Florent Malouda

Madmax

Maybe we should just let him go for free. If he doesn't even sit on the bench and we pay his huge salary we make a fool of us ourself again. Winston Bogarde 2 or what?

I believe we were going to let him go for free to a Brazilian club, but his wage demands were too high.

With Benayoun and Essien going on loan and Meireles apparently being sold, I guess Malouda has to be used now...

I've seen him play in the pivot very well with France; unlikely, but maybe he's seen as an emergency option there. He's quite sound defensively and can play in the midfield...I actually think he could do a job. It's to be seen if he'll ever be used next to Mikel (probably not), but interesting to think about.

With Benayoun and Essien going on loan and Meireles apparently being sold, I guess Malouda has to be used now...

I've seen him play in the pivot very well with France; unlikely, but maybe he's seen as an emergency option there. He's quite sound defensively and can play in the midfield...I actually think he could do a job. It's to be seen if he'll ever be used next to Mikel (probably not), but interesting to think about.

First, he need to be in the first 18.

After letting both Essien and Meireles in this transfer window, not sure if it is wise to do the same with Malouda now too. Already lacking in options in the central midfield area. Unwise to weaken it any further for now when Malouda is an option in there. Best to keep him at least till January first. Then we shall see how it goes. And even if we switch to 4-3-3, he can be an option in the midfield. Wasn't really effective in there previously but an option nonetheless.

Malouda is not the answer to our problems in the 4-2-3-1, not even as a backup player. He can't play in the deeper role where we are seriously lacking in numbers and we already have more than enough options to play at LW with Hazard, Mata, Marin, Moses and even Bertrand if needed, so having a guy who makes £115k / week to be the fifth / sixth choice winger and a makeshift defensive midfielder for something like 5-10 games at most (and I'm being generous here) would be ridiculous.