Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

What are your thoughts on Tammy? I like the lad I think he's a good footballer just not a decent one. He will thrive somewhere eles I believe but as sad as it is hes just not good enough for here IMHO.

dead neutral on him

40m euros is great business

I thought he was decent, but managers did not rate him

disappointed how weak in the air he is

as  I am sure many can tell, I am obsessed with MFers and CB's (and having top 5 on planet fullbacks/wingbacks)

I want a great CF and wingers, but I try and remain calm as their 'streaks' are more pronounced and visible

My top two CF targets were always the top two (or 2  of the top 3 if you want to toss Lewa in there for 1 or 2 more years max) players on the planet (any position, with KdB 4th, and Kimmich 5th)

Mbappe

Håland

Lewa

Lukaku is a step down from Mbappe, Lewa and Håland, and probably equal with Kane (who would NEVER come here), maybe just behind, and he now shades out Benzema (who, like Lewa is soon done at WV level)

Lautaro Martínez is not what we need (I think he would tear it up at Citeh, much better deal for them half of what Kane would cost, and younger too)

that said

those 7 are the ONLY world class CF's IMHO atm

the drop (atm, someone will step up) is massive

(I do not count CR7 as a CF)

only one atm who I can say has at least a 60/70% chance to get to true WC level is exactly who I said to but if we whiffed on the big 4...... Dusan Vlahovic (time will tell)

Isak's relase clause is now insane (depending on whom you believe either €90 or €100m)

DCL is not worth £100-110m (that is MORE than Rom, ffs, granted he is 4 years younger than Rom. An aside, this is crazy, DCL is Gen Z, and will be 25 this season, lolol. Tempus Fugit)

Jonathan David isn't ready yet

Victor Osimhen only scored 10 goals last season

Immobile is 32yo in 6 months and will not leave Lazio (and Rome)

Richarlison is not worth £90m

I do not rate Jesus of Citeh atm, probably never will, but I am open-minded

Youssef En-Nesyri is very interesting, but want too another 24, 25 goal or so season

Icardi never kicked on, now would be a huge dice roll

we already have, Kai and Werner (who I tip to rebound)

that's the end of my CF's I rate as 'front pagers'

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

As for Moriba, he just has the look of the standard ultra talented youngster we always buy. 

what 18yo's who play this much for Barcelona topflight (or similar clubs) have we bought?

8f3efaaeb66f977b196c11a5145b2b07.png249a2511cd28d021b2baf98027477bd6.png

Edited by Vesper

Paying 100mn plus 200k salary for a 28 year old just doesnt make sense

Had we met haalands demands, maybe price would have been 180mn incl agents and all with maybe a 300k salary but we would have someone for the next 10-15 years or could have sold for a profit in 6-7 years like another EH (Hazard)

7 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Had we met haalands demands, maybe price would have been 180mn incl agents and all with maybe a 300k salary but we would have someone for the next 10-15 years or could have sold for a profit in 6-7 years like another EH (Hazard)

jesus christ

just accepted. Its done. There's nothing we can do about it

If Lukaku make a great season, nobody will care about the price 

26 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Lot of ifs there and the Hazard comparison is far off. Never looked like Haaland had a serious desire to come here. He was thinking about it because there was no one else at the negotiation table this year. I doubt he would stay 6 years even if we did break the bank to sign him.

40 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

So.. Haaland could have been solution for 15 years(till the age of 36), but Lukaku is too old at 28?

28 is perfect age. Also, nowadays lots of players nearing their mid thirties are playing on high level.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

The idea that Haaland would have been long term is extremely naive.

Raiola would have his next move mapped out before he even signed.

This 100%.

Sure he'll sign a 5-6 year contract so (assuming there's no release clause) he should spend at least 3-4 years at his next club but that's when it gets really tricky. Either Haaland & Raiola will start engineering a move elsewhere at that point and there's not all that much the club can do about it given only 1-2 years left on the contract, or if the club have been super successful and won lots of trophies they might be willing to negotiate a contract extension. But what happens when you try to extend a Raiola player who's already on massive wages (£400K/wk minimum) and the player's shown he's got what it takes to succeed at the very highest level? They'll demand even more money. Raiola has already said publicly they're planning for Haaland to become a £1M/wk player at some point in his career so keeping him for +10 years is completely out of the question wherever he goes.

17 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Che Adams, Michael Obafemi, Shane Long and Adam Armstrong(not confirmed yet) can be his concurency. He should be able to get minutes able to compete with these guys, if not, he'd have no chance with Lukaku and Werner.

11 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Che Adams, Michael Obafemi, Shane Long and Adam Armstrong(not confirmed yet) can be his concurency. He should be able to get minutes able to compete with these guys, if not, he'd have no chance with Lukaku and Werner.

You never know with these loans. Obviously it makes more sense for Soton to not play Broja and let the other guys play instead, who are at Soton for the long term. Broja will only be there for one season. Nothing more

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You never know with these loans. Obviously it makes more sense for Soton to not play Broja and let the other guys play instead, who are at Soton for the long term. Broja will only be there for one season. Nothing more

Agree, but Southampton will probably have relegation threat during the season, won't be able to afford not to play the best players. If Broja is their best striker then he will play.

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

Agree, but Southampton will probably have relegation threat during the season, won't be able to afford not to play the best players. If Broja is their best striker then he will play.

This is hopefully true. Broja offers things the other strikers do not have. Broja is 191 cm tall, very fast and can also score with his head. I don't see Long, Armstrong and Adams have Broja's characteristics. I will watch a lot of his games and Livra. So pleased for both of them 

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

True, but it's not like Shane Long is a long-term player for them either. He turns 35 in January and is out of contract next summer. And Michael Obafemi has been a fringe player for them anyway and is also out of contract next year, so without a huge improvement this season I can't see him staying there much longer either.

Unless he's a total flop in training Broja should be ahead of those two at the very least. That would leave Armstrong and Adams as his main competition for playing time, and I think Soton play with two strikers so whether it's as a starter or a substitute he should get minutes in most games.

Of course there's risks that he might get stuck on the bench with little playing time, but this is a massive opportunity for Broja. He has a chance to prove himself at the best league in the world so let's hope he keeps his momentum going from last season instead of wasting a year and then having to take a step backwards (like Tammy after Swansea loan).

Edited by Jype

44 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Based on quality alone, Broja should prevail but the others are more experienced in English senior footy so the temptation is there for Southampton to stick with them.

I don't think they will just sit him on the bench all the time,they pay him after all. in the end small clubs know most quality players will not stay for long no matter if they are loaned or bought. they have to survive and if that requires playing a loanee they will do it. Some might still appreciate the player as Wigan did with Reece if the quality is just too much to ignore or try to sway him like everton with lukaku.

The problem with loans is, if the loanplayer is just ok-ish he will be scrutinized more critically and play less than he deserves

On 08/08/2021 at 01:12, Marvin123 said:

I'm getting pissed off with lukaku haters on here. You're just annoyed you didn't get the latest poster boy in halaand. If there was no rumours and gossip on halaand you would be so happy right now. You lot are not real Chelsea fans at all.

For me Lukaku is not in that category but I think people just dont like him in general. I feel that way with Sterling, Mane...They are both 100m players maybe but I would not take them for free, I am just so annoyed with them, by just looking at them... So maybe some people feel that way with Lukaku...