10. Mykhaylo Mudryk

ZAPHOD2319

He was hiding from the ball yesterday against an England team that was below par, confidence is the issue, we've seen it in preseason, vs Liverpool etc he has the ability and attributes, he needs to be coached day in day out at a big club, not a club where he is the focal point of the match. 

8 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

He was hiding from the ball yesterday against an England team that was below par, confidence is the issue, we've seen it in preseason, vs Liverpool etc he has the ability and attributes, he needs to be coached day in day out at a big club, not a club where he is the focal point of the match. 

At some point you have to stop making excuses for the lad. He is doing some of the most amateurish movements, passes, shots on goal, skills, it's close to, if not already embarrassing tbh. 

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

At some point you have to stop making excuses for the lad. He is doing some of the most amateurish movements, passes, shots on goal, skills, it's close to, if not already embarrassing tbh. 

At some point I and we do, sure, I agree and ill do that when he's had the same opportunities afforded to other young players that are now performing at big clubs. As fans we aren't strangers to wanting the best and by proxy bashing the players who aren't performing and if it trickles into next season having a full year under Poch, in the country etc then I'll consider that enough.

After observing Chelsea for some seasons, I realized that Chelsea wants to fix things quickly. People are not patient enough to wait for a stability. New players come. If they don't blend in immediately, we say that they are suck. Everything needs time. 

Maybe, Chelsea fans enjoy the rich atitute too much. Since other teams don't have that kind of money, they are more patient with players and plaeyrs flourish in their system. That's life. 

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Blokes gone mentally, he was fucking woeful against England.

This buy won't ever work out

Was always gonna be a failure. Bought off 4 half decent CL group games.
Probably half or more of all our recent big money youngster gambles will turn out massive busts in the coming months. It’s not even their fault. Our idiot owners treat young players like appreciating assets such as growth stocks. Buy them early, pay over actual value if necessary and watch them blow up. But these are weak gullible kids plugged into a club with little structure, amateurs at every level and a squad full of other gullible kids.   The pressure of the price tag alone would crush most but the haphazard set up of the club will do in the rest 

He just played so far minutes equal to 9 games in Chelsea shirt. And most of the time it was from the bench 10-15mins. I remember he had good game in Leicester away and was benched the next game by Potter. He needs to play 5,6 games in a row full 90mins no matter how he performs. This is what young players need. Don't forget Vini Jr. was very quiet first 2 or 3 seasons in Madrid. 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He just played so far minutes equal to 9 games in Chelsea shirt. And most of the time it was from the bench 10-15mins. I remember he had good game in Leicester away and was benched the next game by Potter. He needs to play 5,6 games in a row full 90mins no matter how he performs. This is what young players need. Don't forget Vini Jr. was very quiet first 2 or 3 seasons in Madrid. 

Sorry, but no player will ever get that at a big club without performing. Poch will be sacked before that 9th game... team has to perform or the manager goes--that's the reality at this level.

We all have to at least agree here that Chelsea is an elite club, and by that I mean from a professional footballer's perspective playing for Chelsea is literally his career goal. There are maybe 7-8 clubs in the world in that category. It's a guarantee of the highest wages and visibility, not to mention a sure call up for the national team.

That's the reason players aren't given time to "develop." If a player needs a whole lot of developing, perhaps he shouldn't be in Chelsea's senior team to begin with?

22 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ridiculous comparison to be honest. Vini had 14 goals & 23 assists in his first 3 seasons at Madrid. Not sure on the minutes but the stats are there and are impressive. For someone coming from Brazil straight to Europe as well at his age - is hardly quiet. Its just above 12 goal involvements per season on average. Mudryk doesn’t even have 37 goal involvements in his whole career (33) and he’s only what a year or less younger than Vini?

Firstly Mudryk is nowhere near, never mind the same level of talent and never will be. Secondly, how many chances has Mudryk had to score or assist when he’s played? There has been countless.

What more do people want the managers to do just keep playing him even if his lack of output and performances don’t improve? His finishing is poor and so is his in game decision making.

Was the same with Werner and people kept saying “perceive he will come good” or “our tactics don’t suit him” and after 2 seasons of suffering his shite we finally sold him. Same with Torres. He isn’t fit to wear the shirt yet, plain and simple, maybe he will be one day but again, I really doubt it. Have seen enough in the half a season he’s been here. Shakhtar took us for a ride and extracted a ridiculous fee for an average player. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ridiculous comparison to be honest. Vini had 14 goals & 23 assists in his first 3 seasons at Madrid. Not sure on the minutes but the stats are there and are impressive. For someone coming from Brazil straight to Europe as well at his age - is hardly quiet. Its just above 12 goal involvements per season on average. Mudryk doesn’t even have 37 goal involvements in his whole career (33) and he’s only what a year or less younger than Vini?

