Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

Next week is going to be a season defining week for us in the transfer market.

Big incomings hopefully 🙏 

Ideal world every player being bought for the XI or bench is in place a week from today. Never gonna happen sadly. Ideal timeline would be Caicedo suddenly happens on Monday and then we are immediately moving deep into other conversations, although it’s not really clear who at this point as only Dybala or Cherki are linked to us as goal scoring options.

Enzo + Caicedo + Santos + Reece (if he is maybe being converted) would be a risky bet but may be enough for a 2 or 3 man midfield, but lacking experience. After that I still feel like we should be looking at ST, RW and GK. Dybala maybe resolves the first two problems to some extent and Mamardashvili would solve the latter. All affordable as well. All done by Friday and we spend the rest of the window flogging Lukaku and Ziyech or plotting how they are best used in a toilet cleaning capacity for 2023/24.

A man can dream.

Chelsea have rejected Inter Milan's latest approach for Romelu Lukaku. They want at least £40million for the striker. Juventus and Al-Hilal are possible destinations if Inter can't do more. He's still not available on loan. #cfc

Good. Put maximum pressure on both Inter and Lukaku. He absolutely cannot be allowed to come back to Cobham. If Inter don’t want to pay up then it’ll hopefully pressure him into accepting a Saudi deal.

Inter are about to receive a nice payday from United for Onana so they can use that money to buy Lukaku for our asking price.

Really though, why can’t we offer Lukaku + cash for Barella? A world class player right there that we don’t even appear to be trying for! 😩

3 hours ago, lucio said:

He played pretty much every game last season , 35 appearances in the league and played v Madrid . Way too much for someone way out of his depth. He can stay and play cup matches at most , if he’s a regular we are in serious trouble 

I actually agree with this, he did play way too much but maybe thats because most of the team looked like they didn't care and at least with gallagher he ran around the pitch and tried to put the effort in.  

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Gallagher & Mount no comparison quality wise. Lets be honest, we would all of rather kept Mount who has shown he can actually be a quality player if he was going to be in and around the squad and not a guaranteed starter (think Poch would of made a huge improvement on him like EtH will) than Gallagher who runs about like a headless chicken and is technically not remotely close to the level required to play regularly for Chelsea and even for England at international level. But Mount plays for United now so its always going to be that narrative now.

@OneMoSalah At no point did I compare the two players quality wise.  Mount is a far better player and there is no doubt about that.   I was simply saying that Mount ran off to United at the first opportunity he had.  All this talk of pulled contract offers and things going on behind the scenes but at the end of the day, he was an academy player and he could have signed a 12 month deal with the club with a release clause in place.   At least that way we could have planned for his departure rather than frantically trying to sign 2-3 midfielders. 

Compare that to Gallagher who kept on saying that he wanted a chance at Chelsea (whilst he was on loan at both West Brom & Crystal Palace).  I get that his first season at Chelsea wasn't the best but what did people expect from him?   Maybe with a coach that has done well with youngsters he'll be able to grow his game and be a possible goalscorer for us off the bench.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Feels like these Italian news outlets get everything wrong. So hopefully this is yet another one they do.

He isn't Haaland but in all seriousness Pizy, I think we could do with a Vlahovic.... he has the tools to compete in the Prem. He is strong and a very good finisher. His time at Juve hasn't gone great but that club has gone through turmoil just like ours has. Potch could be the one to get him up and running again.

19 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I know we are just hearing PR from both sides but if even 1/3 is true, we need to stay far far away…. not that he was ever coming here.

Manuel Ugarte and Milan Skriniar are two of the 6

as he was whingeing about PSG's signings 

which is pretty crazy if he is ripping them

I would LOVE to have both!!!

When it looked like we were actually going to buy Ugarte I did a deeper dive and it mitigated my concerns about his rashness

and we all know I am a huge Skriniar fangirl

I think he is one of the top right footed CBs on the planet atm  

Edited by Vesper

32 minutes ago, DDA said:

He isn't Haaland but in all seriousness Pizy, I think we could do with a Vlahovic.... he has the tools to compete in the Prem. He is strong and a very good finisher. His time at Juve hasn't gone great but that club has gone through turmoil just like ours has. Potch could be the one to get him up and running again.

Sure, may be worth a chance at like £40m or a season long loan with buy option next summer. You could spin that price positively because he’s still only 23 and may still realize his immense potential in a new team. But for £70m+? Nah. We can’t afford paying that for another striker that’s got a lot of risk attached to him. 

If we’re going to pay big money for another #9 we need to be 100% convinced that he’s going to be a hit. 

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I know we are just hearing PR from both sides but if even 1/3 is true, we need to stay far far away…. not that he was ever coming here.

PSG dug their own hole when they offered him that new contract with the terms they gave. Giving a player that much power over a club is criminal.