Bournemouth 0-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Sanchez 

Gusto        Disasi             Colwill        Silva     Chilwell 

Badiashille          Chalobah 

Fofana                   RJ                   

Cucurella 

11 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I dread these games nowadays against relegation fodder, mind you I dread our games against anybody🤐

Same, feels like a car crash waiting to happen. Those games when we almost were guaranteed 3 points seem a long way off now

With Ben’s recent interview about being a LW, I would be surprised if we move from the 3 x CB. I feel as though we’re in a similar position as Conte at Chelsea but in reverse of course, we need to go back to the preseason formation, I was so excited watching that playstyle, it was quality.

Petrovic 

Gusto      Silva             Colwil      Chilly

Ugo

Enzo               Caicedo

Palmer           Jackson            Sterling

It's that simple. 

On 08/09/2023 at 17:53, DDA said:

Petrovic 

Gusto      Silva             Colwil      Chilly

Ugo

Enzo               Caicedo

Palmer           Jackson            Sterling

It's that simple. 

Is there really a need for that midfield when we know Bournemouth are going to park it? 

37 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Is there really a need for that midfield when we know Bournemouth are going to park it? 

What's wrong with that midfield?? Too defensive you mean?? I think that's the only midfield combination we have worth fielding. Who else can we put in there?? Gallagher?? 

Anyone else just not seeing any signs of optimism for the rest of 2023?

Poch evidently got rattled after Nkunku's injury, and has thrown away everything he built on in preseason. He's following in his predecessors footsteps in always fielding more than 4 defenders (even against relegation clubs and at home)  and the team now shows the same disjointed attacking play we saw under Potter. We are failing to beat sides in what is our easy fixture schedule, and yet we still have Spurs, Arsenal, Brighton, United, City, and Newcastle waiting for us in November/December. 

Truth be told I'm already fearing the worse and a defeat here will cement that. 

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Anyone else just not seeing any signs of optimism for the rest of 2023?

I only see two sources of optimism:

1. The underlying stats suggest we are much better than results so far, over time our average results should start to line up with them

2. Poch has transformed Sterling back into the player we bought, and all of the players are publicly singing his praises - maybe, given time, he will bring a lot of these players to peak form

There are however many many points for pessimism and this season could become incredibly frustrating.

I have the sad feeling that Poch will put out an unaltered lineup.

Edited by Mhsc