Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, hiterto said:

I hope we don't sign Lukaku. He will no doubt be another disaster striker signing. At best he was OK in EPL and I cannot believe he will be any better after his time in Serie A.

The amount mentioned is way too much and I would rather we sign Danny Ings, who is every bit as good if not better than Lukaku. Complete waste of Money and if this happens he may be ranked in Same Category as Kepa and Shivshenko

Lukaku struggling  before  and was too young   we had Drogba, Torres , Sturridge Anelka , Kalou -   imagine if he flop again and  - 130m for player we sold before and he flop again after  his return 

Edited by milka

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is quite ridiculous signing Kounde and Lukaku

We are about to sign

a centre back who is all flashy skills, dribbling and technique but tiny and weak

and a centre forward who is all height, strength and power but no skill, dribbling nor technique

and each is gonna cost a ton...

you could not make this up.

You can if you see 2015 to now as a whole instead of isolating 2017 and shifting it to Conte. Barring last season the club have been pulling this nonsense for six years now. 

Edited by King Kante

16 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Not a fan of spending this much on Lukaku. But it's hard to see alternatives I guess, if Håland isnt an option.

Honestly, I'd would have preferred to have kept Giroud or even give Tammy another year. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Watching Lukaku’s goal compilation from this last season and you can’t help but be impressed. 

Impressed by what? Penalties and sitters? Not one single impressive goal.

He is more clinical, I give him that. We spoke many times how Werner and Havertz have 25% conversation rate of big chances.

Lukaku last season in Seria A and CL: 28 goals from 49 big chances so this is 57%.

I honestly expect Lewandowski to be better player in 37 than Lukaku in 32 so we should have spend 120m on him.

1 hour ago, Simon1991 said:

And honestly, the negativity around here is getting tiring, the fan base will never be happy about anything it seems.

We are rumoured to sign one of the hottest CB prospects, he's weak, and a "dwarf" to some.

We are rumoured to sign a striker in his prime which destroyed the Serie A last year and the year before, and we are apparently signing a Torres bis.

Please let the board do their job and trust it is the best decision they can possibly make. We fans can never have the full picture, so we have no other choice than trust the process. And it's not like we're Spurs or Arsenal for fuck's sake, our board has shown us times and times that they are competent.

i wont be surprised if the manchester clubs or liverpool fans were negative about such a possible signing..

but i understand we are only fans..let the owners splash money on whoever they want...

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He is more clinical, I give him that. We spoke many times how Werner and Havertz have 25% conversation rate of big chances.

Lukaku last season in Seria A and CL: 28 goals from 49 big chances so this is 57%.

I honestly expect Lewandowski to be better player in 37 than Lukaku in 32 so we should have spend 120m on him.

Another one bookmarked....Do you play with yourself and worry about how the woman feels?

Wake up.

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Honestly, I'd would have preferred to have kept Giroud or even give Tammy another year. 

Ladies and gents the Del Boy of Talk Chelsea....thank fuck you aren't in charge

If we sign him, I am looking forward to seeing how Tuchel utilizes him. We kept getting draws and losing to teams that had far less talent than we do. If Lukaku changes that then we have a real shot at winning the league. I enjoyed the video of his goals. Many of those sitters he made them sitters. He bullies the CB and creates space for the ball to arrive. We will see how it goes, but I don’t understand people who say he is crap, because he clearly is anything but. 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Impressed by his all around game. Pace, power, finishing with both feet and his head. Defenders bouncing off him like he’s a brick wall.

Of course if given the choice I’d have Haaland 100 times out of 100. But if he’s impossible and the club is dead set on a striker no matter what this summer he’s the best we can do.

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Never read so much shite in my life....go to bed 

It's really funny tho.

"would rather we sign Danny Ings, who is every bit as good if not better than Lukaku"

Would this be the same Danny Ings who has less than half the amount of PL goals as Lukaku in the same amount of seasons played in the Prem? And the same Danny Ings who has scored roughly a third of Lukaku's amount of career goals despite Ings scoring a significant portion of his goals in world beater leagues such as the Championship, League One and Conference South?

The agenda against Lukaku is really sad to see. I know many are disappointed a move for Haaland didn't materialize in the end but cmon people, this is really getting out of hand.

Does this forum still have the ignore option for individual posters? Seems like there could be some use for it...

23 minutes ago, hiterto said:

I hope we don't sign Lukaku. He will no doubt be another disaster striker signing. At best he was OK in EPL and I cannot believe he will be any better after his time in Serie A.

The amount mentioned is way too much and I would rather we sign Danny Ings, who is every bit as good if not better than Lukaku. Complete waste of Money and if this happens he may be ranked in Same Category as Kepa and Shivshenko

This is just utter nonsense. It is funny because like I said before Lukaku will have his critics no matter how many goals he scores. In terms of the high pressing we play, him and Haaland are perfectly suited to us. Lukaku could even be considered a safer bet than Haaland as he already has PL experience.

Also the age thing, Benzema, Suarez and Lewa are all playing the best footy of their careers at what 33/34 years of age. Lukaku's fitness levels is incredible. Rarely gets injured and is a top all round player who has worked thoroughly on his flaws.

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

You would rather Giroud and Tammy over Lukaku.. 

Wow.

For €130m? Yes. When you spend the sort of money that we are on Lukaku, you're pretty much all in on him for five years. At Utd, he had a good first four-six months then was largely crap as people knew how to deal with him in that system. Expect something similar. Some people on here are are getting bamboozled by him stat padding by scoring tap ins at Inter.