Florent Malouda

Madmax

That's all fine and dandy, but is that what Malouda really wants? Granted the club has the right to do what it wants with its players, but to shove him into the reserves for still sticking around? This, and the Anelka/Alex incident are not going to generate positive vibes from the playing community.

He wants to stay on £110k a week that is all ...and everyone knows he isn't worth it

But now he's being paid, and is of no use to us at all. This move isn't going to benefit either him or us.

They should have at least tried loaning him.

That the thing w/ wages. No one wanted to pay that amount of jack to Malouda. If Malouda really wanted to play, he should have rescinded his contract & left on mutual consent.

Malouda has the problem, he has always relied on his explosive strength, but with his pace fading he has litte to nothing to offer except for his shot and his experience. Those would still make him useful as an impact sub IMO. And if i have counted right, we still have one non-hg place in the squad. btw. malouda is able to play in CM...

Anyway a relegation of a player is bound to affect the players, esp those who are friends with flomo negatively.

Why is Malouda being made out to be the victim? I can understand why people are concerned about squad harmony and that, but what if he was moved to the reserves because he was demanding to play and therefore creating a negative atmosphere in the squad?

The thing is, we don't actually know what happened, so IMO it's unfair to scapegoat the club or RDM without knowing the true details of the story, which we'll probably find out after anyway.

I find it quite unprofessional and quite childish that Malouda posted the picture on twitter for everyone to see. I'm not going to start pointing fingers just yet before it becomes any clearer.

I find it quite unprofessional and quite childish that Malouda posted the picture on twitter for everyone to see. I'm not going to start pointing fingers just yet before it becomes any clearer.

This is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen posted here. Which is saying a lot.

If anybody was unprofessional about things, it was the club for sending a senior player who has helped this team win titles in the past to the U21 squad all because he is choosing to finish the contract that both he and the club LEGALLY AGREED TO.

When the club gave him that contract they promised him those wages. How on earth is Malouda the villain for not wanting to take less than something he was promised and is legally and contractually obligated to receive.

I GUARANTEE NONE of you criticizing him would be doing anything differently if you were in his shoes. A football player's career doesn't last forever. He has children and a family to take care of. He is in the twilight of his career and has every right to try to get as much money as he can from the sport of football to support his family while he's still physically able to play the sport.

He hasn't gone to the press. He hasn't gone to the media. He hasn't caused a disturbance or come out publicly against the club. He's been quiet and said nothing. This situation is not his fault and he shouldn't be vilified.

Talk about hypocrite. Around this time last year, we were slamming AVB for doing the same with Alex and Anelka and now you're praising RDM?! :doh:

Please find proof of me slamming AVB. You might have been slamming him but I supported his idea, it was just carried out in the incorrect manner.

This is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen posted here. Which is saying a lot.

If anybody was unprofessional about things, it was the club for sending a senior player who has helped this team win titles in the past to the U21 squad all because he is choosing to finish the contract that both he and the club LEGALLY AGREED TO.

When the club gave him that contract they promised him those wages. How on earth is Malouda the villain for not wanting to take less than something he was promised and is legally and contractually obligated to receive.

I GUARANTEE NONE of you criticizing him would be doing anything differently if you were in his shoes. A football player's career doesn't last forever. He has children and a family to take care of. He is in the twilight of his career and has every right to try to get as much money as he can from the sport of football to support his family while he's still physically able to play the sport.

He hasn't gone to the press. He hasn't gone to the media. He hasn't caused a disturbance or come out publicly against the club. He's been quiet and said nothing. This situation is not his fault and he shouldn't be vilified.

Wow, it's dumb suggesting that there's more to the story and that we shouldn't be pointing fingers to the club just yet until we find out more?

And wow, saying it's childish or unprofessional that he tweeted that picture is stupid too?

Sorry Einstein.

He wants to stay on £110k a week that is all ...and everyone knows he isn't worth it

And who handed him that contract? Who the fuck hands a 28 year old (at the time) a 4 year deal worth that much?

He refused to take a pay cut and transfer to Lyon on deadline day and that's the reason he's being vilified by the management. Do you blame him for refusing to lower his wage? Sure, if you're on your high horse.

He might not be a very good player anymore but he has his uses. We have zero depth in the centre midfield and if we can find a squad place for someone like Ferreira and Hilario, singling out Malouda is nothing short of a witch hunt.

Ballack at 33 was ready to take a pay cut and stay at Chelsea but wanted a two year deal instead of a one year deal.

Malouda at 32 isnt ready to take a pay cut and is ready to rot in the youth system.

Deserves to Rot there.

Ballack was also out of contract.