Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Except a lot of people are forgetting he 'improved' by playing in a league where his limitations on the ball are played down given how slow the league is in comparison to the Premier League. 

I have no doubt in my mind he will score goals, but the amount of build up he will ruin will have us pulling our hair similar to United fans. 

Like I said yesterday, there will be lots of super frustrating spells with Lukaku. There will be games where he simply can’t get into the game at all because there’s no space. Similar to Tammy, really. 

I’m already preparing myself for the annoyance.

18 minutes ago, Razer Sharp said:

And what of Mount and Werner both of whom are Critical to Tuchel's System ?? Havertz is slowly getting back to his level and I'm confident he can produce a similar output to what he did in the 2nd half of the 19/20 season when he played up front for Leverkuzen

That's up to Tuchel, he can do whatever he wants.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Does he even want Lukaku? 

I'd be astonished if the club were prepared to pay around the £100m mark for a 28 year old that the manager doesn't even want.

If Tuchel didn't rate Lukaku then I don't see this pursuit.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'd be astonished if the club were prepared to pay around the £100m mark for a 28 year old that the manager doesn't even want.

If Tuchel didn't rate Lukaku then I don't see this pursuit.

You're talking about a club who have a history of buying players that the manager doesn't necessarily want...

What the difference in good build up and werner missing, Alot, I swear he could aim down with an RPG and still miss the earth. To lukaku screwing build up but scoring shit loads more?  All good having build up if there is some one there to bang the bastard ball in the net? Or am I mistaken you guys would rather amazing build up n ball in the stands? 

Edited by BluesMadLad

Lukaku

I've read through page after page on this subject.

I don't want the fat lump here.

I don't care who they bring in anybody but him.

He was no good first round, a fat lump at Manure, ok'ish at Inter much slower football.

Methinks he'll be disruptive, and for £100m+ they got to be joking.

Please please don't bring him here.

1 minute ago, Jas said:

You're talking about a club who have a history of buying players that the manager doesn't necessarily want...

Whilst the manager doesn't necessarily have final say, they will have some influence and voice. 

I just do not see us pursuing such a huge transfer (club record fee, likely highest paid player in the club's history) without Tuchel backing the move.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I thought Tuchel was happy with his attackers and instead wants to work on improving who he has?

Just a lip service, i doubt Tuchel are happy. He had several histories of clashing with the boards at Mainz, Dortmund, and PSG regarding transfer.

Edited by Blues Forever

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Whilst the manager doesn't necessarily have final say, they will have some influence and voice. 

I just do not see us pursuing such a huge transfer (club record fee, likely highest paid player in the club's history) without Tuchel backing the move.

But this is also a club that sack the manager often and the next manager may not be so keen on player X, Y, Z. 

10 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Just a lip service, i doubt Tuchel are happy. He had several histories of clashing with the boards at Mainz, Dortmund, and PSG regarding transfer.

But Tuchel has also said he doesn't want to repeat what he did at previous clubs because he doesn't want to destroy the squad harmony and the good atmosphere at the club. At the risk of looking silly down the line, think Tuchel is someone who can learn from his mistakes in such cases as opposed to being a stubborn bastard like Conte or Mourinho. And if Matt Law is to be believed, Tuchel is said to be relaxed about how things are going and isn't using the CL win to kick up a fuss with the board. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

People saying Lukaku is a wasteful transfer are forgetting how many big chances were missed last season with Havertz in the team.

Yea 100m is ridiculous but let's get it straight here... we need a goalscorer.

Lukaku last season scored less goals then Werner the year before he joined us.

Lukaku last season in the PL scored less goals than Havertz the year before he joined us.

41 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Except a lot of people are forgetting he 'improved' by playing in a league where his limitations on the ball are played down given how slow the league is in comparison to the Premier League. 

I have no doubt in my mind he will score goals, but the amount of build up he will ruin will have us pulling our hair similar to United fans. 

I'm fully against Lukaku but even I am laughing at the theory he will be worst than Torres.

Rom will have some uses, our version of Torres was the worst striker in the league.

Just now, Jas said:

But Tuchel has also said he doesn't want to repeat what he did at previous clubs because he doesn't want to destroy the squad harmony and the good atmosphere at the club. At the risk of looking silly down the line, think Tuchel is someone who can learn from his mistakes in such cases as opposed to being a stubborn bastard like Conte or Mourinho. And if Matt Law is to be believed, Tuchel is said to be relaxed about how things are going and isn't using the CL win to kick up a fuss with the board. 

It still remain to be seen, i wouldn't blindly trust what he said.