in our team! Lamps and Mikel can always do a job when it comes to parking the bus but when it comes to playing attacking football we would get ripped open on counter attacks with those two their because we wouldn't have that control in midfield that Modric will bring.

we would keep so much possession with him and it will benifit the likes of Mata and Hazard so much as Modric is the type of player who can give them the ball nice and early and in space so they can do their thing! Modric is a must in our team! and if you cant see that then i dont know what to say.

I guess having Ramires and Kalou on the wings had nothing to do with our tactics and parking the bus, because they are so good keeping the ball and as a passer. Btw beside the Bayern and Barca game what other game did we park the bus? Not many teams will have success against them in midfield, in fact they are 1&2 in possession in Europe. We didn't do that bad against Bayern at all, we had 45% possession. Not bad when you consider our players and especially Cech hoofed the ball back to them. It was their intention for Drogba to come down with it.

We hoofed the ball a lot late in the season under RDM but we clearly did not park the bus, and that has nothing to do with Mikel and Lampard retention abilities. It was a effective strategy because of Drogba ability to fight for the ball in the air and make something out of nothing.

The lack of forward quality was the reason for our conservative style, and it is more necessary in the future if we want to play more free flowing football.

A RW like Hulk is what we need.

Pretty much that's it.

We can't play sexy with Meireles or Lampard.

Reason why AVB had such a hart time with these lot! :lol:

Modric being the age he is, won't interfere with Josh. Josh might need two or three seasons before he is worthy to even start in our team like Ryan!

AVB problem was a few, first he idiotically tried to play highline without pressing and we have never been a good pressing team. Second i would argue forwards were more important then midfield for his system. I find his system flawed because it relies too much on forwards play.

Moutinho and Guarin were big part of AVB Porto, but they were detached from attack. It relied too much on Hulk ability to play the final ball and score goals, while with Falcao's amazing goal counts. Without those two he won't have made history.

Those were two of the tactical problems, not going to bother with his players management issues.

Unfortunately, Sturridge has the football brain of Emile Heskey..

We should bite their hand off for £25m plus Sturridge.

Sturridge has shown smart instinctive play in the box and good poaching ability through out his career, surely he is not brainless as Heskey.

He is very selfish though.

Part of me want to see him somewhere else because i am confident he will prove his doubters wrong. I hope he does succeed here but people need to be patent, because after all this was his first full season as a starter at Chelsea.

I also remember Lampard early days, there were so much criticism and doubters.

Modric would be the perfect signing for Chelsea, i would happily see us splash £50m for him he is that good.

He is a good player but the EPL is probably one of the least technical league in Europe, just like your national team. So whenever a player flashes good technical skills they get extremely overrated. I feel any midfielder with quality technical skills would do decent and get quickly over hyped.

Unfortunately, Sturridge has the football brain of Emile Heskey..

We should bite their hand off for £25m plus Sturridge.

I don't understand how that comparison works...Sturridge has the technique and ability but looks to shoot first and pass second. Heskey is not exactly 'dumb'. He just doesn't have the ability, but he still works for the team.

jesus, u guys we survived with kalou now studge is made to be bigger villain! FFS! scores goals and thats prob.

back on topic: we have likes of mierles,mikel,lamps,ramires.

ramires right now who everyone praises has lost starting spot in squad and buying another cm which is needed IMO, only makes the RW only option left for him.

if we buy modric, he commands starting spot with him playin 30+ games minimum which means we need to sell prob mierles. which nobody seems to notice or loan out romeu which hampers his growth.

st

lw-----cam-------rw

modric---mikel

subs: lamps ramires romeu.

People who say that Modric is not needed at Chelsea are either clueless about football or never seen him play. The guy has better technique and creativity than any other Chelsea player (by miles) and contrary to what some people have said he plays great in big games and most recently he was brilliant at the euros againts Italy and Spain (little clip below)

If Chelsea signed him he would take them to another level, there are not many players like him around thats for sure

Teams will kill us with a midfield of Mikel- Modric- Mata- Hazard- Hulk/Marin... this is too weak physically and defensively. that will be horrible to watch. We dont need him. So what if he's brilliant? that doesnt mean we need him in our team.

Yes because Barcelona have the hugest players in the world...

People who say that Modric is not needed at Chelsea are either clueless about football or never seen him play. The guy has better technique and creativity than any other Chelsea player (by miles) and contrary to what some people have said he plays great in big games and most recently he was brilliant at the euros againts Italy and Spain (little clip below)

If Chelsea signed him he would take them to another level, there are not many players like him around thats for sure

No he was not brilliant against Italy, he was not even the best in their midfield Rakitic was, and i could possibly argue Vukojevic was better in their midfield too.

Don't want to sound rude, but saying he was brilliant is a utter joker.

He was good against Italy i will give him that. He put on some neat passes in tight spaces. But on the defensive side Croatia didn't try to be competitive in midfield, they didn't try hard or press to get the ball back.

A brilliant performances are what Moutinho did against against Czech Republic and Spain. In the Spain game he created the same amount of opportunities and equally effective attacking wise, but without looking as flashy. From a defensive standpoint he worked hard, pressed, and man marked his midfielder very effectively. It was a joy seeing him stick to Iniesta like a glue at times. In the Croatia game you couldn't say Modric was the best midfielder on the pitch, because Iniesta was clearly the best player on the pitch and Spain midfield was just dominant. Portugal game was different, you could argue Moutinho was the best player on the pitch. Spain only took control in extra time.

I would rate Modric higher then Moutinho, he is better from an attacking standpoint. I personally believe Modric is more suited as a CAM or as CM in 4-3-3 flat like how we played in the beginning of the season then in a double pivot.Moutinho is much better defensively and work a lot harder for the team.

No doubt Modric would make us a better team, but i don't think anyone is doubting that. It comes down to his price and the opportunity costs. Moutinho would cost half as much and fit our team much better and we have bigger need at RW.

Anyway i still don't see how anyone can call Modric brilliant in big games, hoping for you to give better examples especially better then the Italy one.

I don't know what people mean by saying Modric would take us to a new level. So vague, from a contender standpoint or playing style?

In the Croatia game you couldn't say Modric was the best midfielder on the pitch, because Iniesta was clearly the best player on the pitch and Spain midfield was just dominant.

Well that is simply not true. He was beast against Spain for 80 minutes and was better than whole Spain midfield. He was playing higher for Croatia because there isn't anyone better at AMC position. He is one of the best midfielder in EPL now, on same level as Silva and Mata for sure.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You