Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, EMBii said:

Werner  Lukaku Havertz

Chil   Jorgi  Kante  James

Rudi   AC   Azpi

Mount will be  substitution . 

You'd expect this against the Liverpools and Citys but I'd expect heavy rotation against mid table/bottom half sides.

I think alot of people are getting angry because it looks like we pick Lukaku instead of Haaland but maybe we never were close to or had a chance to sign Haaland at all. Yes, Lukaku is a downgrade from Haaland but if we never had a chance of getting Haaland this or even next year then Lukaku is the best option out there. He will bang in goals for fun under Tuchel and hopefully both Havertz and Werner keeps improving to fill in the goals when/if Lukaku doesnt. 

Lukaku Werner

Havertz

🤤

It seems like adding Lukaku would add more problems to the whole squad?... change of formation, players out of position, players game time...

The positives is that yes he is more clinical than Werner and would surely score a few goals.. but is it worth £100?

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Tuchel already expressed that Mount isn't suited in the pivot. 

Tuchel also said Werner is best suited to the left in front 3 but ended up playing him down the middle a lot anyway. He would have to find solutions to see how we can fit them in if we do end up with Lukaku...

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

He is really coming isn't he? Forget Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Morata, Torres this will surpass them in terms of worst transfer I've seen at this club, nothing about this one makes one bit of sense, the club has lost it's marbles.

Can someone else just go make a bid for Martinez or one of their main players? 

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

He is really coming isn't he? Forget Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Morata, Torres this will surpass them in terms of worst transfer I've seen at this club, nothing about this one makes one bit of sense, the club has lost it's marbles.

Take away last Summer and the club have been an absolute disaster (if this happens) in the transfer market since the end of the 2015 season. 

I get that Haaland is not happening but why not just give Havertz a go at False 9 then instead of this wastefull transfer?? I mean we seem to really click with him uptop, to me Lukaku isn't good enough to warrant sacrificing Kai's development as a 9 

1 minute ago, Razer Sharp said:

I get that Haaland is not happening but why not just give Havertz a go at False 9 then instead of this wastefull transfer?? I mean we seem to really click with him uptop, to me Lukaku isn't good enough to warrant sacrificing Kai's development as a 9 

We could use Havertz as a second striker or no. 10 behind Lukaku.

People saying Lukaku is a wasteful transfer are forgetting how many big chances were missed last season with Havertz in the team.

Yea 100m is ridiculous but let's get it straight here... we need a goalscorer.

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Arsenal and Atletico maybe but nothing advanced and he would cost a fortune for them.

I know Arsenal have to sell Lacazette first but think they have the money if things like this are in the works...

15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

To be fair to Lukaku, he would at least be coming here at the absolute height of his powers. Torres was busted before we bought him, Morata was a huge gamble because he was never the “main man,” and the two midfielders were never great to begin with. They were average before we bought them.

As much as I’m against this transfer for this silly money I can’t imagine Lukaku turning into a Torres or Morata like donkey. He’s too good for that.

8 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

We could use Havertz as a second striker or no. 10 behind Lukaku.

And what of Mount and Werner both of whom are Critical to Tuchel's System ?? Havertz is slowly getting back to his level and I'm confident he can produce a similar output to what he did in the 2nd half of the 19/20 season when he played up front for Leverkuzen

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

To be fair to Lukaku, he would at least be coming here at the absolute height of his powers. Torres was busted before we bought him, Morata was a huge gamble because he was never the “main man,” and the two midfielders were never great to begin with. They were average before we bought them.

As much as I’m against this transfer for this silly money I can’t imagine Lukaku turning into a Torres or Morata like donkey. He’s too good for that.

Except a lot of people are forgetting he 'improved' by playing in a league where his limitations on the ball are played down given how slow the league is in comparison to the Premier League. 

I have no doubt in my mind he will score goals, but the amount of build up he will ruin will have us pulling our hair similar to United fans. 

One thing that I will give Lukaku a lot of credit for is that he's comfortable in shooting areas on either foot. It sounds ridiculous for top level footballers but there aren't many around, and being comfortable in those positions on either foot does present him with more opportunities to score.