Florent Malouda

Madmax

This pay cut stuff is just bullshit.If my boss told me to take a pay-cut,I most certainly would never even consider.

You can't compare yourself to a footballer. The club has told him they do not require his services any longer and should find another club, there have been several clubs interested but nothing happened all because of him not wanting to take a pay cut.

The same pay cut he will inevitably take when his contract at Chelsea ends and he wants to continue his career somewhere else.

Ballack was also out of contract.

So What? I am sure negotiations for his contract started a year earlier....I have big respect for Michael. A Player of his stature could have earned millions by moving to MLS but he wanted to take a pay cut n play at Chelsea.

Malouda has nothing on Ballack in terms of stature and yet he acts as a greedy cunt.

So What? I am sure negotiations for his contract started a year earlier....I have big respect for Michael. A Player of his stature could have earned millions by moving to MLS but he wanted to take a pay cut n play at Chelsea.

Malouda has nothing on Ballack in terms of stature and yet he acts as a greedy cunt.

When he has nothing to barter with, a player can get desperate. I'm not saying Ballack was just being desperate, but you can't really compare his case with Malouda's. What's to say Malouda won't beg for a pay cut (unlikely after what happened now) and ask for a contract extension at the end of next season? He didn't want a pay cut when a new club was making a move for him...but what player would reduce his wages AND move into an obscure club?

Ballack wanted to stick around, and that's just what Malouda's doing. The difference is, in his final year, Ballack wasn't shoved into the reserves.

Whatever the player's motive, it won't disguise the fact that club made a stupid move that isn't going to benefit anyone.

i applaud the club for the stand they are making,in the present and the long run they are doing the best for Chelsea football club in sending Malouda to train with the youth players. they tried to do the best for Malouda too but he didn`t want to give up his big salary here.

how is this better for the present and the best for chelsea in the long run?

well he plays LM/LW. where we have Hazard/Marin and when they are out Bertrand/Mata..all four can offer us more for this season and the future.why should they give up game time for somebody who was worthy a few years back?

some say it sends out the wrong message to the rest of the squad..why would keeping somebody who isn't good enough anymore send out the right message to the squad?

after they made it clear to a player that he was no longer needed and tried to offload him,Malouda dragged his heels and prevented the club from offloading him.

what message does that send out to the players..in particular players like Lampard who is getting close to the exit door himself?..they are giving out the message that when you are no longer needed and it`s in the clubs best interest to sell you,this is what will happen.

if the club buckled and kept Malouda in the first team squad it would make them look weak, like "player power" rules the roost. that is what has been said about Chelsea in the past and when that has come to the fore we have had by our recent standards poor seasons which have cost the managers/coaches their jobs.

Roman is backing the manager ahead of "star players" like it always should have been.

that`s the message that it sends out and it`s the best they could have done..Malouda has made this situation look ugly for some. he should have took the "you are no longer part of the clubs plans" as his cue for the exit door.

Levy was called a cunt for holding Modric to his contract last year against his wishes...Malouda is holding the club to his contract against their wishes this year..

Is Chelsea Football Club guilty of shabby treatment of the one-time French national captain or is Florent Malouda taking the p**s?

Twitter must be the bane of any football club’s PR department, never mind Chelsea Football Club. But when you’re the holder of the most prestigious Club trophy in world football, the media attention on any given player’s tweets is immense.  Therefore, it’s no surprise that when Florent Malouda tweeted “This is where I’ll train for my last season with the blues!!!” alongside a photo of the Under 21’s entrance, the media went into overdrive.

The tweet makes Chelsea look shabby.  A French international with 220 Chelsea appearances and 45 Chelsea goals to his credit, you’d think that Malouda deserves better than to be told to train with the Under 21’s.  It’s not as though Florent isn’t popular with his teammates either, having won the 2009/10 Players’ Player of the Year Award. So what’s the truth?  CFCnet put in a call to one of our Fleet Street contacts and the picture became a little clearer.

The truth, apparently, is that having played sparingly in Season 2011/12 (after seeing his form drop off under AVB and subsequently Di Matteo), Malouda decided it was time for a change.  Fair enough, as no world class footballer likes to warm his bum cheeks on the subs bench.

