Luka Modric

DavidEU

Technique over physical? in the premiership? the hardest toughest league in the world? online forums make me sad sometimes the lack of understanding is incredible, you need a balance between technique and physical, were chelsea and if you havent noticed we arnt going to get every decision our way like cheatalona, manure etc, we need to have a balanced team, and the one posted above while on Fifa would be great in real life would never win a header in midfield to save its life, be bullied off the ball by stronger premiership teams and as man city showed us without a few big players cannot score no matter how much technique and passing is represented on the field, now why spend big money on modric when Josh mceachran could possibly as good in a year or maybe even know, is as defensively minded and is the same size and is HOME GROWN why spend money on something we already have, Mceachran cudnt even get in the side because he's too dam small why would we pay 30-40mil for a player thats more or less the same.

Agree with the above, I don't think we should go for Modric, though I doubt Levy would sell to rival EPL team anyway.

Lets develop what we have, I would love to see Josh McEachran get a chance and to develop. He is a top talent and I would hate so see it go to waste, or go to another club. We have let a few slip through our fingers through not giving them a fair chance.

Mceachran isn't as defensively minded at all, his positioning isn't particularly great. That isn't his fault because he was brought up as a number 10/attacking midfield. The Mceachran debate really does annoy me, he's a very talented kid. Not many players in the PL make it in a top 4 club at the age of 19 especially now. The kid has loads of time on his side

Technique over physical? in the premiership? the hardest toughest league in the world? online forums make me sad sometimes the lack of understanding is incredible, you need a balance between technique and physical, were chelsea and if you havent noticed we arnt going to get every decision our way like cheatalona, manure etc, we need to have a balanced team, and the one posted above while on Fifa would be great in real life would never win a header in midfield to save its life, be bullied off the ball by stronger premiership teams and as man city showed us without a few big players cannot score no matter how much technique and passing is represented on the field, now why spend big money on modric when Josh mceachran could possibly as good in a year or maybe even know, is as defensively minded and is the same size and is HOME GROWN why spend money on something we already have, Mceachran cudnt even get in the side because he's too dam small why would we pay 30-40mil for a player thats more or less the same.

I agree with everything you said except for the part with Josh. I honestly dont think that he should be in the first team the upcoming season. The right decision would be to send him on a loan where he can have lots of playtime. Having him in the first team would give him little playtime and thats not good for his development. Loan him out asap!

I also understand your PoV when it comes to playstyle, technique and pshysicality. Although you have to look at the type of players that are currently in Chelsea. We're not the old Chelsea now and playing football with more technique, quickness etc is a MUST especially with Drogba gone. With that said, we still need to cover our asses and I believe we should have big and solid players as DM and I honestly dont want Modric after thinking about it, he will be too expensive plus id rather have someone like Mikel but with better passing and better movement.

HOWEVER, we can disuss all we want here, it all comes down to what the idea of RDM is; what formation will be used, what tactics, whats the plan and idea? Depending on that some transfers can make sense or be totally idiotic. It also depends on which players we release/sell. At the moment we've got a shitload of midfielders so it mostly depends on what happens to them.

I agree with everything you said except for the part with Josh. I honestly dont think that he should be in the first team the upcoming season. The right decision would be to send him on a loan where he can have lots of playtime. Having him in the first team would give him little playtime and thats not good for his development. Loan him out asap!

I also understand your PoV when it comes to playstyle, technique and pshysicality. Although you have to look at the type of players that are currently in Chelsea. We're not the old Chelsea now and playing football with more technique, quickness etc is a MUST especially with Drogba gone. With that said, we still need to cover our asses and I believe we should have big and solid players as DM and I honestly dont want Modric after thinking about it, he will be too expensive plus id rather have someone like Mikel but with better passing and better movement.

HOWEVER, we can disuss all we want here, it all comes down to what the idea of RDM is; what formation will be used, what tactics, whats the plan and idea? Depending on that some transfers can make sense or be totally idiotic. It also depends on which players we release/sell. At the moment we've got a shitload of midfielders so it mostly depends on what happens to them.

Dont get me wrong i agree i dont think Josh should be in the squad, what am saying is if everyone wants modric to play so badly why not just play josh instead more or less the same player bar a few year more experience, i would not personally go with either tho at the present time, and i know were changing but look at the team in the late 90's early 2000's chelsea especially during De Matteo's time as player at chelsea, it was an attacking "sexy football" as anyone would want with still strong able players, and i realise we can discuss it all we want and it dose not matter but ofc then why a forum at all :P

Anyway i have complete faith in RDM to get this shit done right and only time will tell at the end of the day!

