Florent Malouda

Madmax

especially when Malouda is close to a few others.

Like who?

I'm not going to praise anyone for this decision, but i also do not feel sorry for Malouda. He's been told he could leave the club for a while now, but kept pushing clubs away with his wage demands.

He could have been playing first team football if he wasn't so greedy.

He put money first and is paying the consequences. I feel no sorrow for him and think it's the right move to make. Why should he train with the first team, if he has no place in the first team?

it has seemed for quite some time that he was no longer needed. when the club tried to sell him he came out and said he would definately be at chelsea for this season. well he is here,so be happy flo.

he`s being paid weekly more than the majority of us gets in a year to kick a football around with kids. there has been too many players here in recent years who think they have a devine right for special treatment when their play no longer warrants it.

if i was being forced to pay his wages when i wanted to sell him but he chose to drag his feet so he could continue to get paid and prevent me from getting money in return for him..i wouldn`t give him the honour of being allowed at Cobham. he`d be clearing out my pool every morning,weeding my garden and shining my shoes. he made his own bed. now he`ll have to sleep in it.

Like who?

Mikel. The point here is that he has been here for a number of years now and is bound to have good relationships with some of the players and tossing him into U21 team like yesterday's garbage is not going to benefit the team. And every year, we always seem to create or have some sort of problem with squad unity. :doh:

Mikel. The point here is that he has been here for a number of years now and is bound to have good relationships with some of the players and tossing him into U21 team like yesterday's garbage is not going to benefit the team. And every year, we always seem to create or have some sort of problem with squad unity. :doh:

You're reading too much into it imo, Malouda in the reserves should not affect anyone - mainly because it's his fault he's there.

You're reading too much into it imo, Malouda in the reserves should not affect anyone - mainly because it's his fault he's there.

His fault or not, it can have a negative impact on the team. And if you say I'm reading too much into it, then aren't we all reading too much into that he has been thrown into the U21 team because of the wages?! Maybe it's because of something else that we don't know about! No one from the club has come out to say anything yet...

His fault or not, it can have a negative impact on the team. And if you say I'm reading too much into it, then aren't we all reading too much into that he has been thrown into the U21 team because of the wages?! Maybe it's because of something else that we don't know about! No one from the club has come out to say anything yet...

He's clearly been thrown into the U21 because he is not in the managers plans, as evidenced by him hardly even playing in any of our first 5 games.

He's clearly been thrown into the U21 because he is not in the managers plans, as evidenced by him hardly even playing in any of our first 5 games.

You just don't throw a player into the U21 team just because he is no longer in the manager's plan. Have you seen Ferguson, Wenger or Mourinho doing that?! And it's extremely silly to do that with Malouda when our options in midfield are already low with the departure of Essien and Meireles.

I doubt it will effect the players. They will understand that he has not been performing at a high level for a while now and as a result needs to be moved on. Football is a business, most player understand this.

I doubt it will effect the players. They will understand that he has not been performing at a high level for a while now and as a result needs to be moved on. Football is a business, most player understand this.

Seem to remember that wasn't the case last season...

You just don't throw a player into the U21 team just because he is no longer in the manager's plan. Have you seen Ferguson, Wenger or Mourinho doing that?! And it's extremely silly to do that with Malouda when our options in midfield are already low with the departure of Essien and Meireles.

All three have done it. Ferguson with Hargreaves, Mourinho with Kaka currently and Wenger did it Viera when he was getting on a bit. You have to be ruthless to succeed and can't let sentiment dictate your decisions.

All three have done it. Ferguson with Hargreaves, Mourinho with Kaka currently and Wenger did it Viera when he was getting on a bit. You have to be ruthless to succeed and can't let sentiment dictate your decisions.

Hargreaves's case was entirely different. He didn't get thrown into the youth team. His constant injuries was what prevented him from playing and training.

Kaka is still training with the Madrid's first team and Mourinho has said he still part of his plans. Though he won't use him much in matches, Kaka will still get game time in certain circumstances.

As for Vieira, it was more of a case Wenger wanted to invest in youth and sell off the senior players.

Last season was very different. AVB clearly had personal issues with Cole and Lampard, to the extent that he played Bosingwa as a left back over Cole, when Cole is clearly the better player.

I was referring to the Anelka and Alex case. The Cole and Lampard issue was different!

Hargreaves's case was entirely different. He didn't get thrown into the youth team. His constant injuries was what prevented him from playing and training.

Kaka is still training with the Madrid's first team and Mourinho has said he still part of his plans. Though he won't use him much in matches, Kaka will still get game time in certain circumstances.

As for Vieira, it was more of a case Wenger wanted to invest in youth and sell off the senior players.

Kaka has more or less been completely dropped, as has Carvalho, Mourinho basically told both to leave. They won't play kaka now they have Modric and Ozil, there is no place for him and so Mourinho being a good manager has removed him from the set up.

I was referring to the Anelka and Alex case. The Cole and Lampard issue was different!

Its still very similar to Cole and Lampard, Anelka and Alex were still important. Before we bought Cahill, Alex was our only CB cover, and last year we were drastically short up to so selling Anelka made no sense. RDM has better man management skills than AVB did, RDM has probably spoken to Malouda, whereas AVB failed to communicate.