The Club didn’t have a problem with him wanting to sling his hook either – let’s be honest, Malouda was failing to make an impact in games … it’s not as though he was playing ‘that bad’ but neither was he playing ‘that good’.  So Malouda’s desire to move in the summer of 2012 made sense for all parties … except his bank manager.

Indeed, despite a number of Premier League clubs and foreign clubs making enquiries – the most high profile being Brazil’s Santos (his wife is from Brazil) – Malouda turned them all down.  The Club, apparently, having initially wanted a fee for a player that cost £13million in 2007 eventually conceded to letting him go on a free….but no Club could match the wages that Malouda is currently on.

And therein lies the rub. A talented footballer with a few years left at the top of his profession wishes to move to a new Club to prolong his career.  However, no Club is willing to pay the wages the player is currently on.  Said player has to either make a choice to play and forgo some wages (aka ‘doing a Bellamy’) or to sit in the reserves and collect the lolly (aka ‘doing a Bogarde’). Apparently Malouda has taken the latter option and is doing a Winston.

Chelsea FC, left with an unmotivated player who no longer wishes to play for them, had no option but to let him train elsewhere, notably the Under 21’s.  It doesn’t reflect greatly on the Club as Malouda has been, up until now, a solid player, but who wants a dissatisfied and unmotivated player (in decline) training with their first team?

It’s just a shame Malouda didn’t make a clear choice to pursue his career rather than his bank balance.  Let’s hope both sides see sense and a compromise is worked out … after all, it’s a situation that neither side wants.

Posted by Martin Rowe on September 6, 2012.

1. When he has nothing to barter with, a player can get desperate. I'm not saying Ballack was just being desperate, but you can't really compare his case with Malouda's. What's to say Malouda won't beg for a pay cut (unlikely after what happened now) and ask for a contract extension at the end of next season? He didn't want a pay cut when a new club was making a move for him...but what player would reduce his wages AND move into an obscure club?

2 Ballack wanted to stick around, and that's just what Malouda's doing. The difference is, in his final year, Ballack wasn't shoved into the reserves.

3. Whatever the player's motive, it won't disguise the fact that club made a stupid move that isn't going to benefit anyone.

1. Just like you cant compare the situation of the two players and you cant compare the stature of the two players. Ballack was desparate cus he wanted to play at the highest level and was ready to take a pay cut to do so. Malouda doesnt give a fuck about playing competitive football as long as he gets paid his high salary. You think Bayer Leverkusen paid Ballack his 130000/week wages? You think a club like that can pay that high a wage? Obviously he compromised on pay to move to a club that played in Champions League.

2. Ballack wasnt SHIT to be shoved into reserves. He played a key role in winning the double. Malouda on the other hand played like a shower of shit last season with 2 assist and 3 goals or whatever. And Ballack wanted to stick around for competitive football. Malouda wants to stick around for Wages. Fucking Greedy Bastard.

3. It isnt a stupid move. It is a bold move full of intent. The club wants to offload under performing players on high wages but this greedy cunt decided that he wont compromise on wages for competitive football. Similar to Bogarde. Hence deserves to rot with the youth.

Considering Malouda is closely involved in a charity to help the victims of the Haiti earthquake I'm not shocked by his decision. This seems more important to him than football at the moment.

From a club perspective I still feel he could be a good squad player, but the club have made it clear he won't be anywhere near the first team. Disappointing.

Considering Malouda is closely involved in a charity to help the victims of the Haiti earthquake I'm not shocked by his decision. This seems more important to him than football at the moment.

All players do Charity. You think Ballack doesnt do Charity? You are sayign as if Club salary is the only thing Malouda relies on. He has his sponsorship deals and income from advertisements and other sources.

Refusing to take a paycut by few thousands isnt gonna affect his charity.

All players do Charity. You think Ballack doesnt do Charity? You are sayign as if Club salary is the only thing Malouda relies on. He has his sponsorship deals and income from advertisements and other sources.

Refusing to take a paycut by few thousands isnt gonna affect his charity.

Indeed, most players do but the level of involvement differs. Think you are reading too much into it, was just saying I'm not surprised seeing he has numerous commitments.

I also don't know what Ballack has to do with anything.

