Bournemouth 0-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

I don't get shit like this. 

If Doku came here he would have 20 appearances and have Chilwell starting over him. 

If Haaland was here, people would be saying we overpaid. 

I'm not kidding. We have some of the best players in the world at their positions. The quicker you realise it is a tactics, culture and lack of continuity problem rather than player, you'll feel a bit calmer - knowing that if we get it right, it will start clicking quickly after we get it. 

Agree. Plug in one Mudryk at city and he would be scoring for fun there. But give Pep a squad full of 20 nudryks, maduekes, lavias, Caicedos and nothing else and they would be relegated 

This squad we have is full of potential and talent but as of right now  little quality and experience . That is why even with an arguably better manager we will have a similarly frustrating season as last. Can easily see us have 3 more midtable finishes ahead until the overall leadership, culture and strategy at this club changes. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I don't get shit like this. 

If Doku came here he would have 20 appearances and have Chilwell starting over him. 

If Haaland was here, people would be saying we overpaid. 

I'm not kidding. We have some of the best players in the world at their positions. The quicker you realise it is a tactics, culture and lack of continuity problem rather than player, you'll feel a bit calmer - knowing that if we get it right, it will start clicking quickly after we get it. 

Best players in the world at their positions? 

Are you a FM Manager by any chance?

Apart from Sterling, which 'attacker' at the club would start for a top 4 side right now?    Which top 4 side is putting Sanchez as their starting GK? 

It's not about getting it right or wrong, it's about having an unhealthy balance of youngsters in the team and expecting them to go out there each week and win immediately.  Some of these players may not come good until they've played 2 seasons here and by that time, they will probably be keen on jumping ship to another side that can offer them immediate path to success. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Agree. Plug in one Mudryk at city and he would be scoring for fun there. But give Pep a squad full of 20 nudryks, maduekes, lavias, Caicedos and nothing else and they would be relegated 

This squad we have is full of potential and talent but as of right now  little quality and experience . That is why even with an arguably better manager we will have a similarly frustrating season as last. Can easily see us have 3 more midtable finishes ahead until the overall leadership, culture and strategy at this club changes. 

The point is Pep would never agree to sign 20 youngsters and babysit them for 2-3 seasons hoping they become class. 

When Pep wanted a GK, he got Ederson, when he needed a CB to lead the defence, he got Dias and now Gvardiol, when he needed a class midfielder, he got De Bruyne, Silva, Rodri and then topped it all off with the alient up front and his Argentinian sidekick in Alvarez. 

Feel like Poch didn't have a strong enough voice to tell the board that he needed some experience in midfield/attack to help push these youngsters and get some immediate wins.

44 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The point is Pep would never agree to sign 20 youngsters and babysit them for 2-3 seasons hoping they become class. 

When Pep wanted a GK, he got Ederson, when he needed a CB to lead the defence, he got Dias and now Gvardiol, when he needed a class midfielder, he got De Bruyne, Silva, Rodri and then topped it all off with the alient up front and his Argentinian sidekick in Alvarez. 

Feel like Poch didn't have a strong enough voice to tell the board that he needed some experience in midfield/attack to help push these youngsters and get some immediate wins.

The lack of leadership in the starting 11 is harming us big time at the moment. 

My only hope is James makes a return soon, and we can build a foundation at the back with him and Enzo, and power through the fixtures until Nkunku returns.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I'm down to the idea that most City players are interchangeable, but dunno; maybe I'm reading that Mudryk is as good as Grealish, the one-job guy. 🙂 even though that's a very low bar in my book, I don't think he is tho. I'm far from a Grealish fan, but don't think Mudryk is anywhere near that level atm. Fodden would be freaking Eden for us right now... Haaland... come on. 😆 Next folks will say Mbappe wouldn't improve the squad.

I just don't see this quality folks see. I see good players: some still way early in their career, some physically underdeveloped, for ex, and likely some who will never be good enough.

I just don't see that many players who would be sure starters, as in give a competitive advantage, over the players other big clubs have. Best players in every position? who exactly? I count one (Enzo), maybe two (James when fit).

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Best players in the world at their positions? 

Are you a FM Manager by any chance?

Apart from Sterling, which 'attacker' at the club would start for a top 4 side right now?    Which top 4 side is putting Sanchez as their starting GK? 

Yes. 

Is Enzo not one of the best in the world at his position? Yes. 

Caceido? Yes. 

Reece James? Yes. 

I'd put a few of our CB's in that convo as well. 

48 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yes. 

Is Enzo not one of the best in the world at his position? Yes. 

Caceido? Yes. 

Reece James? Yes. 

I'd put a few of our CB's in that convo as well. 

Enzo, one of the best yes. James, yes when he can play.
Caicedo, nope not yet only if you consider hype/potential and price tag.
Disagree on the CBs, average at best for me atm. Would def say Chilwell is above average tho, despite the criticism here.

You listed 3 players out of 11 tho. The team has very glaring gaping holes (CAM/LW/GK) not to mention the bets, and football is all about the weakest link (plural in our case).

Also good luck keeping Enzo and James without CL.

33 minutes ago, milka said:

Can we ruin another weekend with another horrific performance  with 5 defenders at least 3 def mid and Chilwell LW

That’s the worst, man..

Managers and players come-and-go, but we still push 3-5-2 with Gallagher, and hiding many freshly purchased expensive gems on the bench..

At least let us see they are trying to change and improve.