Florent Malouda

Madmax

One thing I've always wondered about Malouda is how he became a winger instead of a central midfielder. His biggest strengths I believe were his intelligence and energy while his flaw as a winger was that he lacked both flair and dribbling technique. I think Malouda could have made a very good box-to-box midfielder who could also provide some serious goal threat, sort of like Lampard. I think his career in the top flight would have lasted longer, too, that way.

Sorry to disagree, but he could dribble pretty well, and his strength was his ability to cross the ball early from wide positions. Admittedly he lost of lot of pace in his last couple of seasons, which made it more difficult for him to get past players. That's why he was moved into a more central position.

Our best player in 2009/2010 I'll agree, but our best player in 2010/2011?, are you joking me?, despite being our top goal scorer, he was our worst player, i loved Carlo but one reason i wanted him to get sacked is because he kept playing malouda over and over again, Malouda would just never pick up, he was shite constantly all season. Even off form players like Essien and Lampard picked up in some games, like against City at the bridge when we won 2-0, Malouda was the only one to still play shit.

I know what you are saying overall, it is disrespectful, but you don't know what the situation is, maybe he doesn't want to leave and wants to feed on our wages for a final year, if so then he deserves to be shot into the reserves.

Probably irrelevant at this point, but he was hardly our worst player. Its just that after his spectacular finish to the 09-10 season, there were a lot of expectations on him especially when the rest of the team started to fail. The fact is Malouda is not a player like Drogba or Zidane, and can't consistently influence games on his own. He thrives when the rest of the team is doing well. This is evidenced when he came onto score against QPR and Tottenham last season, when we were winning both games by good margins.

Sorry to disagree, but he could dribble pretty well, and his strength was his ability to cross the ball early from wide positions. Admittedly he lost of lot of pace in his last couple of seasons, which made it more difficult for him to get past players. That's why he was moved into a more central position.

Probably irrelevant at this point, but he was hardly our worst player. Its just that after his spectacular finish to the 09-10 season, there were a lot of expectations on him especially when the rest of the team started to fail. The fact is Malouda is not a player like Drogba or Zidane, and can't consistently influence games on his own. He thrives when the rest of the team is doing well. This is evidenced when he came onto score against QPR and Tottenham last season, when we were winning both games by good margins.

Tell me who was worse than Malouda that season?, Drogba was bad, Essien was bad, Lampard was bad, but they did pick up in some games and came to life, where as Malouda was constantly shit and losing the ball all the fucking time.

Tell me who was worse than Malouda that season?, Drogba was bad, Essien was bad, Lampard was bad, but they did pick up in some games and came to life, where as Malouda was constantly shit and losing the ball all the fucking time.

He wasn't "constantly" shit. He had a few good games at the start and towards the end of the season when we caught up with Utd in the table. I'm just saying its impossible to single out one player for the blame when the team as a whole doesn't do to well in the campaign.

He wasn't "constantly" shit. He had a few good games at the start and towards the end of the season when we caught up with Utd in the table. I'm just saying its impossible to single out one player for the blame when the team as a whole doesn't do to well in the campaign.

You must of missed that season.

only performed well when the team was performing. waste of talent

Which is why he could have been a decent squad player to have now were playing good, add that by telling him he has a new contract to play for (even if he doesn't) and i reckon we could have got a decent squad role out of him this season.

@Blue Armour, sorry mate but im with @Kojo, here, the last game Malouda has had where he has played to the level he is capable off was the Blackpool home match over two years ago.

He was terrible for the whole season after that match, and like Kojo said, the rest of the players despite being on shite form too, had some matches where they showed glimpses of their best form, Malouda didn't have any, infact i started a thread about it at the time, so i might report Kojo for robbing my material :Goober:

http://forum.talkche...-to-be-dropped/

Which is why he could have been a decent squad player to have now were playing good, add that by telling him he has a new contract to play for (even if he doesn't) and i reckon we could have got a decent squad role out of him this season.

I think Marin and Moses have taken over the 'squad' role of Malouda. He's basically useless now, should of joined a Brazilian club in the most recent transfer window..but due to very high wage demands, the deal fell through.

@Blue Armour, sorry mate but im with @Kojo, here, the last game Malouda has had where he has played to the level he is capable off was the Blackpool home match over two years ago.

He was terrible for the whole season after that match, and like Kojo said, the rest of the players despite being on shite form too, had some matches where they showed glimpses of their best form, Malouda didn't have any, infact i started a thread about it at the time, so i might report Kojo for robbing my material :Goober:

http://forum.talkche...-to-be-dropped/

Yeah, I agree with you and Kojo on the fact that a lot of the other players did pick up form towards the end of the season. Maybe my memory is failing me here, but I believe Malouda also picked up some form during some of those games, scoring a couple of goals, which is why I said he wasn't the worst (even if he was pretty bad) player. In any case I suppose it doesn't matter as everything went downhill after the title decider against Utd.

@Blue Armour,

He scored a few goals but his overall play post Blackpool at home was dire. The rest of the midfield (despite being on horrible form themself's) had a respectable number of games in between their terrible form where they shown glimpses of their true self's (Anelka away to Sunderland is the prime example of that). I didn't see that from Flo once in the "bad moment".

He scored 13 that season 6 of them came in his first 4 start's the last of which being that Blackpool match i mentioned.

The only time I saw him do something memorable was his break against ManU when J.Cole scored.. and thats for five years.Shit player overall.

This post is worth a ban.

Malouda was fucking good in the second part of 08/09 season, was the best player in 2009 FA Cup Final, and was our best player in 09/10 season when we won the double and scored more than 100 goals in one single PL season.

This post is worth a ban.

Malouda was fucking good in the second part of 08/09 season, was the best player in 2009 FA Cup Final, and was our best player in 09/10 season when we won the double and scored more than 100 goals in one single PL season.

Florent Malouda was a good player for Chelsea FC in his prime.

I don't recall him being our 'best player' in the 09/10 season..but he was an instrumental part of winning the title that season.

IIRC Malouda won player of the season award 2-3 seasons back? He was very influential what ever season that was

Malouda won Ligue 1 player of the season back in 06-07.

He also won Player of the month in March 2010...I don't recall him winning 'player of the season' accolades but I could be wrong as I haven't kept track of Chelsea's recent end of season award recipients.

Malouda won Ligue 1 player of the season back in 06-07.

He also won Player of the month in March 2010...I don't recall him winning 'player of the season' accolades but I could be wrong as I haven't kept track of Chelsea's recent end of season award recipients.

In 2010 Drogba won player of the year voted by fans I recall, while Malouda won 'player's player of the year' award.