Luka Modric

DavidEU

No he was not brilliant against Italy, he was not even the best in their midfield Rakitic was, and i could possibly argue Vukojevic was better in their midfield too.

Don't want to sound rude, but saying he was brilliant is a utter joker.

He was good against Italy i will give him that. He put on some neat passes in tight spaces. But on the defensive side Croatia didn't try to be competitive in midfield, they didn't try hard or press to get the ball back.

A brilliant performances are what Moutinho did against against Czech Republic and Spain. In the Spain game he created the same amount of opportunities and equally effective attacking wise, but without looking as flashy. From a defensive standpoint he worked hard, pressed, and man marked his midfielder very effectively. It was a joy seeing him stick to Iniesta like a glue at times. In the Croatia game you couldn't say Modric was the best midfielder on the pitch, because Iniesta was clearly the best player on the pitch and Spain midfield was just dominant. Portugal game was different, you could argue Moutinho was the best player on the pitch. Spain only took control in extra time.

I would rate Modric higher then Moutinho, he is better from an attacking standpoint. I personally believe Modric is more suited as a CAM or as CM in 4-3-3 flat like how we played in the beginning of the season then in a double pivot.Moutinho is much better defensively and work a lot harder for the team.

No doubt Modric would make us a better team, but i don't think anyone is doubting that. It comes down to his price and the opportunity costs. Moutinho would cost half as much and fit our team much better and we have bigger need at RW.

Anyway i still don't see how anyone can call Modric brilliant in big games, hoping for you to give better examples especially better then the Italy one.

I don't know what people mean by saying Modric would take us to a new level. So vague, from a contender standpoint or playing style?

You don't think Modric has been great in big games? well i am sorry but then you simply have not watched Spurs play over the last 3 seasons. I have watched just about every one of their games and apart from his poor performance in Champions League v Real (Mourinho had him tightly man marked) he was regularly outstanding every time he played againts the best team. Every time i remember Spurs playing v Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea he was Tottenhams best player and usualy the best player on the pitch. These clips do not do him full justice but are worth a look:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfiae8_modric-vs-inter-comp-02-11-2010_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd1dkf_luka-modriy-vs-chelsea_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgo03o_luka-modriy-vs-manchester-united_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8n4f2_luka-modriy-vs-manchester-united-ca_sport

There were plenty more videos of his great performance but they were taken down. My point is that Modric has regularly been excellent when playing againts the big boys so people saying that does not perform on big stage are very wrong indeed

Yes because Barcelona have the hugest players in the world...

Oh... so this is what you all want...i forgot, to be like Barcelona. This forum is a disgrace. We are Chelsea ffs. have some pride you bunch of fairy telling idiots...

Never mind, i hate you guys. what an horrible forum this is.

I would hate to see who they buy with that cash. We could be potentially making them better.

They'd probably spend a good chunk of it buying Adebayor permanently, restructuring Van der Vaart's contract to make him stay, and going after another cheap striker and Modric replacement.

Oh... so this is what you all want...i forgot, to be like Barcelona. This forum is a disgrace. We are Chelsea ffs. have some pride you bunch of fairy telling idiots...

Never mind, i hate you guys. what an horrible forum this is.

Please elaborate on how a Modric - Mikel partnership would get run over? I'd love to see your reasoning behind it, instead of insulting this forum and calling everyone idiots. Go ahead, explain your point if you're not the idiot yourself.

Looking like that RB may be Maicon which is awesome :D Hazard, Hulk, Maicon and Modric all in one window? No-one would have predicted that.

Im not too excited about Maicon though, not that he's not a great player but Id rather see us go for someone younger.

Im not too excited about Maicon though, not that he's not a great player but Id rather see us go for someone younger.

Not possible. No young player will move to Chelsea to become 2nd choice and hinder their growth. Maicon is the absolutely PERFECT player considering his circumstances. He is exactly what we need for RB.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You