Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

If we get Koulibaly, Ake is needed even less. Colwill is already the superior player. Koulibaly would be the experienced, reliable presence the younger players can lean on.

Colwill is already the superior player? Based on what exactly? 

2 minutes ago, Kong said:

I'm usually far from someone who wants youngsters chucked in just because but Colwill is James 2019 level of next to sure thing.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I'm usually far from someone who wants youngsters chucked in just because but Colwill is James 2019 level of next to sure thing.

But his point is... Colwill is unproven at Premier League level.. Ake is. That matters.

2 minutes ago, Kong said:

Just look at him. I did not know either before @Tomo told me but then I took the time and watched some matches and match highlights of Colwill and he is just so much better than Ake at everything. Pace, strength, overall athleticism, ability on the ball, reading of the game, dribbling, passing range.

Ake is just a fraud, he would instantly be our second worst defender after Sarr. The only thing Ake has ever proven is that he is not good enough.

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Just look at him. I did not know either before @Tomo told me but then I took the time and watched some matches and match highlights of Colwill and he is just so much better than Ake at everything. Pace, strength, overall athleticism, ability on the ball, reading of the game, dribbling, passing range.

Ake is just a fraud, he would instantly be our second worst defender after Sarr. The only thing Ake has ever proven is that he is not good enough.

Sorry but until he plays in the Premier league you simply can't compare them. Relying on a youngster woth no Premier league experience is suicide ake may not be brilliant but last few years he's trained with one of the best managers and players in the league, am hoping him givien a real shot he just might come good. Pep obviously saw something in him.

Edited by Kong

Right, so the easy bit is done which was agreeing on KK’s side. Now for the hard bit where everything can fall apart: dealing with that asshole De Laurentiis who could wake up one morning and decide to add €20m to the asking price. 🤣

30 minutes ago, Kong said:

I agree he looks good but Premier league is a different beast.

31 minutes ago, DDA said:

But his point is... Colwill is unproven at Premier League level.. Ake is. That matters.

This year it's PL proven if he went out and showed he could handle this league on loan at say Southampton the next argument will be he's not proven here.

Sometimes (like with James) it's just too obvious. FYI I'm not even against signing Ake aslong as the price is right, there's room for both.

24 minutes ago, Kong said:

Sorry but until he plays in the Premier league you simply can't compare them. Relying on a youngster woth no Premier league experience is suicide

But what if we had that mindset with James, Mount and even Trevoh to an extent?

If Todd was demanding the title at all costs I could (somewhat) understand it but Tuchel is too good a manager to fail at top four.

Edited by Tomo