Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We wont stand a chance to sign Haaland next year. Its just impossible when the likes of PSG, Barca and Real will be there. They can offer 400-800k in wages which we never would do or can do. Just look at Griezmann on 800k/week 😵

I guess we really tried for Haaland this summer but since he is impossible now and will be next summer then Lukaku is the next best option and they are kind of similar in their playing styles. Why would people even have Haaland if they talk down Lukakus abilities? They both excel going forward in spaces with their power and speed and can finish with both feets. 

Haaland is younger and probably the better long term alternative but if he is impossible and we are looking at the same kind of striker then Lukaku is the next best choice. 

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Di Marzio - Lukaku would not say no to a transfer to Chelsea

Expected, this man has no pride in him, as soon his wages doubled he changed stance faster than you can say Baba Rahman.

lol?

what is the problem for move to a team for money? Its perfect normal. I would do the same  lol

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

That is some serious revisionism shit. If he wasn’t linked to Chelsea you wouldn’t be saying this nonsense.

He flopped, United were overjoyed they were able to recoup most of it. Just like we were when we sold Morata to Athletico Madrid.

Not at all. I regret we wasted on Lukaku, he could have had long great career here. Also felt bad when we got Morata not him few years ago. Morata’s numbers and performances are nowhere near to Lukaku’s. I would take him back in a heartbeat, rather than Haaland. He is in top of his game, great age, would fit in current team.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think to be fair to Lukaku, you have to take into context that during his career he has played for three different Premier League clubs (not including ourselves) already and averaged around 1 in 2 at all three.

He's then carried a similar goal output on to Inter, so you would probably expect that if he's playing regularly he should be getting us 15-20 league goals.

He won’t be playing regularly for long, I can’t imagine a manager like Tuchel keeps playing Lukaku if he struggles to score. Look how he excluded Tammy. He cares a lot about how a player’s general play. 

Lukaku is a terrible fit, i honestly don’t believe these reports. I guess I will be in denial even when the club announces him.

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

He won’t be playing regularly for long, I can’t imagine a manager like Tuchel keeps playing Lukaku if he struggles to score. Look how he excluded Tammy. He cares a lot about how a player’s general play. 

Lukaku is a terrible fit, i honestly don’t believe these reports. I guess I will be in denial even when the club announces him.

Man City are reportedly trying to buy kane who will cost 150m who is the same age? 

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

But why would we want Haaland if Lukaku is a terrible fit? They are really similar players in the way they are attacking and scoring goals. 

I don't know what I find more frustrating, the fact that we're trying to sign Lukaku or that people are suddenly agreeing with me (that we shouldn't sign for the sake of it) purely because we are about to do it.

"Sign someone anyone"

Ok

"No not him"

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Havertz and Kante didn't came for the money, many others as well, where does this 99% come from? Some of you don't know how to defend the guy anymore, he clearly said in front of the tv he is staying at Inter, is happy in Milan and never felt happy in England because of the press who abused him, now that money has been put on the table he gives up on all his morals just to grab some more money, this is beyond sad, it's not like the difference in wages will change his lifestyle one bit but he is just a greedy guy.

Players have short careers money talks no matter what job you are in if a company will double my wages am off simple as that 

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't know what I find more frustrating, the fact that we're trying to sign Lukaku or that people are suddenly agreeing with me (that we shouldn't sign for the sake of it) purely because we are about to do it.

"Sign someone anyone"

Ok

"No not him"

Call them out. 

From what I've seen the vast majority has been Haaland or no one. 

6 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Why would people even have Haaland if they talk down Lukakus abilities? 

Haaland is flavor of the month, and like we've seen many times in the past people love flavor of the month players. Last year it was Reguilon instead of Chilwell. 

Haaland is great and odds are by the end of his career he will likely go down as one of the best players of his age group, but I'm having a really hard time figuring out why having Lukaku would all of a sudden be some huge tactical problem for Tuchel to solve or else he'll be shit but then same people think Haaland would fit our team like a glove, even though they're actually quite similar players.

I can understand being turned off by Lukaku on the financial side of things (high fee, high wage, little re-sale value) but what I really don't get is the outright abuse on Lukaku as a player like he's the second coming of Andy Carroll or some shit. The man has scored 305 career goals by age 28 while playing in top leagues since 18 and keeping up the same rate he's likely to reach close to 500 goals overall by the time he retires from the game. Shit players just don't do that. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Call them out. 

From what I've seen the vast majority has been Haaland or no one. 

Yep and when it looked like it was going to be no one we were apparently standing still and throwing under Tuchel under a bus.

Tbh I'm half glad I can now express my stance from a position of strength without it potentially appearing like I'm blindly defending the club decision making, which is I am that sure of Havertz as a f9 i'm indifferent to signing Haaland let alone anyone else.

Edited by Tomo

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's easy for us to say we're normal humans earning to make a living, he is already earning in a month at Inter what many earn in half a lifetime, money should be no concern for him, he goes in front of the tv and proclaims how happy he is in Milan and how England never appreciated him and now suddenly changes his mind just for the sake of more money which won't even change anything in his lifestyle, complete greed.

You live within your means. Fact is players go to clubs for money and the shit players move clubs to just get a game.

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's easy for us to say we're normal humans earning to make a living, he is already earning in a month at Inter what many earn in half a lifetime, money should be no concern for him, he goes in front of the tv and proclaims how happy he is in Milan and how England never appreciated him and now suddenly changes his mind just for the sake of more money which won't even change anything in his lifestyle, complete greed.

Judging by all reports Lukaku himself is not pushing for a transfer. He seems like he'd be happy to join if the clubs can agree on a fee but he won't actively demand a transfer, even if he would get more money at Chelsea than he currently earns. Calling him greedy for this is just another example of the ridiculous hatchet job this forum seems to be doing on Lukaku.

I just hope the match going fans won't be so unfair on him if he indeed does join. Just imagine the pressure on him if the atmosphere is already hostile towards him from the very start and people have already made up their minds about him before even kicking a ball. Impossible to succeed in conditions like that for any player.