Florent Malouda

Madmax

This is a bit harsh. none of us know the ins and outs, but I dont understand why not just keep him as a back up player instead of banish him from the senior squad because he wouldnt leave.

Chelsea gave him the contract with the wages and the length, he is in his right to refuse a move away, so if he refuses, we shouldnt banish him. at least just say "look, Flo, you know you aren't needed, we will be using you for back up because to be honest, you've lost it, pal. I haven't seen you do ANYTHING for a good season now, so just lay low, play a few league cup games, and enjoy the rest of your life." and them keep him fit so if we need him he isn't useless.

just doesn't seem a very professional way to approach things.

Sure, if Malouda had walked in to RDM's office and smashed him round the face with his gear, sure, go train with the under 21's. but if hes just riding out a contract they gave him... no need for it.

im sure this will upset a few players as well. this wouldnt go on in FM without a couple of players wanting to chat because they are upset with the way the manger treated the player ;)

Personally, I think we should just let him go. Malouda can be poor and hasn't done himself any favors as far as getting a place in the team goes. But it seems harsh to toss him in to the reserves. If he isn't in our plans, then release him and let him get a year of football elsewhere.

Of course, our reserves could do worse than to learn a few things off of a pro like Malouda. But still, if he isn't going to be used, then let him go.

He wants to play in Brazil and no Brazilian club will pay his outrageous wages or a high transfer fee.I think he has only one year left on his contract so he'll be leaving next summer on a free transfer.

Malouda could be useful at times so a few cameo appearances in FA or Carling Cup won't really be the worst thing for us.Might as well just make use of his services as we can't just kick him out of the club.

Let him save up now so that he can take a pay cut later on in Brazil.The guy gave us one terrific season so I guess he shouldn't be treated so disrespectfully for his brave decision to stay here.

This can't lead to anything good. Just wait till the media picks up on that <_<

The media already has. I have heard many rumors on Sky & Fox Soccer News on the future destination of Monsieur Malouda. Lyon was one of the destinations. I can't remember the other one I heard of yesterday. Clearly Malouda is on his way out. I think his contract is up at the end of this season. Maybe he was being frozen out for not renewing.

Not sure I'm with Robbie on this one. Malouda hasn't been too great for a while now and I would not be sad to see him go but it seems a bit harsh to toss him into the youth/reserve set up because of the club's failure to move him on. If it's a discilplinary issue like Alex/Anelka then fine, otherwise it feels a little heavy-handed to me.

being too sentimental about players who have brought past glories but can no longer produce the goods has been the downfall of Liverpool,AC Milan and to a lesser degree Newcastle. it`s what they can offer now and in the future which should dictate if they stay within the first team squad. that`s the mentality of teams that remain at the top for a long time have. they tried to sell him,he dragged his feet to block the move,it`s on him that he finds himself training with the youngsters.

he needs playing time .. he can benefit the younger players ...it is possible to put a positive slant on this

agreed the youth could certainly learn some good traits w/ Malouda...I think Flo should try to get some coaching credentials & make this into a positive situation

Not sure I'm with Robbie on this one. Malouda hasn't been too great for a while now and I would not be sad to see him go but it seems a bit harsh to toss him into the youth/reserve set up because of the club's failure to move him on. If it's a discilplinary issue like Alex/Anelka then fine, otherwise it feels a little heavy-handed to me.

It isnt the clubs fault that he couldnt move on. The club tried to find other clubs for him but his high demands scared away everyone. Is that the clubs problem? I agree that this is a bad way to treat someone like Malouda but if the manager tells him that he doesnt have any plans for him and that he can leave, but he still decides to stay, then he cant really complain if he has to train with the u21s. It was his decision to stay and see out his contract.The club are his contract holders and they decide where and when is is going to play.

The Primary difference between AVB and his decisions of making players train away from the squad and RDM doing the same,

is that while AVB did so with little to no communication with the rest of the squad, and the entire squad questioned his decision making skills and managerial skills,

RDM has the players onside, and is very communicative and personal with the squad, therefore i expect RDM to have explained to the squad the exact reasons, whatever they are, for why malouda is not training with the 1st team anymore.

Dont see any repeat of last season because of this, as if anything, RDM is an excellent man manager.

agreed the youth could certainly learn some good traits w/ Malouda...I think Flo should try to get some coaching credentials & make this into a positive situation

That's all fine and dandy, but is that what Malouda really wants? Granted the club has the right to do what it wants with its players, but to shove him into the reserves for still sticking around? This, and the Anelka/Alex incident are not going to generate positive vibes from the playing community.