Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

There’s been nothing at all about an incoming midfielder for weeks/months, guys. It’s clearly not happening.

Hopefully we secure Koundé and then that’ll be the end of our business. We’ll just have to pray for Kante’s health for the whole season.

Kounde should be the club's next focus.

If we don't sign a midfielder, I can see Tuchel playing Mount in midfield, which of course will also help free up space in attack. 

7 minutes ago, Jase said:

Kounde should be the club's next focus.

If we don't sign a midfielder, I can see Tuchel playing Mount in midfield, which of course will also help free up space in attack. 

I think Mount in a MF two is a disaster waiting to happen though right now. The Fulham game for instance, he left Billy overrun most of the first half to go over to the sort of role he usually plays, linking up with Chilwell, playing in that sort of wide 10 role.

In a 3 man MF maybe but in a 2 he is not disciplined enough and it looks like we will play 343 still. 

Unless we sell Zouma or dare I say it Christensen (although hopefully he stays), we should prioritise MF first imo. 

41 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Would you guys take Kamara, Kounde and Tchoumani if it meant losing Rudiger or Christiansen?

so get those 3 specific players and only lose 1 of either AC or Rudiger (who may leave anyway)?

hell yes

no one sane would turn that down, literally no one

Edited by Vesper

3 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I see Trevoh last night last night I thought he had a very impressive game and he's a tall.

So, the question is is he likely to be a good prospect in the future? or is Kounde the best option?

I think we should still get Koundé and loan out Chalobah to Valencia or other good club. Zouma might leave being included in Koundé deal(or go elswhere) and we have Azpi and King Thiago who might not stay here for long years, especially Silva. So now Koundé is available it’d be right choice to buy him and it wouldn’t mean Trevoh is done here.

45 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think Mount in a MF two is a disaster waiting to happen though right now. The Fulham game for instance, he left Billy overrun most of the first half to go over to the sort of role he usually plays, linking up with Chilwell, playing in that sort of wide 10 role.

In a 3 man MF maybe but in a 2 he is not disciplined enough and it looks like we will play 343 still. 

Unless we sell Zouma or dare I say it Christensen (although hopefully he stays), we should prioritise MF first imo. 

I think Mount next so someone like Kante or even Tchouameni can actually work, albeit none of the two would fucntion to the maximum  of his abilities. Think young Lampard. He was perfectly capable of working in a midfield two next to Makelele. But he only realized his full potential when released in a midfield 3. With the right partner, Mount can play in a midfield two even if it is not his best position, but neither is as one of the 2 behind the striker... His best performances have come when he dropped deep from there, making us effectively more of a 3-5-2. We usually play a little different when Mount plays as opposed to playing with wingers like Ziyech and Pulisic.

£88m is easily twice his value , especially when passing is his best asset. Chalobah over him every day at that price. 

is the tchoumeni deal even rumoured? Can’t see much about that at all 

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think Mount next so someone like Kante or even Tchouameni can actually work, albeit none of the two would fucntion to the maximum  of his abilities. Think young Lampard. He was perfectly capable of working in a midfield two next to Makelele. But he only realized his full potential when released in a midfield 3. With the right partner, Mount can play in a midfield two even if it is not his best position, but neither is as one of the 2 behind the striker... His best performances have come when he dropped deep from there, making us effectively more of a 3-5-2. We usually play a little different when Mount plays as opposed to playing with wingers like Ziyech and Pulisic.

Agreed. With a little tweaking he can actually make the no 8 or the double pivot as his own with someone like Kante who can compliment him well. 

Mount is a versatile player in my opinion and so early in his career he has shown he can adapt and learn. He might not be a superstar in the making but he surely is the One to Have in your team. 

I hope Tammy takes the Roma deal FFS- I can see Roma switching focus to another striker if he takes a long time to take a decision and I have zero confidence Arsenal will come up with the same money esp when they are haggling over deals for Aaron Ramsdale, Maddison etc too

Edited by Strike

36 minutes ago, Milan said:

Let them think they might strike a deal and then tell them to fuck off.

Nah, we need 40m more than they need Tammy. And it will prevent them from buying better striker so win-win.

48 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Look I am happy with Lukaku better than no one but I think we should have do this.

Lewa is in amazing physical shape. Lukaku from 28 to 33 or Lewa from 33 to 37 I think we should go for Lewa.

No way.

Zahavi offered Lewa to us under the condition that Bayern woudl expect an offeri n excess of 80m euros without consulting Bayern first.

you think the club would pay 80m for a 33y.o.? Also his wages would be even higher than Rom's. the board will never accept such a terrible deal and rightly so