10. Mykhaylo Mudryk

ZAPHOD2319

19 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Agreed on Mudryk, but couldn't disagree more about the comparison w/ Salah.

Salah always had quick feet, which allows him to dribble in tight spaces; mudryk can only dribble long at pace. no, he will never be a top footballer... at this point we only hope to save a PL player, but it does not look good.

Also Mudryk first touch is very bad.

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Definitely. Gives 100% with skill as well

Tbf if he is older than Sterling and hardly inspirational. Could well imagine him becoming an absolute dud here like most attacking players.  Ppl would have rightly been frustrated had we signed trossard and Mudryk might well be banging them in for Arsenal In a cohesive attacking team, set up and settled club structure . 
not that our transfer strategy is utter bollocks but Arsenal are in completely different situation so copying their transfers would not have helped either. 

Again, the problem with Mudryk again is not only his actual ability and talent but his mental/tactical level for his age. If he was 18 he could still become a world beater. But he played in fkin Ukrainian league in the most critical years of his development. 
can’t even blame the player cos he clearly works hard in training. he might still have become a decent winger if we had not spent 80m on him and asked him to deliver straight away. 

Won't and will not be sold by this bloke, may of showed flashes of this and that the last game but your living in a fucking dream world thinking he's going to become anything like a very good player. He is absolutely dog shit. 

46 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Could well imagine him becoming an absolute dud here like most attacking players.  

Therein lies the problem. There is a growing list of underperformers that shine after the shackles of our set up are removed. Even lukaku and Abraham are performing better once they leave SW6. So all the debate and naval gazing of certain players needs to be confined within the remit that there are fundamental flaws in the club set up, the wholesale removal of back room staff, the outsourcing of physiotherapy, etc. Abramovich regime cherry picked the best back room staff and scouts eg Arnesen.

Until a holistic approach is instigated to our problems, the descent into mediocrity will continue. It isnt just about buying a huge roster of players and doing everything else on the cheap. (That what happens in baseball, but there is no relegation, someone tell the Dodgers man !)

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Therein lies the problem. There is a growing list of underperformers that shine after the shackles of our set up are removed. Even lukaku and Abraham are performing better once they leave SW6. So all the debate and naval gazing of certain players needs to be confined within the remit that there are fundamental flaws in the club set up, the wholesale removal of back room staff, the outsourcing of physiotherapy, etc. Abramovich regime cherry picked the best back room staff and scouts eg Arnesen.

Until a holistic approach is instigated to our problems, the descent into mediocrity will continue. It isnt just about buying a huge roster of players and doing everything else on the cheap. (That what happens in baseball, but there is no relegation, someone tell the Dodgers man !)

Tammy got 15 goals for us in the league and many people here said he wasn't good enough.  He goes to Roma and gets 17 goals in his first season of Serie A, then 8 goals last year and somehow he's "improved" since leaving Chelsea?    

19 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Tammy got 15 goals for us in the league and many people here said he wasn't good enough.  He goes to Roma and gets 17 goals in his first season of Serie A, then 8 goals last year and somehow he's "improved" since leaving Chelsea?    

58 appearances and 21 goals Chels v 75 appearances 25 goals in Italy. Not going to split hairs over it, and detracts from my main point that the whole set up is fucking rotten at the moment which is why we're getting the worst run of results for 30 years

6 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I honestly think it is quite a normal situation. Differences in requirements, differences in league quality *especially pace*! Italy is a much slower league, so quick players with some acceleration would be able to create plays there, while here they would be more dependent on their finishing.
I don't particularly rate Tammy's overall game too highly, but he's a good player and would've been a good buyback at this point considering the lack of options up front.

Regarding Mudryk, I disagree with @Magic Lamps Mudryk's first touch is akin to Lukaku's and that's never a good sign regardless of age and level of development. Superb skill can help with mentality, and he does not have it, so his mentality, or the lack thereof, becomes more of a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

First goal for Chelsea and first goal for Ukraine. And now already 2nd goal for us all in a couple of games. I think he is very confidence dependent player and this will help him so much.

Some did not agreed but like I said earlier he needed a run of games no matter what and we already see the result. He started 5 of the last 6 games but still never player more than 68 mins this season in a game.

Also I am glad we have people in coaching stuff who pay attention to small details.

“It was something in the middle, between a cross and a shot. Before the game, our goalkeeper coach told me to look at their keeper because sometimes he is trying to read things and he can just lose the goal, so I can chip him. So it was something I knew and I kept it in my head. I went for something between the cross and the shot and it was a good decision.”

-Mykhailo Mudryk; source: Chelsea FC

Edited by NikkiCFC

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Poch doing well to simplify his game. 

Needs to master the fundamentals before expressing your flair. 

Agreed. He was all over the place and nowhere in prior matches, even in the one he (intentionally) scored.
Had his best game by far against Arsenal though. Quick short passes, nice first touches always looking for his teammates and not throwing himself into tackles, which could become a liability in a game like this.

I just don't see the tight control of football all great players must have, but we may get a player out of him yet. 🤞

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

First goal for Chelsea and first goal for Ukraine. And now already 2nd goal for us all in a couple of games. I think he is very confidence dependent player and this will help him so much.

Some did not agreed but like I said earlier he needed a run of games no matter what and we already see the result. He started 5 of the last 6 games but still never player more than 68 mins this season in a game.

Also I am glad we have people in coaching stuff who pay attention to small details.

“It was something in the middle, between a cross and a shot. Before the game, our goalkeeper coach told me to look at their keeper because sometimes he is trying to read things and he can just lose the goal, so I can chip him. So it was something I knew and I kept it in my head. I went for something between the cross and the shot and it was a good decision.”

-Mykhailo Mudryk; source: Chelsea FC

My main problem with him is being way too wasteful. Losing balls because of bad decisions, wrong passes.. Definetly need to improve decision making. 

After a year, my excitement still limited, don't really see him becoming world class. Dangerous rotation player who can be winning tool against any side, but nothing like Hazard.

On 23/10/2023 at 11:01, nyikolajevics said:

My main problem with him is being way too wasteful. Losing balls because of bad decisions, wrong passes.. Definetly need to improve decision making. 

After a year, my excitement still limited, don't really see him becoming world class. Dangerous rotation player who can be winning tool against any side, but nothing like Hazard.

Share the exact same view, apparently. He simply does not have that tight ball control you see from world class players. It's frankly nowhere near that.

He did do much better against Arsenal, which was surprising to me. We may get a good player out of him at some point, but yeah, his overall game still needs work. Compare him to Palmer for example, who comes from City and is super tidy on the ball.

Oddly he has the opposite attitude that I'd expect, ie. I expected arrogance etc but what we got was a shy humble type of chap, not the killer instinct confident type that knew his ability, Liverpool game aside. As long as we give him time, I expect we will have a very very good player, pay attention in the games to the other lads still shouting and directing him where he should be or move to, tactically he is years behind it seems, so strange.