Florent Malouda

Madmax

So pay Meireles his wages and he plays a fair few games for us throughout the season.

Or

Pay Malouda to sit on the bench.

No brainer!

What can we do if no clubs want to buy Malouda?! At least Meireles has shown he still got about 2 years left in him to contribute while Malouda has gone downhill in the past 2 years.

What can we do if no clubs want to buy Malouda?! At least Meireles has shown he still got about 2 years left in him to contribute while Malouda has gone downhill in the past 2 years.

Good point. While it does make sense to sell Malouda and not Meireles, not many teams want FloMo because of his wages and the fact he's not very good anymore.

Meireles was a good backup option for us but 8m for him is too good to turn down, for sure we would never get that amount again. So better to cash in, hope we don't suffer during the next couple months and buy a better player in January.

I don't think we would have loaned out Essien or even McEachran/KDB if Meireles had left sooner.

Most likely in the Premier League but wouldn't guarantee it in the Carling Cup.

Depends on if he can play in the double pivot really. If he plays there though, he better not make the same mistake he did against Spain at the Euros, that was just pathetic.

I take it no club wants to sign him because of his ridiculous wage demands. If that is the case then just release him from the club.... or fly him to the moon... whatever it takes to get the lazy bastard out of here.

I take it no club wants to sign him because of his ridiculous wage demands. If that is the case then just release him from the club.... or fly him to the moon... whatever it takes to get the lazy bastard out of here.

I'm sure the club did the math and decided it was cheaper to pay him at his last year of contract then to release him.

I'm sure the club did the math and decided it was cheaper to pay him at his last year of contract then to release him.

Yea your most probably right.. I'm just still hung up over some of his performances from last year when we needed him to play a whole lot better than what he did.

Depends on if he can play in the double pivot really. If he plays there though, he better not make the same mistake he did against Spain at the Euros, that was just pathetic.

Don't think he will play in the double pivot. If anything, his availability gives RDM an option to switch to a 4-3-3 if needed.

Terminating his contract and paying the compensation is probably worse. Will have to splash out the cash and won't get anything in return.

And really, I just don't get why people can't be patient with him for a little while more. Our squad depth is already nearly threadbare with the departure of Essien and Meireles and now people want Malouda gone too when he can be a decent option in case of injuries/suspensions till January at the very least when then we can get a new CM or two! IF we seriously want to get money from him, then we definitely have to sell in January now because his contract is expiring next summer.