Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, Mário César said:

hein?

Halaand would be my first choice. But if we can't get him, we need to find another solution. Wait one season can damage the club, if we don't get top4 next season.

Am all for solutions but not when the solution could disrupt the flow of things. Yes, Lukaku scores goals but the concerns raised by others here are enough to raise some alarm bells.

Also, is it really a disaster if we don't buy Lukaku this year and then try for Haaland next summer? Yes, our chances to sign Haaland may not be great then but it's still not impossible. And what's the worst that could happen really if we can't get Haaland then? We can either go back for Lukaku, who may be 29 years old then but will likely be cheaper if we want to OR look around the market for any other up-and-coming #9 etc.

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Lukaku should be in his prime he scored 68 goals at Everton alone in a average team, players we have here, he should get an absolute truck load

He is already 28, 2-3 prime years max out of him for 100m+ is steep. I also don't think he makes a difference in our title challenge. we will not get anywhere near PL title anyway and top 4 should be doable without. so he would not even be an ultimate short term fix.

3 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Yes Haaland can flop, I am not completely convinced he is a safe bet. That is why you make the best decision at the time. Lukaku already flopped his big money move to United, the obstacles will be even greater in our team. Even if Haaland flops he will still have the resale value to be okay. 

I wouldn’t say he flopped at United. Scored 42 goals and assisted 13 on 96 matches in Mourinho’s shity United, where he was used as a target man which clearly didn’t suite him.

Under Conte and Martinez he proved he can come up with amazing allrounder performances, not only by scoring but by runs without balls and passing too. This is what we need, a striker who can swap places and be useful on both wings and outside the box. Same like Werner, but with killer finishing. Both him and Kane would be perfect fit imo.

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Am talking about this window 

Okay.

If we could bid 150m+ or Dortmund are willing to sell, we would have done it by now, wouldn't we? It's precisely because we have run into a wall there that leads us to going after Lukaku now. Haaland was/is the club's #1 choice. 

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Some of this Lukaku criticism is going way overboard now. 😂

None of us want the club to spend 100m on him but some of you are acting like he’s an embarrassment to the sport. 

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think Lukaku will 100% score between 15-20 goals in the PL alone. The question is whether we have to completely change up our formation and style to accommodate him. That’s what I worry about. 

you on the other hand, extremely overrating Lukaku. Like Tomo said Werner scored 28 league goals in Bundesliga, that is better than Lukaku record at Inter. What makes you think 15-20 goals is guaranteed? Also consider Ciro immobile who scored 36 league goals, could only score 3 goals at Dortmund. 

11 minutes ago, Jas said:

That's his release clause next year...

Next year the release clause will be €75-85M depending on which source you believe, and when adding in the Raiola & Alf-Inge fees the total value of the deal will still easily be somewhere in the region of €125-145M. That's not a cheap transfer by any means, and if Haaland were to flop at his next club then the buying club would  have to try recoup at least some of the agents fees too or otherwise end up with almost unprecedented losses on a transfer. Whichever way you put it, Haaland is just as much of a financial risk as Lukaku would be even if bought at the 'low release clause value' next year, let alone if he was bought for +150M this year.

Just now, Jype said:

Next year the release clause will be €75-85M depending on which source you believe, and when adding in the Raiola & Alf-Inge fees the total value of the deal will still easily be somewhere in the region of €125-145M. That's not a cheap transfer by any means, and if Haaland were to flop at his next club then the buying club would  have to try recoup at least some of the agents fees too or otherwise end up with almost unprecedented losses on a transfer. Whichever way you put it, Haaland is just as much of a financial risk as Lukaku would be even if bought at the 'low release clause value' next year, let alone if he was bought for +150M this year.

Even if Haaland somehow flops at his next club, his young age means there's at least some kind of resale value there which is different to Lukaku. 

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

you on the other hand, extremely overrating Lukaku. Like Tomo said Werner scored 28 league goals in Bundesliga, that is better than Lukaku record at Inter. What makes you think 15-20 goals is guaranteed? Also consider Ciro immobile who scored 36 league goals, could only score 3 goals at Dortmund. 

I think to be fair to Lukaku, you have to take into context that during his career he has played for three different Premier League clubs (not including ourselves) already and averaged around 1 in 2 at all three.

He's then carried a similar goal output on to Inter, so you would probably expect that if he's playing regularly he should be getting us 15-20 league goals.

3 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I wouldn’t say he flopped at United. Scored 42 goals and assisted 13 on 96 matches in Mourinho’s shity United, where he was used as a target man which clearly didn’t suite him.

That is some serious revisionism shit. If he wasn’t linked to Chelsea you wouldn’t be saying this nonsense.

He flopped, United were overjoyed they were able to recoup most of it. Just like we were when we sold Morata to Athletico Madrid.

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I mean, if Calvert Lewin and old ass Jamie Vardy can score 15+ and the likes of Ollie Watkins and washed Lacazette can score around 15 I think Lukaku can easily hit that playing in a much better team.

The actual goal scoring is the least of my worries with Rom. It’s everything else (team play, longevity, how his body holds up) that worries me.

12 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Lukaku has already scored 113 goals in the Premier League over 7 seasons when he was younger, that's an average of 16 goals a season. I would expect +15 league goals from him even if he hadn't improved at all since his days at WBA/Everton or his overweight Man Utd period.

Immobile has only ever succeeded in Serie A and failed on every transfer outside of his native Italy, so there's a huge difference. At 24yo he had only ever had one great season at Torino before his move to Dortmund where he flopped badly, and then found consistency at Lazio. Maybe he's one of those who gets homesick when he goes away from Italy, or maybe during his spells at Dortmund / Sevilla he just wasn't good enough yet? Either way it's a shit comparison and to this day Lukaku has already shown he's got what it takes to score goals in multiple countries / leagues.

Edited by Jype

Why not do a Giroud and go for Auba or Laca? I think both could do a decent job and bring more of the competition for Werner than completely ditch him. I do not really buy the idea, that we absolutely need main man up front. I think many of our attacking players could improve on numbers this year.
Happy, we have ambitions and money to do things but think Lukaku is not who we need.