Bournemouth 0-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Well, it is an interesting move. Don't know what to make of it. Caicedo on the bench...

Caicedo apparently arrived too late from international duty to be involved. Not even in the bench.

Mudryk / Colwill is actually a pretty good left hand side potentially, imo. Chilwell would want to occupy the same spaces as Mudryk. Colwill will let him cook and try to play him through instead of stepping on his heels. Whether it will actually work is another matter, but I reckon the concept is sound.

24 minutes ago, Stats said:

Bar Chilwell and Palmer, that bench is so bad. I get we have injuries, but that just looks worryingly bad.

Even with them - Palmer hardly a proven player who we can count on - the bench is pretty horrific.

I get we have injuries hut even the starting line up with Mudryk, Gallagher and Ugo (who may be ok who knows never seen him play) looks pretty lightweight.

Just praying Sterling doesn’t pick up an injury or we are FUCKED in attack.

Also why all the “why is he playing Colwill at LB” shit? Jesus 3 or 4 months ago people were saying he can play LB and CB and has to be an integral part of our plans next season as he was as good as any young CB in Europe. So he stays, becomes an integral part of the team (so far) and its why the fuck is Poch using him as a LB? Can’t win 🤣

Edited by OneMoSalah

Madueke is also always injured and why Galla is captain ahead of Enzo and Thiago well Disasi is not a starter for me at the moment either would have seen COLWILL AND THIAGO in the middle and Maatsen on the left.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Personally I think the Colwill at LB experiment is the more interesting/clever of the stuff we've seen so far that is a bit odd on paper. Can totally see the reasoning behind it at least.

I don’t like him out there at all. He has been in that area quite a bit when we’re out of possession and he has struggled in 1v1 situations. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don’t like him out there at all. He has been in that area quite a bit when we’re out of possession and he has struggled in 1v1 situations. 

Chilwell also gets repeatedly cooked in 1v1s defensively by pacy players, and needs help to 2v1 them. Only Malo Gusto in our squad looks like a great 1v1 defender.

So Caicedo does have a small injury apparently.

Why are we so fucking cursed with injuries as a club? No other big club in the world gets as many injuries as we do. And not just any players, but KEY players! We may not even see this new look midfield that we have all been hoping for until we’re already miles and miles out of contention for anything important.