Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Also, I see many people here want Spurs to lose Kane... Which would be worst news to us.

I really think Kane to City or not is title decider.

They got Grealish but they also have other players who produce crazy numbers on his position.

They lost Aguero and are left only with Jesus average player as classic striker. Which is like Chelsea having only Abraham.

And now with Lukaku we could be front runners. If they get Kane they would be clearly... 

So people need to focus on Chelsea and our biggest rival City. Forget about your hate for Spurs because Kane or no Kane they are not a threat.

13 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

28 is perfect age. Also, nowadays lots of players nearing their mid thirties are playing on high level.

every non GKer over 31yo who is good enough to start for us (at least some of the time and if no Lukaku)

there is not that many we do not already have

by descending age

Zlatan Ibrahimovic  
Cristiano Ronaldo 
Giorgio Chiellini    
Luka Modric  
Sergio Ramos 
Gerard Piqué   
Lionel Messi
Edinson Cavani   
Luis Suárez 
Dries Mertens   (iffy, very iffy now that he is 34yo and slowing down) 
Leonardo Bonucci 

32-33yo atm

Robert Lewandowski     
Karim Benzema  
Ángel Di María  
Gareth Bale    ?????
Sergio Agüero    ??????

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

For me Lukaku is not in that category but I think people just dont like him in general. I feel that way with Sterling, Mane...They are both 100m players maybe but I would not take them for free, I am just so annoyed with them, by just looking at them... So maybe some people feel that way with Lukaku...

That could be considered racist, considering you didn't mention Grealish in that post. I am sure you aren't but just pointing out 😮

47 minutes ago, Stats said:

That could be considered racist, considering you didn't mention Grealish in that post. I am sure you aren't but just pointing out 😮

Lol ok I add Kane and Suarez on that list. 

I actually like Grealish. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

46 minutes ago, Stats said:

Hope your joking... Because if not your a waste of life realising that and then pointing it out in public

Are we linked with any cms? We are a bit light there after gilmour left and we often have injury and suspension there as our guys collect yellow cards. Guess loftus cheek is back but will he actually play ?

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Are we linked with any cms? We are a bit light there after gilmour left and we often have injury and suspension there as our guys collect yellow cards. Guess loftus cheek is back but will he actually play ?

Rice, Tchouameni links have gone cold for weeks. Doesn't look like there's time to do a deal.

I was thinking Ampadu or Chalobah might get the chance but both were used at CB in pre-season.

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

Rice, Tchouameni links have gone cold for weeks. Doesn't look like there's time to do a deal.

There's also been talk of that 18yo Moriba kid from Barca. He's refusing to sign a new contract (current one expiring 2022) and because of the contract situation Barcelona have banished him out of the first team setup. It's almost certain he'll leave, if not this year for 15-20M€ then for a free transfer next year.

If the club can do a deal with Barca, he could fill the 4th CM spot for the coming season. He already made close to 20 appearances for them last season (most subs) so at his age he might be willing to play the minutes left over from Gilmour. 

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Roma general manager heading to London in bid to complete deal for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham

https://theathletic.com/2764169/2021/08/11/roma-heading-to-london-in-bid-to-complete-deal-for-chelseas-tammy-abraham/

TAMMY-ABRAHAM-CHELSEA

Roma general manager Tiago Pinto is expected to arrive in London over the next 48 hours as the Italians attempt to complete the signing of Tammy Abraham from Chelsea, The Athletic has learnt.

Abraham is Roma’s top target to replace Edin Dzeko and they have reached an agreement with Chelsea for his permanent transfer, which is believed to include a buyback clause.

Despite suggestions of a possible loan, featuring an option or obligation to buy, Chelsea wish to sell Abraham and Roma’s interest is so strong that they are prepared to purchase him outright.

The decision is now down to Abraham and Pinto will likely travel to the English capital shortly as he seeks to close out a deal for the 23-year-old England international by the end of this week.

With their talismanic striker Dzeko set to replace the Chelsea-bound Romelu Lukaku at Inter Milan and the new season nearing, Roma want the situation to be finalised as soon as possible.

chelsea-strikers

Abraham is set to follow Olivier Giroud to Serie A (Photo: Darren Walsh/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)

If Friday passes without a resolution, it is anticipated that their attention will turn to other candidates. Roma head coach Jose Mourinho has spoken to Abraham, whose preference is thought to be remaining in London amid credible admiration from Arsenal — but that situation is difficult.

Chelsea would prefer for Abraham to join a foreign suitor and in the case of Arsenal, they would almost certainly need to shift a player to accommodate the forward. That could make Roma an attractive proposition, especially given their desire to place Abraham at the heart of their plans to challenge for major trophies again and return to the Champions League.

In Mourinho, The Friedkin Group, which completed its takeover of Roma 12 months ago, has selected a manager with a proven track record and who worked alongside an emerging Abraham at Chelsea.

Dzeko has led Roma’s line impressively since arriving from Manchester City in 2015, initially on loan and then a permanent transfer, with the Bosnian registering 119 goals in 260 appearances.

But he is now 35 and on course for a move to reigning champions Inter as Lukaku’s replacement, leaving a major void which Roma hope Abraham will fill.

Abraham is a product of Chelsea’s academy and following loan spells at Bristol City, Swansea City and Aston Villa, he broke into the first team and has contributed 30 goals in 82 matches.

He was their joint-top scorer last season but he fell out of favour after Thomas Tuchel succeeded Frank Lampard as head coach in January and was omitted by England for Euro 2020. Abraham is in the Chelsea squad for tonight’s Super Cup meeting against Villarreal in Belfast.

Edited by Vesper