Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I think Lukaku will 100% score between 15-20 goals in the PL alone. The question is whether we have to completely change up our formation and style to accommodate him. That’s what I worry about. 

I believe this was already said earlier but I'll just say it anyway. If we do get Lukaku, we're practically helping United raise funds and open the door for them to sign Haaland next year. They would enjoy more years out of him compared to us with Lukaku. And if we don't get the "improved" version of Lukaku, then we're gonna look very silly then, especially for 100 million+.

Just now, Jas said:

I believe this was already said earlier but I'll just say it anyway. If we do get Lukaku, we're practically helping United raise funds and open the door for them to sign Haaland next year. They would enjoy more years out of him compared to us with Lukaku. And if we don't get the "improved" version of Lukaku, then we're gonna look very silly then, especially for 100 million+.

lol you don't know the future 

imagine that halaand flops... 

your guesses can be wrong... 

Just now, Mário César said:

Oh, you're changing your tune now that we're not bidding 150m+ for Haaland?

Even IF Haaland flops, it will still look less silly considering he would cost only 60-70m. Plus given his age, he would still have a good resale value if things don't work out for him in England.

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Fabrizio Romano: “The bid from Chelsea (for Lukaku) is €100M and Marcos Alonso, Inter turned down this proposal. They want something really crazy for Lukaku because their plan is to keep the player at the club."

Of course and we're stupid enough to give them something crazy. 

Praying we aren't stupid enough do to that...

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Even IF Haaland flops, it will still look less silly considering he would cost only 60-70m. Plus given his age, he would still have a good resale value if things don't work out for him in England.

hein?

Halaand would be my first choice. But if we can't get him, we need to find another solution. Wait one season can damage the club, if we don't get top4 next season.

7 minutes ago, Jas said:

Your asumming the 60/70m price tag on the basis he would choose us over any other team in the world. And do you not think they that price will just start bidding war 

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

Your asumming the 60/70m price tag on the basis he would choose us over any other team in the world. And do you not think they that price will just start bidding war 

That's his release clause next year...

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Lukaku will damage the club by itself just give it a few years, Kepa, Drinkwater and Bakayoko already set us behind.

Am sorry but u simply cannot but lukaku in the same category as them. This is getting ridiculous now

22 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Lukaku is gonna get a boat load of goals here in this formation. Imagine his pace and power running into that open space 😻

Apart from City and the Dippers, who gives us open space to run into in the PL? 

Edited by King Kante

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

Release clause yes but that doesn't mean clubs cannot out bid each other, that's just the least amount it would take to get him 

That's the release clause. It's fixed. If a club is dumb enough to pay more for whatever reason, Dortmund will be laughing all the way to the bank. 

Obviously it would be about convincing Haaland next year and probably even offer him astronomical wages plus agent fees to Raiola and his dad.

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Yes Haaland can flop, I am not completely convinced he is a safe bet. That is why you make the best decision at the time. Lukaku already flopped his big money move to United, the obstacles will be even greater in our team. Even if Haaland flops he will still have the resale value to be okay. 

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

That's the release clause. It's fixed. If a club is dumb enough to pay more for whatever reason, Dortmund will be laughing all the way to the bank. 

Obviously it would be about convincing Haaland next year and probably even offer him astronomical wages plus agent fees to Raiola and his dad.

Dortmund will be laughing all the way to the bank if we pay 150+ so whats your point?