1. Just like you cant compare the situation of the two players and you cant compare the stature of the two players. Ballack was desparate cus he wanted to play at the highest level and was ready to take a pay cut to do so. Malouda doesnt give a fuck about playing competitive football as long as he gets paid his high salary. You think Bayer Leverkusen paid Ballack his 130000/week wages? You think a club like that can pay that high a wage? Obviously he compromised on pay to move to a club that played in Champions League.

2. Ballack wasnt SHIT to be shoved into reserves. He played a key role in winning the double. Malouda on the other hand played like a shower of shit last season with 2 assist and 3 goals or whatever. And Ballack wanted to stick around for competitive football. Malouda wants to stick around for Wages. Fucking Greedy Bastard.

3. It isnt a stupid move. It is a bold move full of intent. The club wants to offload under performing players on high wages but this greedy cunt decided that he wont compromise on wages for competitive football. Similar to Bogarde. Hence deserves to rot with the youth.

It was either that or he would remain a free agent for life. And don't talk about performance stats, it wasn't as if he covered himself in glory during his last season. He did get more starts though...how many did Malouda get?

Anyway I don't want to turn this into a Ballack/Malouda debate.

Whether the move was bold or not, fact remains we have a player on high wages and we're going to get nothing out of him this season.

EDIT: And also, who's going to get impressed by that move? Is it going to encourage more players to come here? I don't think so...

Malouda should have left when the club offered him a way out. By releasing him on a free with 1 year of his contract remaining, the club was taking a huge hit to move him on.

As a club, we are trying to move on. If someone is not in the plan, then they are informed and have to decide whats important to them. The same way Liverpool handled Charlie Adam. I am quite sure he has taken a massive pay cut by joining Stoke. The fact is, he was not in the managers plans, and wanted to PLAY FOOTBALL.

Malouda's situation is no different. Yet his actions are quite pathetic.

Yes it is the clubs fault we gave him a 4 year contract at 28, but that does not mean Malouda has some god given right to hold the club to ransom, and not feel even a little bit of guilt about it.

Let him rot in the reserves. He will be an example to the younger players , Play Vs Pay.

Every player should remember that is was their passion and love for the game that got them where they are....

To me i can relate Malouda to this now:

spiderman_red_and_black.jpg

It's because he's Malouda and not someone else that the majority of you think he's a greedy cunt. Wait until Mr. Chelsea is a useless 35 year old. This forum will probably have a meltdown.

Rightly so. JT would take a massive pay cut if needed, and he'll still be a rotational option still. He wouldn't be at the club to waste it's money after being offered a way out like Malouda.

The amount JT has done and achieved for us is in no way comparable to what Malouda has.

Rightly so. JT would take a massive pay cut if needed, and he'll still be a rotational option still. He wouldn't be at the club to waste it's money after being offered a way out like Malouda.

The amount JT has done and achieved for us is in no way comparable to what Malouda has.

How well they performed is irrelevant. At the end of the day they'll still the same when Terry hits Malouda's level, they will be two equally shit, past it players sitting on enormous wages while offering next to nothing to the team.

You can't compare yourself to a footballer. The club has told him they do not require his services any longer and should find another club, there have been several clubs interested but nothing happened all because of him not wanting to take a pay cut.

The same pay cut he will inevitably take when his contract at Chelsea ends and he wants to continue his career somewhere else.

True I guess then.Like I said before,he just wants to earn his 110k per week as long as possible so that he could still manage to have a7 figure bank balance when he is offered lower wages in Brazil.

It does seem unreasonable now if you ask me.

How well they performed is irrelevant. At the end of the day they'll still the same when Terry hits Malouda's level, they will be two equally shit, past it players sitting on enormous wages while offering next to nothing to the team.

you ramble on about respecting Manure ,,yet talk about Terry like that.

Ballack at 33 was ready to take a pay cut and stay at Chelsea but wanted a two year deal instead of a one year deal.

Malouda at 32 isnt ready to take a pay cut and is ready to rot in the youth system.

Deserves to Rot there.

In Malouda's defense,Ballack was football superstar in his prime years and would have earned way more than Malouda ever will.His decision to take a pay cut wouldn't significantly damage his lifestyle as much as it would if Malouda had taken a pay cut to stay.

The Frenchman is obviously used to the lavish life and doesn't want it to end so soon.Yes we can call him greedy but who can really truly blame him as an individual.