Rare to see people with some common sense in this fourm... its nice. But i know next page some members will continue to masterbate on a line up of 11 midgets.

YouNameIt, the player you are looking for is Yann M'vila. If we are looking for another midfielder it has to be him, we could get him.

Torres

Hazard------ Mata------------ Hulk

--------------Ramires

Modric------------------

A.Cole-------Cahil----------D.Luiz---------Ivanovic

Cech

:fainthv9:

I would probably choose Mikel over Ramires. Mikel is better defensively. Rotate Ramires in against weaker sides.

Torres

Hazard------ Mata------------ Hulk

--------------Ramires

Modric------------------

A.Cole-------Cahil----------D.Luiz---------Ivanovic

Cech

:fainthv9:

Im confused here, are people dropping big JT, becuase of the court case, or are people actually dropping him. Because if they are then i am completely astounded. In a couple of years it will be more understandable, but for me there is no way ever that he will EVER be dropped for david luiz this season.

Also that midfield is great in attack, but i would rather we have a solid defensive midfielder in there with modric as that team will be way too attacking and cause lots of pressure on the counter attack. Ramires is amazing (no doubt), but with modric moving all over the place being the player maker, we cant really have him moving on up and he isn't great defensively. So mikel may have to come in, or SUPER FRANK.

And i think people are getting overly worked up over having a small team. It is not exactly that small to be fair. Mata and hazard being the only players under 5'9, with torres being 6 foot and hulk being 5'11. We don't have drogba so wont be the powerhouse in attack though Cahill, terry and ivan will be strong and will be a big ariel threat from corners. Also Hulk isn't that tall but is pretty solid (hence the name), though as i said someone like mikel shouldn't get bullied of the ball, (liverpool match being an exception).

Levy will be the only problem, he has come out publicly and said he won't sell to us which is sad cause modric is an awesome player but I think we must tell levy to go screw himself and go after moutinho for 32 mil

dont think he's comin the more i think of our situation. just think that the board lookin elsewhere cuzwe have gaping hole on rw also.

modric-35mill

rw-25mill jovetic or 30+ mill hulj

and rb-8mill

hazard and marin-40mill combined

why not take likin to rodwell, or dembele, or fellaini. they are NOWHERE near modric level i know but if we truly want to buy hulk and get cm then the board will look best options available and lower price no? just cuz we won UCL doenst mean we're gona buy 3 30+mill players in ONE WINDOW!! (modric, hulk hazard)

any one of players i mention replace benyouan, mierles, and essien. wouldnt u agree? not at as good as modric but well enough and because at lower age they can still grow and better their game.

just my thoughts, because gettin little silly idea of 90+mill transfer window.

its either cheap rw expensive cm

or cheap cm and expensive rw.

thats what i believe the board will do, i would take cheap rw (jovetic) cheap cm (anyone) but i know Chelsea want to felx financial muscles which doesnt hurt hahahaha

dont think he's comin the more i think of our situation. just think that the board lookin elsewhere cuzwe have gaping hole on rw also.

modric-35mill

rw-25mill jovetic or 30+ mill hulj

and rb-8mill

hazard and marin-40mill combined

why not take likin to rodwell, or dembele, or fellaini. they are NOWHERE near modric level i know but if we truly want to buy hulk and get cm then the board will look best options available and lower price no? just cuz we won UCL doenst mean we're gona buy 3 30+mill players in ONE WINDOW!! (modric, hulk hazard)

any one of players i mention replace benyouan, mierles, and essien. wouldnt u agree? not at as good as modric but well enough and because at lower age they can still grow and better their game.

just my thoughts, because gettin little silly idea of 90+mill transfer window.

its either cheap rw expensive cm

or cheap cm and expensive rw.

thats what i believe the board will do, i would take cheap rw (jovetic) cheap cm (anyone) but i know Chelsea want to felx financial muscles which doesnt hurt hahahaha

Just for the record, Jovetic will not be cheap, nor is he even a rw.

he can play there, was studge rw?? exactly. and 22mill or in that are is cheap compared to our 35mill bids for modric or hulk.

He can be trained there - but in all likelihood he won't be as effective as he could be in his primary position. And where are reports that he will go for 22mill? The only gossip I remember reading was that Fiorentina denied a 25mill offer. Once it's more than 25, there is no way it can be called cheap.

He can be trained there - but in all likelihood he won't be as effective as he could be in his primary position. And where are reports that he will go for 22mill? The only gossip I remember reading was that Fiorentina denied a 25mill offer. Once it's more than 25, there is no way it can be called cheap.

okay, but u said gossip, so where's the truth in that. whatever the price is its cheaper than hulks by mile.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You