Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

He’s no Rüdiger in terms of pace but who is? He’s very athletic and can get about just fine. He’s not going to get twisted in knots like Harry Maguire or anything.

Yeah Rudigers pace was freakishly great.

Once he got going, he's was unstoppable.

He's been in the top 5-10 fastest players in the PL ever since he arrived.

Koulibaly plays in the Shitalian league where Lukaku is a monster

Cannot compare with Rudi...it is a downgrade that too a short term one considering age for which we are paying good money....but cant complain since we need to gurantee top 4 in which he can help...we are far off city and liverpool and that gap doeant look likely to go away in the next few years

22 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Cannot compare with Rudi...it is a downgrade that too a short term one considering age for which we are paying good money....but cant complain since we need to gurantee top 4 in which he can help...we are far off city and liverpool and that gap doeant look likely to go away in the next few years

What separated us from City and Liverpool last year was consistency over the course of a season along with a lack of confident finishers.

Head to head... there isn't much in it.. and it would be fair to say, we bettered them in head to head meetings and if not for the mentioned lack of goal scorers we would have beaten both convincingly last season in several games.

So far we have brought in Sterling who knows where the goal is. We have Havertz going into his 3rd season now, already showing signs of adaptation last season with adding aggression to his game. There are rumours we may be in for Gnabry and if we do  somehow bring in Lewa... then I can't see why we aren't able to stand toe to toe with City and Liverpool... especially now we are brining in KK to play alongside Silva, James and the returning Chilwell. 

50 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah Rudigers pace was freakishly great.

Once he got going, he's was unstoppable.

He's been in the top 5-10 fastest players in the PL ever since he arrived.

I think other teams should be  worrying about sterlings pace...hopefully

43 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

I thought you just did!

Chelsea are now closing on Kalidou Koulibaly deal! Full agreement on personal terms for €10m net per season, contract until June 2027. 🚨🔵 #CFC

Negotiation set to be completed in the coming days: Chelsea working to close the deal for €38m plus add ons as final proposal.

6 hours ago, Stats said:

The fee is a lot but I don't see why people are such against it. He is an experienced PL defender. Good on the ball and in a back 3 I think will really surprise people. Like I say, City forked out money for him for a reason and not a case that he has been awful for them. Just been behind in the pecking order. I mean don't get me wrong if we got Ake as our only defender, I would bricking it but alongside Koulibaly, I am fine with that.

Ake Silva Koulibaly with Colwill Ampadu Trevoh as backups seems to be the plan. Colwill rotates with Ake, Koulibaly switches between the centre and RCB since Silva will be rotated.

11 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Dont believe that for one minute

40m E's on a five year contract for a 31yo and then 50m E's for the five years.

Nobody would be stupid enough to offer that...yes! even CFC

In pounds it is around £33.7m and £162K PW 

The salary is fine, but

I would have thought it would be £25.3m to £29.5m trans fee (30m to 35m euros) plus 3 years max on the contract, with a possible club-triggered-only option for a 4th.

He has 3 good seasons left I wager, anything beyond that is dicey, hardly anyone is a Thiago

Edited by Vesper

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

In pounds it is around £33.7m and £162K PW 

The salary is fine, but

I would have thought it would be £25.3m to £29.5m fee (30m to 35m euros) plus 3 years max, with a possible club-triggered-only option for a 4th

What can we say...we are The Pensioners 🤕

Don't like this transfer, but me not liking will not change anything that our beloved club does. So just gonna get on with it and support him. Hope we finish 4th next year. 

Edited by shrenshah

3 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

What can we say...we are The Pensioners 🤕

Don't like this transfer, but me not liking will not change anything that our beloved club does. So just gonna get on with it and support him. Hope we finish 4th next year. 

I have always said my first choice for WC veteran CB was Marquinhos (pipe dream), then Škriniar, then (after I flung myself off the Bastoni train) De Ligt, then KK (whose price was low enough to buy Škiniar as well if we were not going to buy any of Osimhen or Bellingham or Rice now (all are next summer options is how I looked at it)

Youth: Gvardiol and Schotterbeck 

Bremer was in the mix as well, but I just got tired of defending him, and I went back and watched some more in game Vida (not highlights) and can admit he is not exactly Beckenbauer on the ball. Demiral, well ZERO links.

In terms of this window:

Gvardiol is for next summer, RB will not sell now unless we tossed £80m, £90m, even maybe £100m, at them, which is madness (we should do a precontract in January)

Sooooooooooo.....

IF (as is very likely) Škriniar goes to PSG (I think we are fools to not jump on him), and De Ligt goes to the Bavarian cowpig farmers, that leaves KK as only WC target left who is actually available.