Firstly Mudryk is nowhere near, never mind the same level of talent and never will be. Secondly, how many chances has Mudryk had to score or assist when he’s played? There has been countless.

What more do people want the managers to do just keep playing him even if his lack of output and performances don’t improve? His finishing is poor and so is his in game decision making.

Was the same with Werner and people kept saying “perceive he will come good” or “our tactics don’t suit him” and after 2 seasons of suffering his shite we finally sold him. Same with Torres. He isn’t fit to wear the shirt yet, plain and simple, maybe he will be one day but again, I really doubt it. Have seen enough in the half a season he’s been here. Shakhtar took us for a ride and extracted a ridiculous fee for an average player. 

To be fair to Werner, he wasn't that bad, he at least worked hard and had a good record at Leipzig to suggest that the talent was there. 

Mudryk was linked to Everton for under 30 million when Lamps was over there and that's probably what he was worth.    Putting down a 70 million investment in a player that doesn't really offer anything other than running in a straight line was a stupid idea to begin with.   Compare that to Liverpool getting creators/goalscorers in Diaz, Jota, Gakpo.  

No wonder why we're in the midst of a mid table battle yet our rivals are all trying to get European football next season. 

5 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

To be fair to Werner, he wasn't that bad, he at least worked hard and had a good record at Leipzig to suggest that the talent was there. 

Mudryk was linked to Everton for under 30 million when Lamps was over there and that's probably what he was worth.    Putting down a 70 million investment in a player that doesn't really offer anything other than running in a straight line was a stupid idea to begin with.   Compare that to Liverpool getting creators/goalscorers in Diaz, Jota, Gakpo.  

No wonder why we're in the midst of a mid table battle yet our rivals are all trying to get European football next season. 

Oh Werner would fit that left wing just fine right now. His movement and contribution to the team was always under-appreciated.

There is something off with Mudry's game and I don't think it's just mentality, unfortunately. His first touch lets him down at times, and that is really scary to see at this level. We all hope he improves, so to at least become an option in attack eventually.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Oh Werner would fit that left wing just fine right now. His movement and contribution to the team was always under-appreciated.

There is something off with Mudry's game and I don't think it's just mentality, unfortunately. His first touch lets him down at times, and that is really scary to see at this level. We all hope he improves, so to at least become an option in attack eventually.

Mudryk will turn 23 this season, he is not some kid, he will not improve one iota without playing regularly and he is too bad and shot of confidence to be trusted as demonstrated today. He has dug himself into hole and only he can get himelf out there but I strongly doubt he has the ability to do so. He was a bogus buy to begin with and massively overpaying on him has not helped him at all.

It might be of some solace that Werner also continued his career journey downhill. His constant misses have shot his confidence long term and even though he has scored a bit more in weak Bundesliga, he has become obsolete at Leipzig as well.

This guy will never be a top footballer. He has talent and special pace, but he has too many weak points, and his worst skill(decision making) is not something can improve marginally.

He reminds me a bit on Salah when he was at Chelsea, but even he looked more ready by the time.

I predict we will suffer with him until next summer or 2025 January, then loan him back to Shakhtar, who quietly buys him back for around 30 million. Then everyone forgets him. Like Chygrynskiy for Barca.

He's been playing without a supporting full-back. Ball comes to him and defenders usually double up and there's no one making runs around him. The few occasions he ran at Cash, he managed to beat him and send a cross into the box.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

This guy will never be a top footballer. He has talent and special pace, but he has too many weak points, and his worst skill(decision making) is not something can improve marginally.

He reminds me a bit on Salah when he was at Chelsea, but even he looked more ready by the time.

I predict we will suffer with him until next summer or 2025 January, then loan him back to Shakhtar, who quietly buys him back for around 30 million. Then everyone forgets him. Like Chygrynskiy for Barca.

Agreed on Mudryk, but couldn't disagree more about the comparison w/ Salah.

Salah always had quick feet, which allows him to dribble in tight spaces; mudryk can only dribble long at pace. no, he will never be a top footballer... at this point we only hope to save a PL player, but it does not look good.